First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'98 Jeep Wrangler, '09 BMW 3-Series
Occupation
IT
I do not understand your point if the bottom line price is what you are looking for
Sometimes, it's just a principle thing. It may not make sense at all, but here's an example for myself recently where the same sort of thing applied.

My now-wife and I were planning our wedding last year, and we were touring venues. We found a *beautiful* winery that we loved. We wanted to rent the venue, we wanted unlimited wine, and we wanted them to provide everything they could (including things like napkins and table cloths).

When we got the quote, we saw that the unlimited wine package was $14/person. This was amazing to us --their wine is excellent, and other venues charged $25-$30/person for unlimited wine. Then, we saw the line item for linen rentals --so, napkins and table cloths -- and it was $15/person. $15 for a freakin napkin, and using 1/8th of a table cloth. We could have bought them for far less.

Other venues would charge ~$4/person for linen rentals. So, this winery we loved was technically a buck or two cheaper than the others when it came to the wine/linens, but on general principle, I could not bring myself to pay for that linen line item. I just refused to do it. It was exorbitant and ridiculous, and even though it's clear that the wine was heavily discounted, I just flat-out refused.

We found a place we liked better anyway, and it was wonderful, but the moral of the story is -- for some people, it's just the principle of the thing.
Sponsored

s.v.t.

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Building..

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Sometimes, it's just a principle thing. It may not make sense at all, but here's an example for myself recently where the same sort of thing applied.

My now-wife and I were planning our wedding last year, and we were touring venues. We found a *beautiful* winery that we loved. We wanted to rent the venue, we wanted unlimited wine, and we wanted them to provide everything they could (including things like napkins and table cloths).

When we got the quote, we saw that the unlimited wine package was $14/person. This was amazing to us --their wine is excellent, and other venues charged $25-$30/person for unlimited wine. Then, we saw the line item for linen rentals --so, napkins and table cloths -- and it was $15/person. $15 for a freakin napkin, and using 1/8th of a table cloth. We could have bought them for far less.

Other venues would charge ~$4/person for linen rentals. So, this winery we loved was technically a buck or two cheaper than the others when it came to the wine/linens, but on general principle, I could not bring myself to pay for that linen line item. I just refused to do it. It was exorbitant and ridiculous, and even though it's clear that the wine was heavily discounted, I just flat-out refused.

We found a place we liked better anyway, and it was wonderful, but the moral of the story is -- for some people, it's just the principle of the thing.
That sounds like "Penny wise and pound foolish". Always, it's the bottom line. In your case, does it really matter if the wine was cheap, but the linen very expensive or the wine was expensive and the linen was cheap or free? Only thing that matters is the bottom line. Use the venue that has the lowest price, no matter how they itemize the costs.

Sponsored

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Also, does a ford finance offer (eg. 0% over 60/72 ) count as financing through you for this deal, or would the Ford financing deal incur the $1000 increase?

OP
OP

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
Ford financing incentive for this month is 0% for 36, .9% for 48, 1.9% for 60, 3.9% for 72 plus $1000.

OP
OP

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
Is the financing via Ford with the zero percent for 72 months?
No, Ford does not have 0% for 72 this month, the incentives for this month are 0% for 36, .9% for 48, 1.9% for 60, 3.9% for 72 + $1000. You can finance with any of the 30 finance institutions that we work with.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
No, Ford does not have 0% for 72 this month, the incentives for this month are 0% for 36, .9% for 48, 1.9% for 60, 3.9% for 72 + $1000. You can finance with any of the 30 finance institutions that we work with.
Do you know why some folks on this forum have reported getting 0% for 72 months?

Sponsored

mikes

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 hondas
what email do you want me to send a build to for a price quote? also whats the closest airport to you? do you pick up from the airport?

Orange-F150

First Name
Werner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Btw, folks. I’ve been working with Dexter. Placed my order on 12/20. Can recommend them. Good to know they have airport transport options, I was not aware of that. Will definitely take them up on that.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.