• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Lightning ordering (order bank open) not until April 2022 ?

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
My dealership just called to inform me that his Ford Representative stated the order process for the Lightning will not begin until April, has anyone else received this news?
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Not at all, my dealer is still saying this fall. I think yours might have been confused with production start.

Pre-production builds have already started at the factory so no way they don't open orders till then.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
April is too late for May deliveries

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Job1 is currently scheduled for April. The order bank is going to have to open up way before that to schedule orders.

OP
OP

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner
Job1 is currently scheduled for April. The order bank is going to have to open up way before that to schedule orders.
This makes way more sense than what my dealer was trying to inform me about. I’m certain he got confused as to what the Ford Rep. was trying to tell him. He also stated that I was #2 on his list of about 70 reservation placed at his dealership and he would call me as soon as the order bank opens. Fingers crossed I hope sooner rather than later.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning ordering (order bank open) not until April 2022 ? F-150_Lightning_Platinum_on-road_04

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning ordering (order bank open) not until April 2022 ? 2023 F-150 Lightning Build & Price

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
If you are a fleet customer and have not submitted your purchase request, there’s absolutely no way you’ll get a ‘22, maybe not even a ‘23.

For retail customers or commercial customers without a fleet account, all there is is the reservation system at the moment. Ford is now in pre-production for the Lightning so they’ll be fine-tuning the factory line and working out the last kinks as they prepare for general production.

Job 1 is currently anticipated for first week of April. Give or take a week or three depending on how things go. I’m pretty sure the order banks will open in November and they can start getting a better idea of what initial production will look like and begin writing production schedules. Reservations don’t tell them much until they start converting to orders. The only thing reservations tell them is which areas have the most, or least interest and that they‘ll have more orders than they can build for the next few years.

As they did with the Bronco and Mach-E, there will be a deadline to submit orders for model year consideration. At that date they will go through the orders and prioritize them by reservation time stamp and a few other logistical factors.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
If you are a fleet customer and have not submitted your purchase request, there’s absolutely no way you’ll get a ‘22, maybe not even a ‘23.

For retail customers or commercial customers without a fleet account, all there is is the reservation system at the moment. Ford is now in pre-production for the Lightning so they’ll be fine-tuning the factory line and working out the last kinks as they prepare for general production.

Job 1 is currently anticipated for first week of April. Give or take a week or three depending on how things go. I’m pretty sure the order banks will open in November and they can start getting a better idea of what initial production will look like and begin writing production schedules. Reservations don’t tell them much until they start converting to orders. The only thing reservations tell them is which areas have the most, or least interest and that they‘ll have more orders than they can build for the next few years.

As they did with the Bronco and Mach-E, there will be a deadline to submit orders for model year consideration. At that date they will go through the orders and prioritize them by reservation time stamp and a few other logistical factors.
I would bet if you were a big enough fleet customer and put enough money on the table you would get some 2022 allocations.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
He also stated that I was #2 on his list of about 70 reservation placed at his dealership and he would call me as soon as the order bank opens
I hope he meant based on time stamp, not based on what he had for lunch.

OP
OP

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Miner

And that’s why I would hope that Ford would open the order banks sooner than later. Parts to comlete the build need to be sourced, the more information they get from the consumer the better they can plan. I would think that Ford might learn some stuff based on experience from the Mache and Bronco? November sounds OK but NOT April, that’s way to late IMHO.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
And that’s why I would hope that Ford would open the order banks sooner than later. Parts to comlete the build need to be sourced, the more information they get from the consumer the better they can plan. I would think that Ford might learn some stuff based on experience from the Mache and Bronco? November sounds OK but NOT April, that’s way to late IMHO.
Ford has consistently said Fall 2021 so I seriously doubt they would delay until Spring. Also, with Rivian in the news this week starting deliveries, they probably want to avoid canceled reservations and "lock the into" a Lightning. I just don't see them delaying until Spring...that would be a very bad move PR and sales wise....

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
I would bet if you were a big enough fleet customer and put enough money on the table you would get some 2022 allocations.
And many large fleet buyers already have. Ford can only produce so many. Possibly as few as 15,000 of them in ‘22. Even if some huge buyer came in now and tried to buy all of them, it Won’t change anything. Fleet customer time stamps are being honored. Regardless of the size of the order.

They’re saying they will find a balance between commercial fleet and retail orders. I’m thinking they’re going to prioritize the Platinum trim for consumer orders and most of the XL/ XLT trims will go to the Pro/fleet orders. They’ve hinted pretty strongly that if you’re a retail reservation customer looking for an XLT, it will probably be ‘23.

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
They’ve hinted pretty strongly that if you’re a retail reservation customer looking for an XLT, it will probably be ‘23.
I haven't heard that Ford will not prioritize XLT trims. I'm curious where you have heard this?

I am encouraged by Darren Palmer's interview on InsideEVs today. He didn't commit to any number, but it sounded like it could be more than 15,000 in 2022.

corradoborg

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Tacoma S-Runner; F-150 Lightning order
Occupation
Corporate Physical Security Manager
They’ve hinted pretty strongly that if you’re a retail reservation customer looking for an XLT, it will probably be ‘23.
On the contrary, Ford has stated that they will not prioritize one trim over another, and will stick as closely to reservation timestamp as possible.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I’m hearing from my dealer October/November to open the ordering system, so a little more specific than “Fall.”. Anyone else hearing October/November?

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I’m hearing from my dealer October/November to open the ordering system, so a little more specific than “Fall.”. Anyone else hearing October/November?
Someone in the “lightning on tour “ post said that the rep at the SF even said some people have started to receive their order forms. FWIW
Sponsored