• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Peter P

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Via Electrek

The FordPass Connect app was last updated on January 31 and carries some new images inside that indicate that a remote parking feature is planned for the app.

Some of these images are labeled “freeDrive” but it is uncertain if this is the name of the feature or just the associated imagery for the F-150 Lightning.

The images can be found in numerous places in the app and seem to indicate that a user with their iPhone (and we have to assume that Android users will have the same capabilities) can “drive” their vehicle forward or backward into a parking spot.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Summon / Remote Control Parking Feature Discovered in FordPass App image-6

It is uncertain whether this functionality will make it to other vehicles. A Ford spokesperson said that they don’t comment on speculation.

It also appears that the function is safeguarded by an iPod-like circular unlock, so you don’t, you know, “pocket drive” your F-150 Lightning into traffic (shown at the top of the lead image).

Source: https://electrek.co/2022/02/10/f-150-lightning-app-leaks-remote-control-parking/
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Interesting. This could be a great for attaching trailers although I can imagine there would be liability issues with such a feature.

Edit: I think this feature is more like Hyundai's Smaht Pahk than Summon.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
I hope this is an accurate leak.

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
If it wasn't for the pro trailer assist (the one where it back up right over the hitch) it would be great to line up to the trailer as going forward a bit wouldnt require getting into the truck again.
I always wanted that feature on my tractor that I have. The bigger tractors have buttons on the back fender to move the tractor forward and back a little to line it up to implement (it sucks having to get back in and move when you're 1" off)

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Interesting. This could be a great for attaching trailers although I can imagine there would be liability issues with such a feature.

Edit: I think this feature is more like Hyundai's Smaht Pahk than Summon.
I wonder if you could get around the liability by given the user more control. Have it be more like a low speed RC car (maybe with emergency braking) vs. just clicking a button and having the vehicle move under it's own direction
Sponsored