simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 701a Antimatter Blue PB
Hey everyone,
New to the forum and I'm super excited to have my first truck, hopefully soon. I placed an order for a 2021 F150 Lariat (Screw, 502a, 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost, and a few other options) on 8/9 and already really anxious to get it.

My dealer said I'd receive an email from Ford with an order confirmation. I haven't gotten it yet, nor has my credit card been charged the $500 deposit. Dealer says the truck has been ordered and I need not worry, but is this the typical experience?

Thanks! Super pumped to (hopefully soon) get the truck
Sponsored

Mixxfixx

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Coming who knows when 202? F150 screw Lariat
Occupation
Professor
I ordered in March and still don’t have a vin (that equals no build date)

grab some popcorn and strap in

BigPaulie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 FX4 5.0
Occupation
US Army (Ret)/GS Civilian
Mar 10th order date. Still no production as well. Enjoy the:D wait.

Sponsored

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
It's really all over the place with the ordering. I ordered 7/31 and have an estimated build date of 9/20. I just wouldn't get your hopes up that anything gets done on time.

OP
OP
simon

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
How are you guys getting your estimated build dates & VIN? From the dealer? Ford website?

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
How are you guys getting your estimated build dates & VIN? From the dealer? Ford website?
I got mine from the dealer, you can ask about once a week. I never did get any emails confirming anything.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
Hey everyone,
New to the forum and I'm super excited to have my first truck, hopefully soon. I placed an order for a 2021 F150 Lariat (Screw, 502a, 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost, and a few other options) on 8/9 and already really anxious to get it.

My dealer said I'd receive an email from Ford with an order confirmation. I haven't gotten it yet, nor has my credit card been charged the $500 deposit. Dealer says the truck has been ordered and I need not worry, but is this the typical experience?

Hey Simon,

While you wait, explore around this site. There is a lot of interesting articles and discussions to educate yourself on your new vehicle. It's also good to learn about other versions other technologies out there. This can be a long wait, and its frustrating to hear someone place an order one month ago getting their VIN and dates scheduled, while I am waiting since 5/1 for any information on my F150.

It's funny, because of this site I learned some interesting things that made me change things up on my order.

The first is that I learned that a loaded Platinum costs less than a loaded King Ranch (and the Platinum includes the massaging seats where the KR does not) even though the base price the Platinum is more than the King Ranch. So I swapped out the King Ranch for a Platinum and saved ~$1,800 and didn't lose my place in line, nor any of the features.

Second I was reading reviews of the ride of the hybrid F-150. One reviewer was talking about the CCD making the ride smoother than not having it. Because of that review and the delay, I was able to include the CCD on my order. From that change Blue Clues was thrown in, in addition to the base price dropping $65.

This thread provides a lot of information on where Ford is and what is causing some of the potential hold ups: What to expect 2021 Model Year Build Out & 2022 F-150 Start Up

So read and learn. This is my first truck since my very first vehicle (a '95 Ranger). There are things I haven't even considered, but the members here have tons of information.

One thing you will find solace in is that there are many others in your situation or sometimes worse. It keeps things in perspective. That will keep you sane,... well... saner.

Rob

<rant>I want my truck now.</rant>

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Also as you read through the forums don’t get too worried about issues people report. Be aware so you can watch for them but odds are your truck will be amazing when it arrives.

Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Hey everyone,

Who's the dealer? Ordered last week from Granger and received my VIN 5 days later. I encountered similar thing to what you report with another dealer, never received VIN, they placed the order without my final approval, truck showed up before any VIN or other confirmation from Ford and eventually they did not honor the price.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
Hey everyone,

First, congrats on the new truck. What color did you go with? Second, I wouldn't plan on the truck getting built til at least October, then depending on your location. 2 to 4 weeks for shipping to your dealer. I haven't heard of Ford sending out a confirmation, but that could be a newer thing as I ordered in January and still don't have my truck yet(you won't wait that long). What I would do is ask your dealer for a "vehicle visibility report". That could at least show you that the order was put in. Once you have a VIN and order number, you can use the many trackers available, like the one on this site to loosely track it's progress

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IF you know the right people, there are other ways you can get info ????

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Second I was reading reviews of the ride of the hybrid F-150. One reviewer was talking about the CCD making the ride smoother than not having it. Because of that review and the delay, I was able to include the CCD on my order. From that change Blue Clues was thrown in, in addition to the base price dropping $65.
All right I give what is CCD? I know I will feel stupid after the answer and probably have read about LOL

OP
OP
simon

simon

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hey Simon,

While you wait, explore around this site. There is a lot of interesting articles and discussions to educate yourself on your new vehicle. It's also good to learn about other versions other technologies out there. This can be a long wait, and its frustrating to hear someone place an order one month ago getting their VIN and dates scheduled, while I am waiting since 5/1 for any information on my F150.

It's funny, because of this site I learned some interesting things that made me change things up on my order.

The first is that I learned that a loaded Platinum costs less than a loaded King Ranch (and the Platinum includes the massaging seats where the KR does not) even though the base price the Platinum is more than the King Ranch. So I swapped out the King Ranch for a Platinum and saved ~$1,800 and didn't lose my place in line, nor any of the features.

This thread provides a lot of information on where Ford is and what is causing some of the potential hold ups: What to expect 2021 Model Year Build Out & 2022 F-150 Start Up

So read and learn. This is my first truck since my very first vehicle (a '95 Ranger). There are things I haven't even considered, but the members here have tons of information.

One thing you will find solace in is that there are many others in your situation or sometimes worse. It keeps things in perspective. That will keep you sane,... well... saner.

Rob

<rant>I want my truck now.</rant>
WOW!! Thanks so much for all of that awesome information! Good to know about the King Ranch vs. Platinum, but unfortunately both of those are above my price point.

Who's the dealer? Ordered last week from Granger and received my VIN 5 days later. I encountered similar thing to what you report with another dealer, never received VIN, they placed the order without my final approval, truck showed up before any VIN or other confirmation from Ford and eventually they did not honor the price.
Interesting. I ordered from Wade Ford in Smyrna, GA. I initially placed an order with another dealer thru the Ford website, but then they totally ghosted me. Wouldn't call back, anything. That was Jim Ellis Ford, in Sandy Springs, GA.

First, congrats on the new truck. What color did you go with? Second, I wouldn't plan on the truck getting built til at least October, then depending on your location. 2 to 4 weeks for shipping to your dealer. I haven't heard of Ford sending out a confirmation, but that could be a newer thing as I ordered in January and still don't have my truck yet(you won't wait that long). What I would do is ask your dealer for a "vehicle visibility report". That could at least show you that the order was put in. Once you have a VIN and order number, you can use the many trackers available, like the one on this site to loosely track it's progress
Truck is Oxford White. I'd be totally happy with an October build! Fingers crossed and hopefully I can get a VIN soon.

IF you know the right people, there are other ways you can get info ????
So... who are the "right people" and if I ask nicely can they get me the right info?

Thanks guys!!!
Simon
Sponsored