• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 4x4
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
The packaging on this is garbage to be honest. I just noticed the Lariat B&O is the same one offered on the ICE XLT, the Unleashed has been moved to the Platinum only. Turrible.
Agreed. This is my biggest turn off, I think. I love the Unleashed system in my current Lariat PB. I can't imagine spending more money on the Lightning and going backwards to the 8 speaker. And there's no way I'm spending the cash for a Platinum. So disappointing...
Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 KR F150
some of the packaging options and limits on trim level maybe because of availability of parts. I wouldn‘t be surprised to see different option availability for MY23 orders or beyond.

Bill from King Ranch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
some of the packaging options and limits on trim level maybe because of availability of parts. I wouldn‘t be surprised to see different option availability for MY23 orders or beyond.
Agreed. I also think it has a lot to do with trying to ramp production as quickly as possible. They've created limited options groups and very limited ala carte items. This greatly simplifies production scheduling and parts inventory management. Choices will open up when the plant gets in a groove.

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda3! (F-150 Lightning soon)
Pretty sure this refers to the lights on the outside of the vehicle when you unlock and open the doors. Nothing to do with the dome lights
That's good to hear. If I add the Tow Tech Package to the Pro, I get this as well:

"Mirror – LED Side-View Mirror Spotlights"

So, I get the LED spotlights they just don't turn on when I unlock the car. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out, maybe they do.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Agreed. I also think it has a lot to do with trying to ramp production as quickly as possible. They've created limited options groups and very limited ala carte items. This greatly simplifies production scheduling and parts inventory management. Choices will open up when the plant gets in a groove.
Also helps out with all the parts shortages.

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
For those folks that find the tailgate step beneficial on your f150, please know, I've come to experience that mine doesn't respond well in cold snowy weather. I use mine daily hauling my dogs around and just getting up in the bed, but when it's outside in cold weather, the pullout step/rails gets frozen and therefore stuck...apparently it needs to thaw...guess I need to have the release mechanism and rails lubed and aligned at the dealership since I use it almost daily. Just was surprised today that was frozen solid abd thought I'd share. But it is very useful otherwise.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Speaking of electrical tools like a heat gun....my powerboost has the pro power on board 7.2 kw....
It is awesome!!! Have had a few power outages since owning my truck and I've been able to make morning coffee on my tailgate while the neighbors drive by. I actually raised my mug and offered to pour them a cup. The plugs are nice for hooking up a microwave if you are say camping in a tent or out and about and you need to warm a sandwich. Yes I use a coffee maker and a small microwave and am proud that my truck can make a hot meal when not at the house. Get these things folks...you won't regret it! I can only imagine how neat that will be on the Lightning!

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
For those folks that find the tailgate step beneficial on your f150, please know, I've come to experience that mine doesn't respond well in cold snowy weather. I use mine daily hauling my dogs around and just getting up in the bed, but when it's outside in cold weather, the pullout step/rails gets frozen and therefore stuck...apparently it needs to thaw...guess I need to have the release mechanism and rails lubed and aligned at the dealership since I use it almost daily. Just was surprised today that was frozen solid abd thought I'd share. But it
For those folks that find the tailgate step beneficial on your f150, please know, I've come to experience that mine doesn't respond well in cold snowy weather. I use mine daily hauling my dogs around and just getting up in the bed, but when it's outside in cold weather, the pullout step/rails gets frozen and therefore stuck...apparently it needs to thaw...guess I need to have the release mechanism and rails lubed and aligned at the dealership since I use it almost daily. Just was surprised today that was frozen solid abd thought I'd share. But it is very useful otherwise.
Next time u get it lose, open it up and spray the whole thing down with a can of silicone spray. On really cold days my vinyl sliding door won't open. If I spray down the tracks and edges, opened like brand new...totally different application, but same principle..so should work.

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
What do you recommend for the middle button that's supposed to spring the whole step out a bit? When I 1st hot the truck, that sucker popped out a couple inches. Now it barely popps out a 1/4 inch. Do I need to put some spray on the push button spring or does lubing the rails with the spray makes all the difference? Thanks for the recommendation BTW!

Sponsored

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
The Pro is really the only good deal here. It has a pretty strong set of standard features. The extras you get for jumping up to the XLT don't seem to come close to justifying $13k. Unfortunately I don't think many consumers will get a chance for a either a Pro or XLT SR this year. The production of both models for retail customers is very limited.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I think limited configurations will stay. With the Ford Fusion, Ford limited options and configurations starting with the MY2019 model year. This was radically different from when I bought my 2017 FFH. My 2019 Titanium Hybrid only had one option besides color and that was a block heater. Other trim levels were limited to one or two options if that. This was done as a cost savings measure because having a full pallet of options was too expensive. Just look at Honda and Toyota. There are not a whole lot of choices. The same applies to some other manufacturers as well.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
There is standard Cruise Control, no adaptive.
I don't mind standard cruise. But I understand the Pro and 311A XLT trim have a traditional key to turn on the truck, while XLT 312A and higher has the push button power. But the pictures often show push button start, so I have no idea, to be honest.

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
I don't mind standard cruise. But I understand the Pro and 311A XLT trim have a traditional key to turn on the truck, while XLT 312A and higher has the push button power. But the pictures often show push button start, so I have no idea, to be honest.
You understand wrong. Push button start is standard across all Lightning trims.

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
You understand wrong. Push button start is standard across all Lightning trims.
Are you sure about that? I ask, because according to the order guide, push button start is mentioned on 312A and higher, and is not mentioned on 311A and the Pro.
Sponsored