Not open for further replies.

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
There’s a lot of quality guesses in here.

Just know $150 refundable reservations open tomorrow at 8pm and totally won’t try and fill a sales gap for Q1 financial reports.
Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0
Occupation
Making lego parts for new vehicles
We doing a betting pool on specs? I bet it'll be better-than-Tremor-but-still-not-quite-a-Raptor since there's no room to slot it in between FX4s and Tremors.

34" Tires, locking front and rear diff, Fox shocks, even more fake vents, gaudy bedside decals and 6-8" of rake.
6-8" of rake? That's clearly not enough, I want a 2wd front shock with the Raptor rear, you know reverse Carolina lean. LOL But on a serious note a Hi-Po street version that doesn't go through Shelby or Roush, AKA a "Lightning" that ain't a go cart would be nice. But then it won't be delivered till sometime in 2025.

parkerdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 f150 UNICORN (rcsb XLT co-pilot 360 assist 2.0)
Occupation
Keeper of the DOG and running with scissors.
I'm guessing stripped down (light weight) street truck like the 2nd generation lightning. 2wd supercharged 5.0.. Rattler---snake, cobra etc.. like someone else said.

Of course Jim didn't call me for my opinion on this one again so who knows??

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Found this on Yahoo from AutoWeek but apparently AW jumped the gun because it took me a while to find any mention but when I did, It gave me a message saying: Uh Oh Took The Turn Too Fast :unsure:

The Ford F-150 Rattler Slithers Off-Road

Wesley Wren
Mon, March 28, 2022, 3:28 PM·2 min read

Ford F-150 F-150 Rattler reveal coming tomorrow says Farley! {filename}

Photo credit: Ford
  • The Ford F-150 Rattler opens the door for an entry-level off-roading pickup.
  • The truck is a base-model XL pickup that features FX4 hardware such as skid plates and off-road suspension.
  • Ford F-150 Rattler's appearance package comes with 18-inch alloy wheels, fender vents and dual exhaust.
The Ford F-150 Raptor is possibly one of Ford’s smartest moves: take the perpetually popular F-Series pickup and equip it to handle the desert. This helped put the limelight on the rest of Ford’s off-road options for the F-150, which were kind of limited.
Ford has fleshed out its F-150 off-road packages such as the Tremor, but it's been hard to find these off-road chops in entry-level pickups. Enter Ford’s F-150 Rattler, which adds a dash of rugged styling and some real off-road hardware.
Ford says this new Rattler package is derived from the base-model F-150 XL. The package borrows some of the hardware from the F-150 FX4 package such as skid plates, off-road suspension, and an electronic rear-locking differential. The Rattler also comes with hill descent control, which helps coming down without having to manually manage your speed.
As for off-road styling, Ford’s Rattler has some of that, too. Ford designers slapped on a pair of fender vents and a special Rattler graphics package and included painted 18-inch alloy wheels. A dual exhaust system helps round out the factory-installed add-ons.
Ford doesn’t mention the price, but the package will go on sale this fall for the 2023 model year. Considering the ultimate objective is to expand the F-150 lineup with an entry-level off-roader (and the F-150 XL FX4 starting around $40,000), we’re expecting the Rattler to not stray too far from that price.
This will likely undercut sales of the more capable Ford F-150 Tremor significantly, but the Rattler won't offer the same capabilities.

Fredm2002

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Platinum Antimatter Blue; 2018 Edge 1984 V-65
Occupation
Education
Just another truck that they can't build, or have parts for warranty work or dealers that have trained techs to fix. Just a guess..... (y):ROFLMAO::eek::cool:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.