Not open for further replies.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Sometimes, it's just a principle thing. It may not make sense at all, but here's an example for myself recently where the same sort of thing applied.

My now-wife and I were planning our wedding last year, and we were touring venues. We found a *beautiful* winery that we loved. We wanted to rent the venue, we wanted unlimited wine, and we wanted them to provide everything they could (including things like napkins and table cloths).

When we got the quote, we saw that the unlimited wine package was $14/person. This was amazing to us --their wine is excellent, and other venues charged $25-$30/person for unlimited wine. Then, we saw the line item for linen rentals --so, napkins and table cloths -- and it was $15/person. $15 for a freakin napkin, and using 1/8th of a table cloth. We could have bought them for far less.

Other venues would charge ~$4/person for linen rentals. So, this winery we loved was technically a buck or two cheaper than the others when it came to the wine/linens, but on general principle, I could not bring myself to pay for that linen line item. I just refused to do it. It was exorbitant and ridiculous, and even though it's clear that the wine was heavily discounted, I just flat-out refused.

We found a place we liked better anyway, and it was wonderful, but the moral of the story is -- for some people, it's just the principle of the thing.
Agreed 100%.
Sponsored

bgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum
I ordered a Plat 701A with Adaptive Steering from Dexter on 10/2 and it was built 12/19 and delivered mid January. My signature has more details - anything different on your orders?
The process moved fast for me once I added AS. My truck was built two weeks ago and is now in transit to my dealer.

We have a few differences, 5.5 bed, tow package no CCD. I’m convinced it was AS that was delaying for me.

greyphox

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 5.0 Lariat SuperCab
Occupation
Engineer
Email sent! Looking forward to working with you guys.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Placed my order with Dexter. Black F-150 Platinum Hybrid 701A with all the bells and whistles. All went smooth with answers and deposit. Glad I made the cut off before the new price hike with Ford.

Had cosidered Antimatter Blue, but stuck with Black. Any thoughts on that Antimatter Blue?

emulsifide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tesla Model S P85, 2019 Tesla Model 3 SR+
Placed my order with Dexter. Black F-150 Platinum Hybrid 701A with all the bells and whistles. All went smooth with answers and deposit. Glad I made the cut off before the new price hike with Ford.

Had cosidered Antimatter Blue, but stuck with Black. Any thoughts on that Antimatter Blue?
Antimatter Blue is a black base coat with a blue flake on top of it. Ford has made a number of those colors over the years (Lava Red, Kodiak Brown, etc.). All top notch and look super cool on sunny days.

I just pulled the trigger on a PowerBoost Lariat 502A today with Dexter. First new car and first truck for me! Definitely excited even though I know I'm looking at a lengthy wait time. As long as I get it before next winter I'm cool!

Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
The process moved fast for me once I added AS. My truck was built two weeks ago and is now in transit to my dealer.

We have a few differences, 5.5 bed, tow package no CCD. I’m convinced it was AS that was delaying for me.
Regarding Adaptive Steering, I thought that came with the 701A package automatically. When you configure the truck online, it's not even an option to select from. Did you have to specify it separately? Hoping I may still be able to make the change.

OP
OP

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
If you want me to add the adaptive steering send me the email and I will make the change as soon as I can

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
Regarding Adaptive Steering, I thought that came with the 701A package automatically. When you configure the truck online, it's not even an option to select from. Did you have to specify it separately? Hoping I may still be able to make the change.
I initially thought the same thing, that it was standard. Don’t know why Ford can’t update the B&P tool so it matches the order guide. Best to double check the order guide and make sure you are ordering what you really want.

703fordf150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1199s
Placed an order for a BAP Platinum EcoBoost. Lets see how it goes...but I am excited.

Thanks to Dexter for the quick responses.

Sponsored

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Just sent the email your way to add the AS. Also, I’m going to keep the current color.
Sent that updated and signed prec
If you want me to add the adaptive steering send me the email and I will make the change as soon as I can
Placed an order for a BAP Platinum EcoBoost. Lets see how it goes...but I am excited.

I initially thought the same thing, that it was standard. Don’t know why Ford can’t update the B&P tool so it matches the order guide. Best to double check the order guide and make sure you are ordering what you really want.
I looked through it shortly after. Calling Ford today to ask about it. It’s a bit misleading that they would not automatically include it in their standard package or even include it as an additional feature. Regardless, I am disappointed having to dish out almost 1K for this which I though was already in the packages added. Not practical to charge separately on a luxury end truck. Always thought this would be a standard.

Last edited:

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Antimatter Blue is a black base coat with a blue flake on top of it. Ford has made a number of those colors over the years (Lava Red, Kodiak Brown, etc.). All top notch and look super cool on sunny days.

I just pulled the trigger on a PowerBoost Lariat 502A today with Dexter. First new car and first truck for me! Definitely excited even though I know I'm looking at a lengthy wait time. As long as I get it before next winter I'm cool!
Congrats! Did you by chance receive the confirmation email from Ford already?

Last edited:

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Contacted Ford Motors today. From what I have gathered from their "Marketing" department, the Adaptive Steering has had several unpredictable outcomes when adding or changing an order to include it.

I was told that adding the feature actually delays the build. I realize there is a multitude of customers out there that state adding it will improve the chances of receiving their vehicle faster, but how would you explain the opposite information on multiple calls made for the same question?

Has anybody reached out to Ford to verify this information at any given point in time? It's not a bad idea to have this feature, and for many, it is preferred, but if Ford, did not publicly add it as a standard, and it's not listed on their build order website to be able to select, then common sense tells me that Ford doesn't have the necessary parts to build certain vehicles with this feature, and prefers no to publicly post it available for the masses??

For those who have been lucky to have build dates after adding this feature, perhaps the sudden odd addition triggered the vehicle order that was just sitting around to be produced since the part was coincidentally, and suddenly, available during that time frame.

Thoughts???

thudnblunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 PowerBoost
Occupation
Cloud Software Architect
Contacted Ford Motors today. From what I have gathered from their "Marketing" department, the Adaptive Steering has had several unpredictable outcomes when adding or changing an order to include it.

I was told that adding the feature actually delays the build. I realize there is a multitude of customers out there that state adding it will improve the chances of receiving their vehicle faster, but how would you explain the opposite information on multiple calls made for the same question?

Has anybody reached out to Ford to verify this information at any given point in time? It's not a bad idea to have this feature, and for many, it is preferred, but if Ford, did not publicly add it as a standard, and it's not listed on their build order website to be able to select, then common sense tells me that Ford doesn't have the necessary parts to build certain vehicles with this feature, and prefers no to publicly post it available for the masses??

For those who have been lucky to have build dates after adding this feature, perhaps the sudden odd addition triggered the vehicle order that was just sitting around to be produced since the part was coincidentally, and suddenly, available during that time frame.

Thoughts???
When I ordered my 701A, apparently the non-AS steering wheels for Platinums were backordered so AS builds were getting scheduled faster. That was in November and I imagine the inventory situation could be different now, perhaps in the opposite direction with AS parts on backorder this time. No way to really know other than anecdotes unfortunately.

MonsterTrucker75

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
When I ordered my 701A, apparently the non-AS steering wheels for Platinums were backordered so AS builds were getting scheduled faster. That was in November and I imagine the inventory situation could be different now, perhaps in the opposite direction with AS parts on back-order this time. No way to really know other than anecdotes unfortunately.
It is definitely a gamble at this point. I currently added the feature due to its advantage at least for me given my past vehicles, but given it shortening the $$ savings, and "if" it truly does delay things, then it would be the only feature I would consider removing again. We'll see how things go for a bit.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.