F-150 vs. 2022 Chevrolet Silverado

Cb Mw

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bike
All the guys on here raving about the aluminum body clearly don't work in the body shop industry. Without going into detail let's just say i'd hardly call it a plus lol
Have you seen any examples of corrosion on 15+ f150?
Sponsored

eharri3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
#20Fordf150
Occupation
Business
I drove a 5.3 Silverado as a rental in 2020 and the ride and shift quality didn't feel much better than my 13 year old Tundra. It was the 8'speed. My Tundra's 6 speed had better Shift quality at 113k. The wife selected it knowing the Chevy was on my list and we both ended up disappointed in the general ride quality. I never got around to trying the updated transmission and interior otherwise I might have considered a 6.2 truck as I always was a fan of that motor. But they didn't get the new interior out until my F series was in the
Driveway.

Finding My powerboost in the right color with 98% of what I wanded on a lot during the peak of the vehicle shortage and then spotting the 5 outlets in the bed on top of all that pretty much was Game Over.

Last edited:

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
The biggest issue with the GM twins is their insistence on the tall hood design. Forward visibility suffers so much for that aesthetic. I had a diesel Canyon in between F150s and even on that smaller truck the hood jutted straight out making parking or any tight maneuvering a pain.

WhiteLightningnshitshadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150 4.6 SCAB 6.5 and 2022 2.7 SCREW 5.5
Occupation
Lead Engineer
Have you seen any examples of corrosion on 15+ f150?
Yeah it's actually a huge problem. Aluminum does corrode and it can be worse than steel. Most of the real F150 corrosion issues are with the steel frame. It's happening so fast, MANY aren't even being delivered before rusting pretty badly. It has to be a new frame paint or something being used. Mine had light rust I took care of with fluidfilm.

When aluminum corrodes, it flakes and creates paint bubbles. My 2014 mustang rarely saw rain and NEVER saw snow. It has the exact same hood corrosion every other S197 has.

Back to the forum topic, the 22 Silverado is one of the ugliest vehicles ever created and thank God Toyota decided to swoop in and provide a new last place winner rather quickly. The interior isn't great either. Even if the F150s interior is just as crappy, at least its very well laid out and visually pleasing.
Sponsored