First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 L
Occupation
Trucks
Does anyone have the light chart bulb for the 2021 + F150's ? Looking to start switching everything to Led.
Thanks
Sponsored

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
check out F150leds.com

skierd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XL
Please don’t switch your headlights, high beams, and fog lights to LED bulbs if you have a halogen truck.

High beams are an easy upgrade from 9005 bulbs to 9011 HIR bulbs. 9011 bulbs have roughly 2x the output of 9005 and are basically the same wattage/heat output

Lows are h11 bulbs. The easiest performance upgrade are the GE Nighthawk Platinum h11’s ($25 on Amazon) but with a little trimming to the bulb H9’s (Phillips standard h9, $8-10 each usually on Amazon) will fit.
Testing from TacomaWorld forum, the 3rd gen Tacoma used a H11 low beam too and both these options have 2x the output of stock type long life bulbs.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/3rd-gen-hid-vs-led-vs-halogen-h11-projector-headlights.589465/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/

DavidJason532

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World

AntyRun

First Name
Anty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford F150
I got the bulb chart from F150leds.com

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
Please don’t switch your headlights, high beams, and fog lights to LED bulbs if you have a halogen truck.

High beams are an easy upgrade from 9005 bulbs to 9011 HIR bulbs. 9011 bulbs have roughly 2x the output of 9005 and are basically the same wattage/heat output

Lows are h11 bulbs. The easiest performance upgrade are the GE Nighthawk Platinum h11’s ($25 on Amazon) but with a little trimming to the bulb H9’s (Phillips standard h9, $8-10 each usually on Amazon) will fit.
Testing from TacomaWorld forum, the 3rd gen Tacoma used a H11 low beam too and both these options have 2x the output of stock type long life bulbs.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/3rd-gen-hid-vs-led-vs-halogen-h11-projector-headlights.589465/

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/why-leds-should-not-be-run-in-halogen-reflectors.454371/
Is there a specific reason not to switch to LED from halogen? I know the cheap LEDs from Amazon do not exactly line up directly and scatter more light, but if do the research and spend a little more money, there’s some really good LEDs with tight beam patterns that won‘t blind oncoming traffic. I also know for fog lights, it’s better to stick with halogen since they only emit a single spectrum light which is better for cutting through foggy conditions.

Sponsored

skierd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XL
Is there a specific reason not to switch to LED from halogen? I know the cheap LEDs from Amazon do not exactly line up directly and scatter more light, but if do the research and spend a little more money, there’s some really good LEDs with tight beam patterns that won‘t blind oncoming traffic. I also know for fog lights, it’s better to stick with halogen since they only emit a single spectrum light which is better for cutting through foggy conditions.
yes there is a reason, read the links I posted. drop in LED’s do not accurately simulate the size and shape of halogen bulb filaments. This leads to poor focus and poor performance for LED’s in halogen housings. The best performing LED like the Morimoto 2 strokes at $200 barely beat stock long life bulbs and are easily outperformed by a $15pair of H9 bulbs or $25 pair of performance h11 bulbs.

Yason84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XLT, 2012 Buick Verano
yes there is a reason, read the links I posted. drop in LED’s do not accurately simulate the size and shape of halogen bulb filaments. This leads to poor focus and poor performance for LED’s in halogen housings. The best performing LED like the Morimoto 2 strokes at $200 barely beat stock long life bulbs and are easily outperformed by a $15pair of H9 bulbs or $25 pair of performance h11 bulbs.
Well LEDs in a projector is a given, they’re not effective, even from the factory. But the whole article with the reflector assembly is quite subjective, comparing a cheap Chinese LED with a German high wattage halogen that requires a whole new wiring harness upgrade, potential melting of the housings, not to mention there’s not many size choices available. All I saw was H4s. As far as typical store bought performance halogens, I ran the Silverstar Ultras H13s in my 2012 F150 for almost a year when I decided to plug in some Supernova V.4s, and it was a night and day difference and I’m talking about seeing out ahead, not just foreground lighting. The article did mention that an LED’s claimed lumen out is more like half of what it advertises but the author didn’t exactly prove, so that is open for suggestion. Not many people are going to rewire their headlights for a double wattage halogen.

ErikJony

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 Ford F-150
Most people upgrade their headlights to LEDs just want the lights to be brighter

AUXITO Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auxito.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Senior Manager Of The Official AUXITO Brand Website