• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Clearly they want most consumers to go XLT for that sweet, sweet profit. The Pro being offered to consumers is a loss leader to say that they have an EV truck for under $40k. I'd assume they knew they'd get a ton of people buying the Pro with ER if it were offered, but then they wouldn't make as much on the XLT and up.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Clearly they want most consumers to go XLT for that sweet, sweet profit. The Pro being offered to consumers is a loss leader to say that they have an EV truck for under $40k. I'd assume they knew they'd get a ton of people buying the Pro with ER if it were offered, but then they wouldn't make as much on the XLT and up.
If everyone complains to Ford, their dealer, the people working at the drive events and car shows, they could change it. Originally with the Bronco the Sasquatch package required the automatic transmission, there was enough demand for it to be available with the automatic and Ford changed the options.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Does anyone know if the manual seats in the Pro have vertical adjustment? I'm nearly 6'6" but my wife is only 5'4". We just drove an XLT with power seats and it was clear that we had very different height settings.
More than likely the seats in the Pro will be more like the seats in the XL or maybe a base XLT since it’s considered as a work truck for a business.

You might want to drive a XL to give you an idea of what the Pro seats will be like so there won’t be any surprises.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
More than likely the seats in the Pro will be more like the seats in the XL or maybe a base XLT since it’s considered as a work truck for a business.

You might want to drive a XL to give you an idea of what the Pro seats will be like so there won’t be any surprises.
I agree and would love to but finding a XL SCREW to drive is proving to be difficult not to mention that test drives require talking to sales droids and I don't have time for that. We did sit in an STX this summer but were not able to drive it, that is where the concerns actually started. Hoping by some miracle that there is a power seat upgrade available for the Pro.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
If only I could get a Pro with a double pane sunroof. Perfect truck

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
1634572002426.png

What is that below the steering column? One vehicle in the pictures had it, the other did not.
Does anyone have a logical answer on this? Don't know if it is limited to the Pro level or the 12" screen...does not appear on the upper trim level shown in the vehicle.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
I would definitely order a Pro and upgrade to 2nd gen in 2025. But no heat pump and no heated seats in Pro would be an big issue for me.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
Does anyone have a logical answer on this? Don't know if it is limited to the Pro level or the 12" screen...does not appear on the upper trim level shown in the vehicle.
Its probably an emergency shut off switch for the prototypes.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Possibly a beta/preproduction kill switch. The others cars may not have it, if they are only doing driving tests with the Pro models.

I've seen other early EVs with that feature

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center

Sponsored

tsmith60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
70 Maverick
If everyone complains to Ford, their dealer, the people working at the drive events and car shows, they could change it. Originally with the Bronco the Sasquatch package required the automatic transmission, there was enough demand for it to be available with the automatic and Ford changed the options.
Then they charged an extra $1600 for the automatic anyway even with the m/t. Careful what you wish for haha

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
The good old fashion work truck is making big strides into the future!

Trukbed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Powerboost FX4
Interior doesn't look bad at all in vinyl. At least there's also a console, led dash, and the 12" sync4!

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
I think some of us date ourselves with our initial revulsion to vinyl. :LOL: With the majority of cars today actually having fake leather the whole vinyl thing isn't really a negative as long as it's good quality material. The German marques have been predominantly vinyl for decades and their buyers don't seem to care or notice. ;) I am most concerned with the lack of seat adjustments in the Pro but I definitely prefer cloth heated seats.

Speaking of which, Ford doesn't seem to understand how EV owners use heated seats to maintain winter range instead of the heater. They need to stop packaging options "the way we always have" and just include heated seats on all trim levels on EVs, or at least make it a stand alone option.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I think some of us date ourselves with our initial revulsion to vinyl. :LOL: With the majority of cars today actually having fake leather the whole vinyl thing isn't really a negative as long as it's good quality material. The German marques have been predominantly vinyl for decades and their buyers don't seem to care or notice. ;) I am most concerned with the lack of seat adjustments in the Pro but I definitely prefer cloth heated seats.

Speaking of which, Ford doesn't seem to understand how EV owners use heated seats to maintain winter range instead of the heater. They need to stop packaging options "the way we always have" and just include heated seats on all trim levels on EVs, or at least make it a stand alone option.
I am not sure that I agree that Ford doesn't understand. Buy locking heated seats out of the PRO trim, it pushes folks to XLT or higher. That is more profit for Ford.
Sponsored