First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 3.5L POWERBOOST
Occupation
SW Engineer
Looking for recommendations for a replacement Skid Plate . Today I walked away from my truck at work and looked back and saw! Skid Plate has ripped off next too one of the bolts on the what looks like fabric cover. FABRIC. why.

I found rcimetalworks and talonsgarage

anyone installed one of these brands or any other brands I should checkout before I replace this. I don't feel right paying the deal $250 for some fabric. crazy .

Ford F-150 F-150 - PowerBoost - Skid Plate IMG_0045

Ford F-150 F-150 - PowerBoost - Skid Plate IMG_0046
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
OP
OP
audioman2

audioman2

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just remember that PB's already have limited payloads, and a metal skid plate will drop another 30-50 lbs from your payload capacity.

Sponsored

joejamesatou

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Employed!
Ordered my RCI. Will be posting a review when it comes in. Since this happened to me I have spotted numerous F-150's on the road with drooping "skid plates". Huge design flaw that I'm done with.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Ordered my RCI. Will be posting a review when it comes in. Since this happened to me I have spotted numerous F-150's on the road with drooping "skid plates". Huge design flaw that I'm done with.
I am one of those people you see with it hanging down. Its a massive design flaw, what happens it gets wet and drive over snow and it gets caught and rips off a corner. Im sick of it and will order the Talons garage one.

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was 2021 F150 Powerboost now 2022 PB Platinum
I have the talons garage skid plate built specifcally for the powerboost. Been installed almost a year. Bolts didnt loosen and i've seen no corrosion in the aluminum; additionally, i have seen no difference in transmission temps, either staying warm or getting too hot (burys the cats). Its heavy, you'll need a friend and a jack to get it installed. Worth the money.

Here are some pictures of it installed after a year or so in service. 22 PB, was previously on a 21 PB. I should note, I am at factory ride height.

Ford F-150 F-150 - PowerBoost - Skid Plate talons1

Ford F-150 F-150 - PowerBoost - Skid Plate talons2

Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
I too installed the skidplate from Talons... I am very happy with it.
But yes... it definitely adds weight to the truck... I believe mine weighs 25 lbs.

OP
OP
audioman2

audioman2

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
SW Engineer
so I order the talonsgarage skid, thanks for all the help. I'l upload some pictures once I have it completed.

joejamesatou

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150
Occupation
Employed!
While out camping this weekend saw two other powerboosts. One also had the drooping felt pan. Saw several other 14th gen's on the highway with them sagging as well. Great trucks, just a sloppy detail by Ford.

Ford F-150 F-150 - PowerBoost - Skid Plate PXL_20230317_160355395

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
The Talons is a beast and you can install it yourself. I am sure RCI is great too, it's just hard to beat free shipping (I drove to their factory and loaded the plates up in.....my buddy's wife's 2008 Toyota Matrix). I ultimately had the transmission and t-case skid plates installed because a dealer had rounded the female nut off for the factory t-case plate, but based on how easy the rest was I'd say total time maybe 2 hours if it's new to you and 45 minutes if you've done it before or have a friend to help.

Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XL STX
I have the talons garage skid plate built specifcally for the powerboost. Been installed almost a year. Bolts didnt loosen and i've seen no corrosion in the aluminum; additionally, i have seen no difference in transmission temps, either staying warm or getting too hot (burys the cats). Its heavy, you'll need a friend and a jack to get it installed. Worth the money.

Here are some pictures of it installed after a year or so in service. 22 PB, was previously on a 21 PB. I should note, I am at factory ride height.

talons1.jpg

talons2.jpg
That looks sweet. Does it need to be removed whenever you do an oil change?
Sponsored