• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Jim Farley just said “mass production in Spring” a couple days ago on Twitter, so yeah, might be mid-June for the first ones.
Yeah, I was under the impression production would start by mid spring if they were planning to deliver by the end of spring.

Unfortunately the OP is suggesting production won't even start until June, which means deliveries won't happen until early summer at best.

The tweet you referenced and the info from the OP's dealer don't seem to match.
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Dealers are notoriously misinformed. I would imagine that most people here know more about the features and specs than any sales rep at a dealership.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Yeah, I was under the impression production would start by mid spring if they were planning to deliver by the end of spring.

Unfortunately the OP is suggesting production won't even start until June, which means deliveries won't happen until early summer at best.

We are still being told that Job1 is still scheduled for April.

Sponsored

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
We are still being told that Job1 is still scheduled for April.
Given the usual production ramp-up and OK to Buy timing, customers should begin getting vehicles in June. Your mileage may vary. The tool trial builds have already completed. Vehicles look great. Keep your fingers crossed.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
To me this mirrors the Bronco launch time line a bit except less speculation on pricing. Seems Ford is being tighter lipped about things this time around. I am really looking forward to seeing the Build and Price go live on this truck. I plan on the XL poverty edition and am curious what I will be getting. Not really interested in the XLT or higher trims as those as cost a production delays.

triplej438

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14 Ecoboost F-150 XLT, 21 MachE Premium XAWD
sure-ok.gif

HAHA! This is the first post this "internet manager" has posted lol. I'm not believing this post at all.
Yea....I do the same thing at my dealer and ZERO info. Ford will let reservation holders know before they will let the dealership know based on my experience with the MME BRONCO MAVERICK etc. So why would the Lightning be any different???

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Meanwhile Nissan has already priced out their new EV nor expected until the end of 2022.....Come on Ford release the configurator.

https://www.nissanusa.com/ariya/reserve/platinum+
That looks pretty pricey for what you get. Also why make the base offering FWD? it is not an ICE. Seems just as easy to make a reliable RWD drive train. 0-60 FWD is 7.3sec.. Why? Just awful.

Last edited:

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
That looks pretty pricey for what you get. Also why make the base offering FWD? it is not an ICE. Seems just as easy to make a reliable RWD drive train.
I agree. FWD should be low 30's if they want to go that route. Not really interested in this EV, I am just salty others have already made up their mind on pricing regardless of what comes out of Washington.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I agree. FWD should be low 30's if they want to go that route. Not really interested in this EV, I am just salty others have already made up their mind on pricing regardless of what comes out of Washington.
I share the frustration, but what could be the other reasons Ford is delaying the configurator?

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
It's exactly why they're delaying it which makes it all the more frustrating. Just price it out and let the consumer eat whatever extra comes from the bill.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
I bet the XL now comes in over $42k not the $39974 advertised.

Me doing math.

AWD XL F150 Lighning $39,974 MSRP
- $12000 tax credit
$27974

AWD Lariat (we want cruise) Maverick
$27725 MSRP without 4k tow.

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country
I bet the XL now comes in over $42k not the $39974 advertised.

Me doing math.

AWD XL F150 Lighning $39,974 MSRP
- $12000 tax credit
$27974

AWD Lariat (we want cruise) Maverick
$27725 MSRP without 4k tow.
I hope that tax credit works for you. I
imagine an all-electric Maverick is in the works as well
Sponsored

Last edited: