F-150 Stock Bedliner quality?

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Does anyone know the quality of the stock 2021 bed liners? I went ahead and ordered mine with the Ford bed liner but was curious if the quality is similar to a LineX or something similar. I see some of the LineX spray liners have a lifetime warranty against fading. Wondering if I should have gone aftermarket.
Sponsored

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Does anyone know the quality of the stock 2021 bed liners? I went ahead and ordered mine with the Ford bed liner but was curious if the quality is similar to a LineX or something similar. I see some of the LineX spray liners have a lifetime warranty against fading. Wondering if I should have gone aftermarket.
I would call my dealer asap and cancel that if its a spray in... 4 week delay at factory?

Sponsored

Bocephus

First Name
Bocephus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A 3.3L
Occupation
Entertainer
I heard Line-X is backordered on spray liner chemicals. Can anybody comment on that?

KSB7503

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Raptor 2019 Acura RDX
Occupation
Self Employed
I would call my dealer asap and cancel that if its a spray in... 4 week delay at factory?
I seriously doubt it will be a 4 week delay !

WoodstockC

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX and GMC Yukon
I'm having the Ford spray in liner done. The dealer told me it will not delay my truck which is due at the dealership on 6/22.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I suggest checking out "Line x vs manufacture bed liner" on youtube. There are several videos that show the differences. Based on those and other reading, I chose to have the Line x done rather than the factory bed liner. I'm very glad that I did as I'm very happy with the "premium" line x product. It's a little bit more expensive than a factory liner but is thicker and has the lifetime warranty.

I had the line x put in three weeks ago and I did find that one of the local dealers was limiting the number of appointments per week due to material shortages. The other one had no problems. Both were scheduling appointments about a week out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm having the Ford spray in liner done. The dealer told me it will not delay my truck which is due at the dealership on 6/22.
Thanks guys. Just curious.. When did you order your truck?

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
I'm having my dealer get mine sprayed with Line-X for me. They're giving it to me at their cost, which saves me about $150 from the independent quote I got from our local installer. They wanted $749 for the Line-X Premium with UV protectant for the 5.5' bed. Dealer price is $604.

How much is the factory option from Ford?

BMWtoF150

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 3.5 Eco
Occupation
Retired, Part Time Consultant
I'm having my dealer get mine sprayed with Line-X for me. They're giving it to me at their cost, which saves me about $150 from the independent quote I got from our local installer. They wanted $749 for the Line-X Premium with UV protectant for the 5.5' bed. Dealer price is $604.

How much is the factory option from Ford?
My dealer threw in a Line-X as part of the deal. When I was getting close to a number I wanted, I threw out "but I have to pay for Line-X", and they said they would cover it. The sent it to a local Line-X shop. The shop did a great job.

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
My dealer threw in a Line-X as part of the deal. When I was getting close to a number I wanted, I threw out "but I have to pay for Line-X", and they said they would cover it. The sent it to a local Line-X shop. The shop did a great job.
Normally I would do that, but I already settled on a great number beforehand. That's how I always got roof racks with all of my VWs. A neighbor of mine is the GSM so he takes care of the neighbors. I wasn't going to fight him over a bed liner I had planned to pay for out of pocket anyhow. I'm just happy he can give it to me at cost. That way if my wife asks any questions I can just say "it came like that from the dealer." :LOL:

OP
OP
Lpetters84

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I heard Line-X is backordered on spray liner chemicals. Can anybody comment on that?
You are correct. I called and they said there is a 3-4 week lead time.
Sponsored