First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
Mine has worked perfectly. No issues at all.
Sponsored

Valleyrider

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My shifter doesn’t fold down smoothly it kind of steps it’s way down so I took it in to have it looked at. The dealer is ordering a new motor for my shifter but of course like everything else it is on back order right now. I can still use the fold down it just isn’t smooth like it should be.

OP
OP
jrmac51

jrmac51

First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield
Just curious Chris- What year and model is your Ford?

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
Mine worked the one time I tried it out. Put a dial in its place like Ram and Mustang and it becomes a non-issue.

Sponsored

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
I use my fold-down shifter on a weekly basis for the past 58 weeks with no problems at all. Sometimes I use it 3-5 times a week. I wish you could put it down while in drive, for long trips.

Reactions: GDN

saluki1969

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Mustang GT500, 2021 F150 SC PB Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
That is great to know- I am going to buy a 2022 F150 Lariat with work station and saw the video you referred to. Made me nervous. So needed some feedback from other members in the forum.
Thanks
I have a 2021 PB Lariat with the workstation and folding shift lever. I received the truck on July 3rd, 2021 and to date have had NO issues with the folding shifter. In fact, I have no issues whatsoever with this truck

OP
OP
jrmac51

jrmac51

First Name
JIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Oilfield
Thanks- I prefer hearing good reviews- spending $65-70k on a truck is a big deal to me.

Atlee

First Name
Erroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Power Boost, XLT 302A, 4x4, SCrew, 6.5' bed
Occupation
retired
Mine worked the one time I tried it out. Put a dial in its place like Ram and Mustang and it becomes a non-issue.
How did you replace a dial for the shifter?

nsbreeding

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat 2021
I have not had any issues with my fold down shifter but don't fold it that much as I don't have the work surface I wish I did
I thought I saw someone on this forum added a work surface after the fact, themselves (I could just be dreaming though, it is Monday)

Sponsored

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
You have to be very patient with it. If I shift mine from drive to reverse the shifter “helps”me move it into park randomly even though I didn’t want to. It will also go all the way to store. I do not like all the built in safety features. Truck automatically goes into park if the door handle is open.

KevinTriplett

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Engineer Ret.
Only thing I've noticed is that sometimes the shifter doesn't want to shift out of Park after starting and I have to wait a second for all the systems to boot up and release the shift "lock". If someone isn't patient and forces it, some damage might result.

Otherwise, I've used the fold-away function a number of times and no problem.

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Thanks- I prefer hearing good reviews- spending $65-70k on a truck is a big deal to me.
Jim,
First off ... BOOMER!

What Ford is asking for these trucks today is ridiculous. $65 - $70K is alot for a truck. We purchased a 22 King Ranch 2 months ago and I really wish I would have waited a year or more. While my shifter retracts fine, there are other issues that cause concern. While it might be off topic, I hear your apprehension and wanted to give a quick response.

On the roof, driver's side, where the door side meets the roof, has gapped and is rusting. It's the channel running front to back on the roof. Built in Dearborn on 12/2/21, delivered to and purchased in Texas.

The second issue is with the battery. We did not drive it a few days and we got a notification from FordPass that our electronics would be put to sleep ... or something like that. My daughter found some information about dealers replacing bad batteries.

The third thing is the Saved Seat Settings. As I understand it, you register your remote with the Sync 4 touch screen. When you use your fob to unlock the truck, it is supposed to return the seat and steering wheel to your settings. It has been real hit or miss (mostly miss) with this.

Lastly, I found a Red spot in my White paint. Not a huge deal, but that just contributes to my uneasy feeling about the build quality of these trucks now. As I was waxing this weekend, I noticed fitment issues. The hood is lower on one side than the other, and the driver's door sticks out a little bit at the top, back edge.

And then when I saw videos of what features had been dropped between the 21 and 22 models, I lost confidence. If your 21 was built in the first half of the year and you had a tow package, you got a "yaw sensor" to hook up to your trailer. It determines the length of your trailer and adjust blind spots monitoring, as well as tracks the trailer when you use Pro Trailer Assist. If your 21 was built in the second half, you did not get this. When I got my 22 home I couldn't find it. The dealer was gracious to supply, but that stupid thing is $750 now! My truck should have LED lighting on the license plate, in the glove box, in the phone compartment and around the cup holders. The phone holder in the phone compartment (a $0.50 piece of plastic) is not included any more. Dealer has them for $241.

All this to say, there are ALOT of problems with suppliers, manufacturing and production. I'm not confident Ford (or any other manufacture) can keep up with replacement parts if they are needed. I really wonder if when I go to sell this truck if it will be one of those year models that Consumer Reports says to avoid.

Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored