First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Almost every time i start the truck up the main big screen will say "F-150 Saved"

Any ideas?

2022 PowerBoost
Sponsored

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my 1st thought was it talked to jesus.
maybe it updated.
my ..MY VIEW screen changes after an update or so i think,, it could be it just likes changing for no reason. i find this 22 to be quirking as heck in the sync and ota updates

Ford F-150 "F-150 Saved" expe

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
I get this as well, periodically like once a week. Following this if anyone has any ideas !

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Are we discussing the Sync4 screen or the Instrument Cluster screen?

Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sync 4 for me.. assuming that’s what the others are as well
Thanks. I asked because both the instrument cluster and the Sync screen have features that the occupant can make settings changes that then can be "saved".

What I'm trying to narrow down is which group of possible features might be potentially in play regarding the OP.

I suspect the word "F-150" is a default name given to whatever profile or option is being saved. For example, in a Raptor you can choose which driver mode you want, then which exhaust sound you want, and finally which suspension setting you want,...... all combined making up a profile that you can save. Each time you start the truck you can choose that profile and avoid having to make all the individual choices again. That profile will be called something, although I don't know if you get to name it.

F-150 Saved immediately makes me think some save-able profile for some configuration is being confirmed on the screen.

I'm not having the peculiar issue myself, but I am very curious and find it tempting to look into. (there's something wrong with Me)

If I find anything out, I'll post back

By the way, can you folks with the prompt verify if your truck might have a trailer profile configured in your truck by chance?

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
No problem! I do not have a trailer configured . I assumed it was some sort of profile set up as well but I’ve never really set one up to my knowledge, however I have noticed that at times certain features have randomly turned off on their own and I feel like it’s related. Almost like sync has reset. I have always had the prompt to ask if you want the interior sensors on or off when you shut truck off … now and then it just stops asking and I look in the menu and it’s somehow been toggled off. It’s only me who drives the truck so I know I didn’t switch them off… once in awhile also all of the “my view” options in the cluster that I set myself disappeared and I had to do them all again. This hasn’t happened for awhile… knock on wood but it’s like the cpu got reset somehow. I didn’t notice any other major changes that happened though .
I have a 22 lariat powerboost btw

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Thanks. I asked because both the instrument cluster and the Sync screen have features that the occupant can make settings changes that then can be "saved".

What I'm trying to narrow down is which group of possible features might be potentially in play regarding the OP.

I suspect the word "F-150" is a default name given to whatever profile or option is being saved. For example, in a Raptor you can choose which driver mode you want, then which exhaust sound you want, and finally which suspension setting you want,...... all combined making up a profile that you can save. Each time you start the truck you can choose that profile and avoid having to make all the individual choices again. That profile will be called something, although I don't know if you get to name it.

F-150 Saved immediately makes me think some save-able profile for some configuration is being confirmed on the screen.

I'm not having the peculiar issue myself, but I am very curious and find it tempting to look into. (there's something wrong with Me)

By the way, can you folks with the prompt verify if your truck might have a trailer profile configured in your truck by chance?
^^ forgot to hit reply to you sorry

OP
OP

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
No problem! I do not have a trailer configured . I assumed it was some sort of profile set up as well but I’ve never really set one up to my knowledge, however I have noticed that at times certain features have randomly turned off on their own and I feel like it’s related. Almost like sync has reset. I have always had the prompt to ask if you want the interior sensors on or off when you shut truck off … now and then it just stops asking and I look in the menu and it’s somehow been toggled off. It’s only me who drives the truck so I know I didn’t switch them off… once in awhile also all of the “my view” options in the cluster that I set myself disappeared and I had to do them all again. This hasn’t happened for awhile… knock on wood but it’s like the cpu got reset somehow. I didn’t notice any other major changes that happened though .
I have a 22 lariat powerboost btw

What's this about interior sensors? I've never heard about that?

Sponsored

OP
OP

scott011422

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

I do have a trailer configured, buts its not called F150. I'll have to try to get a video of it, now watch, it wont happen. 😁

As far as my key profiles, They are all named people.

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
What's this about interior sensors? I've never heard about that?
For the alarm system. It has the interior sensors if it detects movement or something in the truck when it’s locked it will set the alarm off. You can either have it set to on/off or ask on exit . I always have mine to ask on exit because I have the dog in the truck at times and he’ll set it off

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
^^ forgot to hit reply to you sorry
No worries. :)

One possibility of strange things like settings changing that you know that you didn't change... That can happen if your truck receives an OTA update. Some updates will edit the AsBuilt values in a module and if you were unaware of the update you might think someone has been in your truck. Lol

A couple of the symptoms you described, like losing your myview settings in the IPC and Sync acting like it randomly rebooted are both descriptions of specific versions of those two modules (IPC/IPMA) on 2021 trucks and both are remedied, for the most part, with the latest updates for those modules.

It's quite possible that the F-150 Saved might go away with an APIM update as well and we never be able to discover or reproduce the phenomenon. Lol

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
A couple of months ago my truck began installing a Power-Up update every week or so - and I saw this several times.

About 3 weeks ago it got fully up to date (2.8.3) and I have not seen this since.

antho

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 801A Raptor
I cant remember exactly but its either the hotspot or bluetooth profile...I think!
Sponsored