First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
Mike... I will send you the website for the deposit, no need to come to the dealership unless you want to.
Sponsored

Mike&Max

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost Black Appearance
Occupation
DHS
Mike... I will send you the website for the deposit, no need to come to the dealership unless you want to.
10-4, still probably stop by after work today to meet you in person.

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Yep you are right, seems DOC fees very among dealers
Yup. Virginia is near TOP of the list in national DOC Fee average. At $599 state average. Koons is $899.

That's right, they charge 50% more than the average to do paperwork. These kinds of dealers throw in all sorts of fast words to try to explain the costs, but in the end, they believe their time is worth attorney fees rates to do paperwork on a sale.

In the end, if the task was truly as grueling as they claim then other states averages, and other dealers, wouldn't charge a mere $60 bucks.

Destination costs, I get - shipping is shipping. Doc fees? It's one of those line items that some dealers play with and mix it in at the bottom of a sales buyers order. The finance person tends to breeze right through it in the finance office.

Ask the finance person to explain what exactly $900 entails. They will get flustered and upset.... Because they are used to 95% of the buying public just being afraid if confrontation, or, the public is already confused, or, the public has spent so many wasted hours at a dealership they just want to get out of there. Who can blame them?

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

Mike&Max

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost Black Appearance
Occupation
DHS
899 Doc fee when I'm saving 10k on a truck when most dealers are saying them at MSRP or a little over that. I don't mind paying that 899.

Sponsored

bigalxc

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda crv
do you guys do drop ship out of state?

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Yup. Virginia is near TOP of the list in national DOC Fee average. At $599 state average. Koons is $899.

That's right, they charge 50% more than the average to do paperwork. These kinds of dealers throw in all sorts of fast words to try to explain the costs, but in the end, they believe their time is worth attorney fees rates to do paperwork on a sale.

In the end, if the task was truly as grueling as they claim then other states averages, and other dealers, wouldn't charge a mere $60 bucks.

Destination costs, I get - shipping is shipping. Doc fees? It's one of those line items that some dealers play with and mix it in at the bottom of a sales buyers order. The finance person tends to breeze right through it in the finance office.

Ask the finance person to explain what exactly $900 entails. They will get flustered and upset.... Because they are used to 95% of the buying public just being afraid if confrontation, or, the public is already confused, or, the public has spent so many wasted hours at a dealership they just want to get out of there. Who can blame them?

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html
Wow, you sir should write a book on dealership fees across America!

You know the only number i care about, it’s called the OTD (out the door) price. I could care less if one dealership charges $3000$ in fees and another charges $30, all that matters is how much i’m paying out the door with all those fees included. The lowest OTD price dealership is the winner.

And right now Koons is that OTD price winner.

Now if you’re closer to one of the other under invoice dealers then your overall travel and commute costs should be factored into OTD pricing, they might be a better deal for you overall.

But, as they say in boxing, pound for pound, Koons takes the crown at best OTD pricing right now.

Duckfan67

First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Retired Military working for Dept. Of Energy
Good morning forum, we're all humans. I make mistakes myself on a daily, lol. If I wrote a misleading statement, I expect to be called out. With that being said, as a lot of you already know, I'm here for all of you to help and facilitate a better than fair deal to anyone that is interested on the Ford model line of vehicles.
@Dexter - whats a good contact email to see about getting a build quote?

Sponsored

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
@Dexter - whats a good contact email to see about getting a build quote?
Page 3:

Mitch22...thank you, go to Ford.com and build your truck then email me([email protected]) the build and I will send you the invoice with the numbers after the 5% discount.
Duckfan67 ,

Note that adaptive steering doesn't show on the ford site for us but is an option Dexter can see when he quotes a 2022. If that was something you wanted.

taperk600

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 X-cab 8ft 2wd work truck, 2019 F150 Platinum Screw 6.5ft 4x4
I just read through all these pages and have a question I didn't see anyone ask.......... How does doing a lease effect this program ??

OP
OP

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum arena, however not new to the car business or to Ford. I have 35 years in the auto industry. I started my career with Ford Motor Company in the Parts and service division. I left Ford and moved over to the retail side of the business. Since that time I have held positions as General Manager, General Sales Manager, New Car Manager, Used Car Manager, Parts and Service Director, Parts Manager, Service Manager, Controller and Commercial Sales Manager.

Currently Koons Woodbridge Ford is looking to generate more Factory orders. I want to help. We’re encouraging potential customers to order by offering discounts of up to 5% on select vehicles. These discounts are on Factory Ordered vehicles only. In stock units are priced online on our website https://www.koonswoodbridgeford.com

The online prices include the rebates that are offered on the vehicle and may include Ford Credit incentives or trade assistance. All prices are before taxes tags and our $899 processing fee. We do not ship vehicles and do not entertain courtesy deliveries.

We can pick you up at the areas airports and train stations. I look forward to working with each and every one of you as we work towards one mission, making Koons Woodbridge Ford one of the largest selling Ford dealers in the country.

Sincerely,

Hal Farrington
Commercial Sales Manager
Koons Woodbridge Ford
[email protected]
Office Phone – 703-986-5515
Cell Phone - 703-401-2581

Status
Not open for further replies.