• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
36 miles of range at 30% battery.. So if you drive it extremely hard the extended battery has a 100 mile range? Can't imagine towing numbers

OP
OP
BEVolution

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
36 miles of range at 30% battery.. So if you drive it extremely hard the extended battery has a 100 mile range? Can't imagine towing numbers
This was end of day after being driven hard and not charged. I was impressed they were not overheating the brakes or battery pack. As each truck was drive trucks were on 60 second autocross style loops. Understand this was not “normal” driving, well maybe the first week of delivery!

All were extended battery too.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
This was end of day after being driven hard and not charged. I was impressed they were not overheating the brakes or battery pack. As each truck was drive trucks were on 60 second autocross style loops. Understand this was not “normal” driving, well maybe the first week of delivery!

All were extended battery too.
Thanks for posting these pics of the pro interior. I went to the event in Seattle but ended up in an XLT so didn’t get to sit in the vinyl. Were they Like old school vinyl or closer to a “vegan leather”?

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Does anyone know if the manual seats in the Pro have vertical adjustment? I'm nearly 6'6" but my wife is only 5'4". We just drove an XLT with power seats and it was clear that we had very different height settings.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thanks for posting these pics of the pro interior. I went to the event in Seattle but ended up in an XLT so didn’t get to sit in the vinyl. Were they Like old school vinyl or closer to a “vegan leather”?
I rode in a PRO at the EV event in Boston. To me, it felt like pleather, fake leather or even low grade natural leather.(cheap stuff). It did not feel like vinyl at all to me.

Def not old school like I remember...

Just my opinion....ymmv.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Why is there a little control switch directly under the steering wheel in some photos but it’s not in the last few photos? I was interested in what that little control switch actually does?

BCP28

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 2021 Ford Escape SEL Stealth
Occupation
Engineer
Why is there a little control switch directly under the steering wheel in some photos but it’s not in the last few photos? I was interested in what that little control switch actually does?
Looks like a gain knob for an aftermarket (Redarc maybe?) trailer brake controller.

OP
OP
BEVolution

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Does anyone know if the manual seats in the Pro have vertical adjustment? I'm nearly 6'6" but my wife is only 5'4". We just drove an XLT with power seats and it was clear that we had very different height settings.
Sadly, on this pre-production vehicle, no vertical adjustment unless I missed it when looking.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BEVolution

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Definitely not Tesla quality vegan leather. This was old school thick vinyl.

With that being said, it didn’t look or feel awful. Best part, 10 years from now, if you keep the vinyl relatively clean it will always look the same as day one.

I’ve posted elsewhere, but search ebay for OEM take-off cloth seat covers if you really want fabric to replace the vinyl. Cost is around $200 plus 4-5 hours of labor. DIY is possible too.

OP
OP
BEVolution

BEVolution

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y adding Lightning
Interesting observation, same truck so due to lighting camera processed it out.

Like @BCP28 mentioned, definitely aftermarket switch possibly added due to vehicle testing.

Look at what they had for the top left of the dash on the E-Transit.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning PRO | Interior Real-Life Photos 4DBDCED1-AAC5-4DCC-AB92-AD2D3AB3BA7A

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Definitely not Tesla quality vegan leather. This was old school thick vinyl.

With that being said, it didn’t look or feel awful. Best part, 10 years from now, if you keep the vinyl relatively clean it will always look the same as day one.

I’ve posted elsewhere, but search ebay for OEM take-off cloth seat covers if you really want fabric to replace the vinyl. Cost is around $200 plus 4-5 hours of labor. DIY is possible too.
I’m not a fan of cloth seats due to wear and staining. If the vinyl isn’t too awful I’ll likely keep them around but if not I’ll get Katzkin leather installed.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
While towing won't be great... The use case at these events are basically worse case... Even worse than towing... Constant execlerations will kill the range of any ev, which is all they do.

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
While towing won't be great... The use case at these events are basically worse case... Even worse than towing... Constant execlerations will kill the range of any ev, which is all they do.
I think every ride was prefaced with them saying “Are you ready for this?” ?
Sponsored