F150 delivered to customer with missing chips, supposedly

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Did anyone else happen to read this article?

I never heard of O’Leary before but i assume he is some bid deal investor. But what caught my eye was this line "It got delivered missing chips. As far as I was concerned it was uninsurable," he said.

I wonder what that means. We all know about the chip shortage, but i’ve not heard of anyone actually getting their trucks delivered with the missing chips in it. I almost don’t seem to believe his statement.

Did this happen to anyone else that you know of?

The rest of the story is him being able to talk to Ford CeO right away, all that millionaire privilege bragging rights i don’t really care about…

https://www.benzinga.com/trading-id...ter-taking-delivery-of-f-150-will-he-buy-more
Sponsored

Northern Goat

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Audi Etron. 2020 Explorer ST
The rest of the story is him being able to talk to Ford CeO right away, all that millionaire privilege bragging rights i don’t really care about…
LOL, but you have to respect a guy who went from nothing to $400M Net Worth through hard work and smarts.

OP
OP

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
LOL, but you have to respect a guy who went from nothing to $400M Net Worth through hard work and smarts.

Don't know anything about him. Googled, looks like a tv personality of sorts. My question is really about the missing chips in his delivered vehicle. Has that happened to anyone other than this high profile guy?

DcnPat

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
IT
"Missing chips" - I bet it just had the deletions listed on the sticker and he wasn't happy about it (like the rest of us) but he has the $$$ to get things done.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
"Missing chips" - I bet it just had the deletions listed on the sticker and he wasn't happy about it (like the rest of us) but he has the $$$ to get things done.
Old thread, but my thoughts exactly.

It is funny to me that OP doesn’t know who Kevin O’Leary is, but maybe it’s just because I’m a shark tank fan and have been since like season 2
Sponsored