• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I want to see quarter mile times
I think we all do, but I am far less concerned here vs. the Mach-e GT challenges. It is a truck, not a sports car!

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
I think we all do, but I am far less concerned here vs. the Mach-e GT challenges. It is a truck, not a sports car!
I hear you but making it fast adds to the want factor alot for me since I drive my trucks like they are Ferraris when I'm not working ha

OP
OP
sotek2345

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I hear you but making it fast adds to the want factor alot for me since I drive my trucks like they are Ferraris when I'm not working ha
That sounds like a good way to roll the truck! note: I am somewhat guilty of that myself when I drive the truck after driving my GT350 for awhile. Been a couple times when I went into a corner a little faster than I should have! It can be scary! Not sure I would want to try corner carving with a F150 at Ferrari speeds!

Sponsored

Skynetf150

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150 5.0 customized
Occupation
Construction
That sounds like a good way to roll the truck! note: I am somewhat guilty of that myself when I drive the truck after driving my GT350 for awhile. Been a couple times when I went into a corner a little faster than I should have! It can be scary! Not sure I would want to try corner carving with a F150 at Ferrari speeds!
I lower all my trucks like 6 inches and put them on low profile performance tires makes a huge difference

ekaddo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning,VolvoXC90T6, BMW1250RT
Occupation
Consultant
I do think the familiar platform will help this thing sell (especially fleet vehicles).

" And lastly, even though the Lightning’s acceleration is wholly unlike that of any other full-size pickup, there’s still a sense of normalcy to the whole experience. Any F-150 owner could hop into the Lightning and instantly feel at home. You’re looking out over the same hood, staring at very similar switchgear and screens, plus, you’re handling the same size of vehicle. Its pin-you-back acceleration and respectable track manners are just dessert. "
Sponsored