First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
Granger isn’t getting a $140 credit, they are getting the $128 credit. Granger adds up everything in the invoice column, subtracts 3%, and that is your price. If you went to another dealership and paid MSRP, I’m sure they would be happy to give you the full $140 credit. The only injustice here is that Ford suggests a deleted heated steering wheel is only worth a $140 credit.
Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
The only injustice here is that Ford suggests a deleted heated steering wheel is only worth a $140 credit.
Exactly, which is why I refused to buy a Plat with no multi-contour seats with a $300 credit. Its an insult. I guess my point was credits to the consumer should not be discounted unless I am missing something?

cpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Supercrew 157" V8
Exactly, which is why I refused to buy a Plat with no multi-contour seats with a $300 credit. Its an insult. I guess my point was credits to the consumer should not be discounted unless I am missing something?
If Ford is taking $128 off the price Granger pays Ford, it doesn't make sense for Granger to $140 off the price for you. Granger is already giving you a better deal than you are likely to get locally.

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
If Ford is taking $128 off the price Granger pays Ford, it doesn't make sense for Granger to $140 off the price for you. Granger is already giving you a better deal than you are likely to get locally.
So I guess Im reading it wrong....
Ford MSRP reimbursement for something you are not getting is $140.
Granger is changing the reimbursement of something you are not getting to $128.
Am I reading this wrong? I understand that Granger is also showing big cuts and discounts on other items, but the reimbursement (credits) is what caught my eye....
/shrug

cpw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Supercrew 157" V8
So I guess Im reading it wrong....
Ford MSRP reimbursement for something you are not getting is $140.
Granger is changing the reimbursement of something you are not getting to $128.
Am I reading this wrong? I understand that Granger is also showing big cuts and discounts on other items, but the reimbursement (credits) is what caught my eye....
/shrug
Using really round numbers: if the truck cost $60000 MSRP; it is now $59,860 MSRP. If the invoice was $55,000; the invoice is now $54,872. Granger bases their price off the invoice, not the MSRP.

For the camera package my local dealer charged me $765 MSRP. I get a credit of $175 for the stop light camera removal; so the net price is $590 on that package [if they don't pass along the removal discounts when it comes time to pick up my truck, I will just walk away and order from another dealer].

If I ordered from Granger, the invoice rice on the package is $696 invoice -3% is $675. I don't know what the removal invoice credit for CHMSL removal is, but my guess is $160 or so. The net price of the package is going to be $696-160 = $536 - 3% gets to $519. If they gave you the $175 MSRP credit the package costs you less than they pay for it.
Sponsored