Sponsored

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...or-power-outage-wedding-reception/8156391002/

All of a sudden, the whole backyard turned black.

The music stopped. The lights went out. Everyone just stood — still.

Sadness filled the air. The wedding party had to end. No one could see anything.

"I thought, 'Oh, crap.' But then we heard a generator across the street go on," said the groom Vetrivel Chandrasekaran, 31, a mechanical engineer from Farmington Hills. "And this friend, Harish, said, 'Yo. I have an F-150. I can just plug it in.' I said, 'Wait, that could actually work?'"

So, on that weekday night around 10 o'clock in August, after a big rainstorm delayed the reception nearly two hours already, this happened:

"That F-150 plug saved the day," said Chandrasekaran, who celebrated his birthday on that Aug. 11 night, too.

They plugged in power cords for tent lights, music and a massive sound system with speakers, amplifiers and microphones. The truck itself had four power outlets but multiple items were plugged into power strips and those were plugged into the truck.

"It was amazing," said bride Rachna Nanda Kumar, 26, a data scientist from Tulsa, Oklahoma. "Everybody was just getting into their groove and, with the help of the F-150, the party lasted until 2 a.m. or 3 a.m."

While the averted disaster left the bridal party stunned, the F-150 owners who worked at Ford just smiled. Because they knew the capabilities of the 2021 F-150 Hybrid pickup with an onboard generator would save the day.

The wedding guests had used the outlets in the truck bed just days earlier to power some appliances and tools at their house in Royal Oak during a recent power failure.

Ford CEO Jim Farley tweeted a video of the F-150 wedding incident on Wednesday, thanking the Ford employees for their ability to "bring the party back to life!"

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
This is just top-notch fantastic. When my F-150 lease is up in 2 years, I really want to buy it out, the residual is only $30k. But this hybrid is damned tempting. Kudos Ford, and congratulations to the newlyweds!

CooleyOne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Getting married next year - my Powerboost will definitely be Onsite!

Reactions: FtS

Sponsored

blkZ28spt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 501A SCREW 4x4 tuned 3.5
This story just made me realize the value of extension cords and power strips dedicated just for my truck.
Yes. I was reviewing another thread yesterday and a guy picked up two of those Swingcases for the bed...with nothing but straps, ties, and CORDS in one of them. I only have one swingcase in my '19 at the moment...going Powerboost...yup I think I'll have a Swingcase with nothing but extension cords dead serious lol

EVT Tech

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost
I have already used mine to power my home during a storm related outing.

Brute150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FiST
Thats our truck from the video!! What an amazing machine. In addition to the wedding party, it has also powered our appliances, neighbors appliances through multiple power outages this year. Super happy with the purchase! Powerboost FTW!

Ford F-150 F-150 Powerboost Pro Power Onboard Generator saves wedding in Michigan IMG-20210218-WA0009

Just Me

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost sold, 2023 Tremor 5.0 now
Thats our truck from the video!! What an amazing machine. In addition to the wedding party, it has also powered our appliances, neighbors appliances through multiple power outages this year. Super happy with the purchase! Powerboost FTW!

IMG-20210218-WA0009.jpg
That’s is my February story using the generator in the story about your generator story. I like mine too. 20,000 miles in 7 months. Lots of uses for the generator.
Sponsored