• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Lightning Orders Open in December

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Went to my local dealer on the weekend with my son to get his Maverick order in. My first time going there or speaking with my assigned rep. He says orders will begin next month. Also says his dealer has 185 reservation holders and 2022 allocations is 13 Lightenings. For a medium sized dealer (my estimation) that's not many.
Sponsored

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Also says his dealer has 185 reservation holders and 2022 allocations is 13 Lightenings. For a medium sized dealer (my estimation) that's not many.
Unfortunately with 160k+ reservations and potentially only ~20k being made next year for the entire country, I think this will be way more common than people think which is why I've started thinking about alternative options.

Not having my own vehicle hasn't been too bad for the last few months but my driving needs are going back up next year so I may be holding off for gen 2.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Went to my local dealer on the weekend with my son to get his Maverick order in. My first time going there or speaking with my assigned rep. He says orders will begin next month. Also says his dealer has 185 reservation holders and 2022 allocations is 13 Lightenings. For a medium sized dealer (my estimation) that's not many.
That's an interesting calculation. I wonder how the allocations vs. early reservation holders will be reconciled if there is a pile of them at one dealership? I wonder how many early allocations there are? Or if Ford has simply distributed the allocations based on the initial dealer choice by the reservation holder?

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
2022 allocations is 13 Lightenings
This is the first I've heard of a dealer confirming allocation number. Has anyone else heard anything about this from their dealer?

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
This is the first I've heard of a dealer confirming allocation number. Has anyone else heard anything about this from their dealer?
I would assume it's made up given that Ford likely doesn't know how many F150L's they will make in 2022, so they're not really going to allocate an unknown number.

However, 13 doesn't "seem" bad -- but that would be based on when Ford actually start shipping... If Ford takes the last day of Spring (June 21st) as start of shipping, then that's ~2 trucks/month for the dealer in 2022. There's 2,300 certified Ford EV dealers in the US. If each gets on average 2/month that's 27K trucks for half the year (which is more than the rumored). But, inline w/ the 55K in 2023 that is floating around.

My dealer has 700 reservations. I'm 3rd in line. I'm hopeful I'll get a delivery once they actually start shipping.

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
34 More Days Boys

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
I would assume it's made up given that Ford likely doesn't know how many F150L's they will make in 2022, so they're not really going to allocate an unknown number.

However, 13 doesn't "seem" bad -- but that would be based on when Ford actually start shipping... If Ford takes the last day of Spring (June 21st) as start of shipping, then that's ~2 trucks/month for the dealer in 2022. There's 2,300 certified Ford EV dealers in the US. If each gets on average 2/month that's 27K trucks for half the year (which is more than the rumored). But, inline w/ the 55K in 2023 that is floating around.

My dealer has 700 reservations. I'm 3rd in line. I'm hopeful I'll get a delivery once they actually start shipping.
I'm actually in Canada, in a market with large EV adoption rates, so who knows where the chips will fall in the end and what the allocation algorithm is based on. The only certainty thus far is uncertainty;)
Sponsored