First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
IIRC, that's roughly the same MPG that TFL got in their test. Maybe I'm thinking of a different review...
You are right TFL did it going 70mph down a highway with a limited.

Sponsored

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
That is astonishing. I always knew that the PowerBoost would be efficient, but nearly 30 mpg is impressive. I mean, FOR A FULL-SIZE PICKUP TRUCK!!! And this is like, 5-6 mpg better than what Ford/EPA estimated. Man, were they so, so wrong!

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Here is a video of the Powerboost MPG rating being tested.

Is this sustainable on a long highway trip of say 6-7 hundred miles or does it require some low speed driving thrown in to charge the batteries?

Caferd

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
Self
Is this sustainable on a long highway trip of say 6-7 hundred miles or does it require some low speed driving thrown in to charge the batteries?
No... Testing how far two gallons of gas will get you is way to small of a test. A full battery at the beginning will give false results. Hybrids only help in the city. They are dead weight on the highway. A regular 3.5 or 2.7 should do better due to not having the extra weight

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT, Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
No... Testing how far two gallons of gas will get you is way to small of a test. A full battery at the beginning will give false results. Hybrids only help in the city. They are dead weight on the highway. A regular 3.5 or 2.7 should do better due to not having the extra weight
That's kinda what I was thinking, thanks.

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
You are correct, the Hybrids help tremendously in the city, but the battery does contribute at highway speed too.

Sponsored

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
i don’t think so, the best I have gotten on the interstate is 22 or 23 and that’s going the speed limit

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
I have 419 miles now on my Limited Powerboost and driving mostly in Eco mode and attempting to drive with fuel efficiency in mind, I have only averaged 19 mpg. I hope that improves as it breaks in or maybe I need to lear how to drive a hybrid. If any one has pointers they would be appreciated.

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I have 419 miles now on my Limited Powerboost and driving mostly in Eco mode and attempting to drive with fuel efficiency in mind, I have only averaged 19 mpg. I hope that improves as it breaks in or maybe I need to lear how to drive a hybrid. If any one has pointers they would be appreciated.
Comes down to where you live too. If you have a lot of hill and the such your MPG will fall down a lot. I believe high altitude also hurt MPG

Touchdwn

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited Power-Boost; 2018 Honda Odyssey
Occupation
Corporate Pilot; retired Air Traffic Controller
Comes down to where you live too. If you have a lot of hill and the such your MPG will fall down a lot. I believe high altitude also hurt MPG
I live in the Dallas/Ft Worth area, so not particularly hilly or high altitude.
Sponsored