Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Man... This is a terrible time to need or want to buy a new truck. Between the delays, loss of available features due to chip shortage, and frequent price increases, it's a seller's market for sure. Unfortunately for Ford and other carmakers, they can't really capitalize on the supply and demand to increase profits like they want
because they can't get enough parts to maintain adequate production rates.
Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Can we get a PDF of this?
Here ya go (attached)

This the 3rd MSRP increase since my order was confirmed (12/27/2021, 2/15/2022, 4/13/2022).

My build's MSRP has gone up $3635 - thank goodness for price protection (there's no question it applies with my Granger order confirmed by Ford back on 12-22-2021).

Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before April 12, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before April 18, 2022.
I'm on my 7th re-scheduled estimated build week (currently May 2, 2022) and optimistic it'll actually happen eventually as a 2022.

Good Luck to everyone!

Attachments

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Thanks for sharing the PDF @Buyer2021

I take it this line means 5.0 L in place of the 3.3L V6?

• Increase 5.0L ilo 3.3L V6 PFD price $340 MSRP

Thankful for the price protection, at this rate, if I was to order after the 13th of this month, probably be shopping an XLT (not dunking on XLTs, please don’t report me, merely stating I couldn’t bring myself to purchase a post April 13 Lariat)

Reactions: bdl

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Wow.... This means my truck has increased by $5,255 since my order was placed last year...!

Last edited:

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I’ve already had it out with one dealer that sponsors this forum regarding price protection. I will post my warning tomorrow after I (hopefully) get my priority 2 order updated with parking assist removal and taking off the Max Recline.

All I have to say at the moment is that if you’re looking for the best deal AND experience (given Ford’s increases), go with Granger.

Sponsored

koons_woodbridge_ford

First Name
Dexter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Trucks
Occupation
Dealership
Good afternoon, FYI Ford is increasing their prices across the board on 4/13/22. Tuesday 4/12/22 is the last day to lock in todays prices by submitting your orders.

bdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Now: '13 XLT 4x2 Soon(?): '22 501A Sport SCrew FX4
Just to add to the chorus, the dealer I'm working with confirmed this as well.

For some reason this is not receiving the attention the previous price increases garnered, but it's real.

GregBC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0L 302A Carbonized Gray
Occupation
Retired US Navy; currently DND
Man... This is a terrible time to need or want to buy a new truck. Between the delays, loss of available features due to chip shortage, and frequent price increases, it's a seller's market for sure. Unfortunately for Ford and other carmakers, they can't really capitalize on the supply and demand to increase profits like they want
because they can't get enough parts to maintain adequate production rates.
Indeed it is! I've had to pause my purchase plan already...THIS does not help re-starting it! :-(

When the time comes (since both of my vehicles are running, albeit a little rough), might return to looking at used trucks. Yes, I know they're expensive too. Yes, I'll have to compromise. Yes, I won't get a full warranty (and potentially none). But also, yes, $10-20k less is still $10-20k (more over the life of a finance plan), say, comparing 2018's to 2022's with rough estimate of engines/models.

<sigh....>

JTmass

First Name
Joaquin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Ranger
On one hand, I'm mad I didn't order back in 21 like I wanted to. On the other, these price increases are out of control. I tapped out and bought a Ranger. I don't see a way that I get an F150 down the road unless these prices come the F down. Rivaling premium Audi prices here.
Sponsored