Nail-Sun

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid Powerboost
Fellow powerboost Owners:
Do you recommend I purchase a Ford extended warranty for my new truck?

Why or why not?

What price did you pay and will Dealer negotiate--what should I beware of?

Thanks for taking time to reply. I am new to this stuff and appreciate your help.
Sponsored

Ford4Ever

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Taurus SEL AWD, 21 F150 Lariat 502a
If my truck ever shows up, I plan on matching the battery 8/100000. First edition and all the problems kind of mandate it. I already ran the info with Flood Ford and my dealership. Flood is about 2/3 the price.

OP
OP

Nail-Sun

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid Powerboost
I assume the insurance is offered by your local dealership or offered by Ford?

ChiefD

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150
I purchased the Ford ESP for my Powerboost. There are just too many power items on the truck that might need repair some day. I had the pricing from Flood Ford and my dealer was able to come within $50 so I purchased it from them.

Sponsored

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm wondering the same thing. I've got one on order and I'm curious what the cost and options are for extended warranties.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I started a thread some time ago about about this. I got one for 6 years 60,000 for $805 with upgraded bulb replacement, first day rental and upgraded rental. There was a price increace right after I purchased mine. Price varies depending on your location but here is the thread, some good info.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/extended-service-plans-esps.592/

Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
So what is a rip off about it...
It's not a ripoff, I had it on another car. But this is important to know: it starts the day you buy it. If you're buying a new vehicle that already has a warranty they will overlap, so a six year protection plan only gains you three years of coverage. Wait to buy the extended warranty until your original is almost over, they're always available and don't need to be bought when the truck is new. It will be slightly more expensive but not much. And one other reason not to buy it right away is that you might sell your truck and never need it. They're usually transferrable though and also they usually will refund you whatever remains on your policy if you cancel early.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
It's not a ripoff, I had it on another car. But this is important to know: it starts the day you buy it. If you're buying a new vehicle that already has a warranty they will overlap, so a six year protection plan only gains you three years of coverage. Wait to buy the extended warranty until your original is almost over, they're always available and don't need to be bought when the truck is new. It will be slightly more expensive but not much. And one other reason not to buy it right away is that you might sell your truck and never need it. They're usually transferrable though and also they usually will refund you whatever remains on your policy if you cancel early.
It doesn’t start when you buy it, they all start from when the car was new. Which is exactly why when you purchase a 6 year one on day one it’s only really extending you the 3 years. You’d have the same exact coverage whether you bought it day 1 or day 1000. It states right in the details the mileage and time is from when the car was first put into service.

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Also as stated above, it dates to when truck was first new and as you noted it cost more after each year. Of course if your not sure you will keep 3 years or more than I agree better to wait.

The day 1 rental and rental upgrade starts day one, so even if you are having something covered in the shop overnight they have to give you a rental unlike if you didn't have it.

I like even if I sell for it is a good selling point and can get more for my truck selling it privately. If I trade it in they prorate it back to me.

I don't put a lot of miles on my vehicles because I am retired so the plan is cheap for me.
Sponsored