• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
I bet the XL now comes in over $42k not the $39974 advertised.

Me doing math.

AWD XL F150 Lighning $39,974 MSRP
- $12000 tax credit
$27974

AWD Lariat (we want cruise) Maverick
$27725 MSRP without 4k tow.
Ford won’t change the already announced pricing. Reputation and all that. They’ll just make it up on the other trims and upgrade options where they left themselves plenty of wiggle room by not announcing anything yet.
Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford won’t change the already announced pricing. Reputation and all that. They’ll just make it up on the other trims and upgrade options where they left themselves plenty of wiggle room by not announcing anything yet.
They are just going to pull as many features as they can out and add them back as options.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
I need to go see a Space White F150 in the flesh before I order.

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier
They are just going to pull as many features as they can out and add them back as options.
Certainly on the higher trims. Not so much on the Pro. As they add more options they also increase production line complexity, so there’s a point of diminishing returns for them in there somewhere.

bosox8

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 Iced Blue Silver Lariat ER, 2nd Wave
Occupation
Sales
Hey future Lightning owners,

I'm the internet manager at a FL dealership. We received an email today from our Ford rep about the upcoming new Super Duty trucks and in it was a mention that 1) Lightning order bank goes live in January 2022 and 2) Lightning production were still set for June 2022.

This was just an email from our rep and not an official bulletin, but since he references specific dates I think he must be citing some specific source.

Just passing along what I received and hope that helps everyone pass the time.
Beginning to sound a lot like 15 days to flatten the curve

Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
No matter. It really does not matter your place in line. It all depends on your dealers allocation and your place in line at said dealer.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
4 more weeks boys......hang in there.....

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
No matter. It really does not matter your place in line. It all depends on your dealers allocation and your place in line at said dealer.
Even then, it's going to depend on what options and models Ford planned about a year ago to build and what actually comes through.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
I don’t have an urgent need for it yet (can always rent a truck for my landlord business when needed for now) so this will just give me time to save a little more and/or make the credit report look a little better for financing so not super concerned about delays.

roxbury29

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 F150, FX4 Supercab
Occupation
Sales
I suspect delays on this. I have mine reserved from day 1 on the reveal. Summer 2022 would be perfect to trade my 2014 F150 in for my lightning . I love my truck, should this run into 2023-2024 before we start to see our orders ( like the Bronco delays that never end ) I have been considering ordering a Lariat or Tremor and then just trade that in when the lightning arrives. Have to see how Spring 2022 goes.

Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
I don’t have an urgent need for it yet (can always rent a truck for my landlord business when needed for now) so this will just give me time to save a little more and/or make the credit report look a little better for financing so not super concerned about delays.
Patience is the key to not losing your mind with these releases of radically new vehicles in the modern supply chain crisis.

I suspect delays on this. I have mine reserved from day 1 on the reveal. Summer 2022 would be perfect to trade my 2014 F150 in for my lightning . I love my truck, should this run into 2023-2024 before we start to see our orders ( like the Bronco delays that never end ) I have been considering ordering a Lariat or Tremor and then just trade that in when the lightning arrives. Have to see how Spring 2022 goes.
I am on the same wavelength here. The main difference between this launch and the Bronco is that if this doesn't work out with someone's timing, then there are tons of other F150 options or even F250/350 options that could make them happy.

Essmith94

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 GMC Sierra Z71, 2018 BMW X5
Occupation
Defense Industry
As a recovering Bronco forum member this wreaks of more of the same. My advise…
- Don’t become a habitual forum checker
- Delete/disregard ANY post referencing “my dealer said”, “I heard from a friend”, or “a reliable source stated”..,
- when this does go live and orders can be submitted with your dealer, get your order/pricing in writing and signed by you and the dealer!!!!

Hang in There!!!! Maybe the Lightning Media team will start sending us gifts like the Bronco Team did!

FordMaster

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 Lincoln, 90 Lincoln Mark VII, 96 F150, 2019 Fle
Occupation
Landscaping
Hey future Lightning owners,

I'm the internet manager at a FL dealership. We received an email today from our Ford rep about the upcoming new Super Duty trucks and in it was a mention that 1) Lightning order bank goes live in January 2022 and 2) Lightning production were still set for June 2022.

This was just an email from our rep and not an official bulletin, but since he references specific dates I think he must be citing some specific source.

Just passing along what I received and hope that helps everyone pass the time.
Im gonna cancel my reservation and buy something else. This launch will end up being like the Bronco and I'm not waiting. Good luck everybody ?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Im gonna cancel my reservation and buy something else. This launch will end up being like the Bronco and I'm not waiting. Good luck everybody ?
Awesome! Thank you!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Does that mean I move up one spot in line? Sweet....
Sponsored