First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
My office parking lot has a new Tundra iForce Max Platinum 4x4 in white. First thought was how narrow the bed looks. 6.5 inches more narrow than my PB according to google. The grill looks like it ate Tokyo and the oem tires are 265/60r20 while mine are 275. Suspension looks like it might be more off road than load haul designed. Nice truck, but not enough to swap lol
Sponsored

JExpedition07

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 STX 5.0L V8
They are slow too, their hybrid posts slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile times than all the 5.0, regular 3.5 EB, and PowerBoost Fords in SCREW configuration. That 3.5 IForce also underperforms on the dyno and it appears the power numbers are inflated. Fords engines are typically underrated by contrast. For example, the 5.0 V8 puts more torque down to the wheel on a dyno than the iForce 3.5 does on 93 octane. Typical E-85 reading for torque at the wheels on a 5.0 is 400-415 lb ft, typical tundra wheel torque reading is 375-380 lb ft, yet they claim 479 lb ft at the crank. Considering how bad the 3.5 iForce was spanked by the 6.2 GM and 5.0 Ford in a few races I’ve seen, that motor is a dud. The 3.5 EcoBoost plain destroyed it in the run I saw. Then again, the EcoBoost isn’t using made up numbers from fairytale land like Toyota seems to be doing.

They also have a bad rap of blowing up all ready stock, so tuning is not a good idea as the main bearings are all ready being run the the cusp of their power holding capabilities. Just not a good package imo.

Last edited:

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Weird how in the States you can get option packages on trims. Like an SR5 you can add tow mirrors or a tech pkg to get the 14" screen. Not so in Canada. Each trim only comes one way. One of the reason I canceled my deal and went with the Ford.
Payload and only being able to get a 3:31 axle ration didn't help either. Plus the bs required subscription that would be required to use the remote start.... ON MY KEY FOB! Not even talking about the app to use remote start. It was going to be an extra fee to use the key fob remote start after the trial expired. BS!

Calson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
I looked at the Tundra and bought a F-150 in 2022 instead. The Tundra does not provide a locking rear differential or a larger gas tank and the tailgate is terrible for access to the bed. With Toyota all you get is anti-spin where the brakes are applied to faster spinning wheel which is better than nothing but nowhere near as effective as a limited slip differential and neither compare favorably to a true locking differential.

I have had pickups where I could add a small step at the rear corner and get up and back down from the bed but the bodywork gets in the way on the new Tundra. The Ford and Ram options for the rear tailgate are excellent, even if the Ram one costs $2,000 with the packages required.

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
The King Ranch wannabe turned my head once I’ll admit. 1794 or some year something happened near San Antonio.

I really think you bumped this for a little nostalgia.

Dec 3, 2023
Enrique Fantastico
Banned · From Colorado
  • Threads 0
  • Messages 0
  • Reaction score 0

Ford F-150 F-150 vs. new Tundra 1711665935210-p4
Sponsored