F-150 Tremor - Front Bumper w/ Sensors

CMC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor 402A (ordered)
Hi all. New to the forum. Wanted to ask if anybody knows whether the front bumper on the Tremor can remain body colored if you add front sensors? When using the build & price tool, the front bumper always changes to chrome when adding Co-pilot 360 ACTIVE prep to the 402A package. I've seen pre-production Tremors that do have body-colored front bumpers with the front sensors though. I've asked my dealer and he doesn't know either. I really want front sensors, however, do not want chrome front bumper on the Tremor.
Sponsored

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Hi all. New to the forum. Wanted to ask if anybody knows whether the front bumper on the Tremor can remain body colored if you add front sensors? When using the build & price tool, the front bumper always changes to chrome when adding Co-pilot 360 ACTIVE prep to the 402A package. I've seen pre-production Tremors that do have body-colored front bumpers with the front sensors though. I've asked my dealer and he doesn't know either. I really want front sensors, however, do not want chrome front bumper on the Tremor.
I had this same question. My dealer didnt know so I used the chat option available on the B&P site and the ford rep told me it does change the bumper to chrome. I dont know how much info those chat reps really have or if they are just going off of the photos as well but he seemed pretty sure the active prep makes it chrome so I ended up removing it from mine.

Reactions: CMC

Timsvtgen1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Bronco Spt BL , '21 Tremor Ordered
It more than likely is a glitch in the B&P.

OP
OP
CMC

CMC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had this same question. My dealer didnt know so I used the chat option available on the B&P site and the ford rep told me it does change the bumper to chrome. I dont know how much info those chat reps really have or if they are just going off of the photos as well but he seemed pretty sure the active prep makes it chrome so I ended up removing it from mine.
OK, thanks for your reply. As much as I'd like to have the front sensors, I don't want to risk possibly adding the chrome bumper change on my build based on an unknown. I've removed the ACTIVE prep from my build as well.

88Baron**

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150, 2021 Palisade
Occupation
Automotive Product Planning and Project Management
it does the same thing on other grades. I was constantly building different configurations before I ordered my PB Lariat 502A and when they loaded the Job2 content into B&P (which included the Tremor and Raptor), the glitch with the chrome on trims with body color bumpers showed up. I'm pretty sure the bumper is still body color

Sponsored

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
OK, thanks for your reply. As much as I'd like to have the front sensors, I don't want to risk possibly adding the chrome bumper change on my build based on an unknown. I've removed the ACTIVE prep from my build as well.
I'm the same way. I did want to have it on there but not at the expense of chrome bumper. And ive seen photos as well that have those sensors with a body color bumper but the ford chat person telling me it does have chrome gave me enough doubt to make me change my order haha. You'd think there would be some way to confirm it 100% but im not sure who to contact.

BlackMesa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pickup
The hero card calls out body colored front and rear bumpers as standard. I'd be surprised if the active prep package forced a downgrade to chrome. I think it's more likely a glitch in B&P.

OP
OP
CMC

CMC

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The hero card calls out body colored front and rear bumpers as standard. I'd be surprised if the active prep package forced a downgrade to chrome. I think it's more likely a glitch in B&P.
Forgive me...but what is the hero card? I'm still new to the forum.

Based on all the replies, I do tend to agree that it's likely a glitch but I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to risk it.

Downdogg02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Lexus GX470, Ford F150 Tremor
Forgive me...but what is the hero card? I'm still new to the forum.

Based on all the replies, I do tend to agree that it's likely a glitch but I'm still on the fence whether or not I want to risk it.
Hero Card is basically the Marketing "One-Pager" that lists all the specs and options for the truck.

Sponsored

Golf17

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremmaaahhh
Occupation
Pilot
It’s a glitch. Like someone else mentioned, if you go build A lariat sport and add the active prep package, same thing happens. But there aren’t any lariat sports with a chrome bumper and the front sensors out in the wild.

brijen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Raptor - Ordered
Reassuring. Sounds like a pretty safe bet to add it back then!

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
I don't think you can even get a tremor with chrome on the f150 so looks like a glitch to me
Sponsored