• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The cynical side of me says that the price of every trim package between the PRO SR and Platinum endpoints Ford will increase by $4500, because they didn't formally announce those.
I was almost positive that the SR XLT trim price point was advertised.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Well, since the cap is at msrp $74k, it would be wise for Ford to get as many trim levels under that cap. (i.e. lower Lariat+ to 74k).

As the legislation stands now(if passed as is)...I would have to choose a Lariat+(or platinum) with no tax credit OR a Lariat/XLT/XLT+ with a $12500 credit. This would drive folks to lower level trims....
Lariat with ER battery is also over the limit (per the survey that went around) even with no other options

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Well, since the cap is at msrp $74k, it would be wise for Ford to get as many trim levels under that cap. (i.e. lower Lariat+ to 74k).

As the legislation stands now(if passed as is)...I would have to choose a Lariat+(or platinum) with no tax credit OR a Lariat/XLT/XLT+ with a $12500 credit. This would drive folks to lower level trims....
I agree with this.... but it also seems like an opportunity for Ford to make the XLT+ ER cost 69,999 (I don't think they would go this high, but you get what I'm saying). It will be interesting to see if Ford is waiting to couple their pricing structure with the finalization of the legislation activities...... that might take some time.
I was almost positive that the SR XLT trim price point was advertised.
Yes, you are correct. 52,974 on Ford's own website. So that price is locked! (We hope)

ZDog

First Name
Jac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70
Occupation
Retired
Did you notice those shiny spots spaced along the lower front bumper trim in both photos of the black truck? Are these spots something we’ll have on production trucks or just accidental photographic reflections? No similar spots are visible in the front end photo of the silver truck under lights.

jbirdzee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro ER
Occupation
Engineer
Did you notice those shiny spots spaced along the lower front bumper trim in both photos of the black truck? Are these spots something we’ll have on production trucks or just accidental photographic reflections? No similar spots are visible in the front end photo of the silver truck under lights.
Huh. I see them now that you've pointed them out. I'm leaning towards those are really there - because they didn't seem to move from those spots on the different camera angles of the black truck.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I would be happy with a Pro SR trim because all I care about is getting that CA HOV sticker for solo carpool rides like my current Honda Clarity...

It would be nice to see the $7500 federal tax credit along with the California's CVRP and CCFR rebates on top of all that...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I agree with this.... but it also seems like an opportunity for Ford to make the XLT+ ER cost 69,999 (I don't think they would go this high, but you get what I'm saying). It will be interesting to see if Ford is waiting to couple their pricing structure with the finalization of the legislation activities...... that might take some time.

Yes, you are correct. 52,974 on Ford's own website. So that price is locked! (We hope)
My opinion is the biggest "must have" for people is the battery, they are much less set on other options(they'll make do if it is worth it).... so if the Lariat ER is over $74k, a bunch of folks will step down to an XLT ER and take the $12500 credit. (Hoping someone at Ford realizes its better to sell a ton of Lariat+ trucks for 5k less than have all those customers buy a lower price--lower profit margin--XLT+ instead).

I don't think they can fiddle with the Pro or XLT SR prices as they have been marketing those for months in PR and adverts.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
My opinion is the biggest "must have" for people is the battery, they are much less set on other options(they'll make do if it is worth it).... so if the Lariat ER is over $74k, a bunch of folks will step down to an XLT ER and take the $12500 credit. (Hoping someone at Ford realizes its better to sell a ton of Lariat+ trucks for 5k less than have all those customers buy a lower price--lower profit margin--XLT+ instead).

I don't think they can fiddle with the Pro or XLT SR prices as they have been marketing those for months in PR and adverts.
Would be nice. A price drop on the Lariat ER would push me there vs. the XLT.

mclroy

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Analyst
You're very kucky in USA. Here in Canada, the base model start at $68,000.00 + 15% tx!!! No credit on ev. The limit price is 60,000.00 to get 8000.00 credit after the taxe is paid.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
"Ford is investing an additional $250 million and adding 450 more direct jobs across the Rouge Electric Vehicle Center, Van Dyke Electric Powertrain Center and Rawsonville Components Plant. The investment and added jobs will help increase production capacity to 80,000 trucks a year."

So does this mean more than 15k in the first year and a faster ramp to 80k/yr??(possibly 1st year?)
...Kumar Galhotra, Ford's president of the Americas and International Markets Group, told reporters Thursday that the automaker wouldn't hit its 80,000 production capacity limit until 2023...

Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Reflections.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
...Kumar Galhotra, Ford's president of the Americas and International Markets Group, told reporters Thursday that the automaker wouldn't hit its 80,000 production capacity limit until 2023...
That is still much better than the 55k from the leak

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
How Ford is gonna do. They can't build my CIE pick-up. Ordered since march. I wonder that there is a lot of chips in a EV truck. So i probably have to wait for another year to own my F-150.
Ironically, it probably has fewer chips as there are fewer engine control modules. I know currently, you can get both ford and Chevy ice trucks without the start/stop and cylinder deactivation feature as a way to save chips and get the truck sooner. Those controls are not needed on an electric vehicle. There are no engine emissions controls, no fuel injection controls, no transmission controls.

Ford4Life2319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Explorer
I mean I don't know specifically what the timeline was but we all got to be happy Ford is starting pre-production in mid-september. Remember while there are different parts to this lightning this is still on a regular F-150 frame.

Production is going to come down to chips and batteries, and at this point I don't see why people won't be driving these things in the springtime.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
Those certainly won't be on the finished trucks. I'm not sure what they are, but they look similar to the spots on motion capture suits for CGI characters in movies. Remember these are preproduction vehicles that will be used for various purposes. It's possible they will be scanning that unit with lasers to make sure panel fitment (in this case the front bumper) is as precise as they want it to be. The white dots would stand out the best on a unit painted black.
Sponsored