Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Ford will halt production at U.S. truck plant for week over chip shortage
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ant-for-week-over-chip-shortage-idUSKBN2FJ26L

August 18, 2021

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said Wednesday it will temporarily shutter its Kansas City assembly plant that builds its best-selling F-150 pickup truck due to a semiconductor-related part shortage as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia.

The one-week shutdown will begin Aug. 23, the second largest U.S. automaker said, adding it will also cut a shift on Saturday. The global auto industry has been hit hard by chip shortages that have caused significant production cuts.
Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ford will halt production at U.S. truck plant for week over chip shortage
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ant-for-week-over-chip-shortage-idUSKBN2FJ26L

August 18, 2021

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co said Wednesday it will temporarily shutter its Kansas City assembly plant that builds its best-selling F-150 pickup truck due to a semiconductor-related part shortage as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic in Malaysia.

The one-week shutdown will begin Aug. 23, the second largest U.S. automaker said, adding it will also cut a shift on Saturday. The global auto industry has been hit hard by chip shortages that have caused significant production cuts.

Man…. Seemed like they were doing pretty good for a couple months. Until now…

ptr0687

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
I know industry won't do a damn thing but it would be nice to start producing stuff locally again. Imagine the amount of jobs it would create if we brought back manufacturing to the US

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I know industry won't do a damn thing but it would be nice to start producing stuff locally again. Imagine the amount of jobs it would create if we brought back manufacturing to the US
Actually, this is driving exactly that. There is a big push to build several new computer chip FABs in the US. Specifically in Arizona.

Sponsored

trapperman

First Name
Theron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 f150
Occupation
retired ford millwright
I ordered in feb of 21 and just got window sticker showing a 8/20/21 build ,
so close to being built.

BlackKnight21

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L V8
Occupation
Correction Officer I
Only problem is nobody wants to work. It’s a woke culture now… ?

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Hmmmm…. Have you noticed the amount of “Help Wanted” signs lately???? We gotta fix what’s going on in Washington DC first. Three Ford Dealerships in my area claim to be way short on staff, seems like this generation doesn’t want work anymore.

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
Hmmmm…. Have you noticed the amount of “Help Wanted” signs lately???? We gotta fix what’s going on in Washington DC first. Three Ford Dealerships in my area claim to be way short on staff, seems like this generation doesn’t want work anymore.
Well if the government continues to pay people to stay home, then who wants to get up and go to work?
Like you said D.C. needs to adjust their :poop:.

Sponsored

Black_Tremor

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve also heard someone is getting ready to build a chip factory in central Illinois near the Rivian plant. I would think it would serve many and not just Rivian.

MikeG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Semiconductor manufacturing requires billions in upfront cost for the foundry but has small profit margins per unit sold. It's hard to make it all work when you start factoring in western labor costs.

Bluemedic22

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current Vehicle: 2016 F150 Magnetic
Interesting reading you fellas had blend dates. I was told by dealer a month ago (here in Canada) that build date was Aug 28. I check the trackey here and there

Lowandslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150
So what does this mean for me..
blend 220210825

window sticker was produced today august 23….