• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Yesterday the Dems voted to raise the debt limit to 31.4 Trillion. Said they needed to in order to pay the bills. LOL I bet they pass the BBB that’s chock full of more spending (sarcastically stated). It ain’t gonna happen.
This is far more influenced by military spending than anything else Congress does. On the same 10 year timeframe that BBB is debated, military spending approaches 10 Trillion! I am generally pro military but you need to call a spade a spade - that is the where the majority of our discresionary spending goes.

The debt ceiling is a farce anyways. It only exists for political grand standing. They already approved spending the money, they shouldn't have to vote again approve the spending they already approved. Both parties like it though because it draws lot of media attention and lets them grandstand.
Sponsored

Reactions: PCL

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Reactions: PCL

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Who in the world wants medications we can afford, help with childcare so both parents can work (because they HAVE to these days to actually buy a house), etc?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Who in the world wants medications we can afford, help with childcare so both parents can work (because they HAVE to these days to actually buy a house), etc?
That's not the question. The question is whether the government should be providing those services and, in the short term, how will trillions in additional government spending affect inflation. Just because the government claims they can give you something that you want it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
That's not the question. The question is whether the government should be providing those services and, in the short term, how will trillions in additional government spending affect inflation. Just because the government claims they can give you something that you want it doesn't mean it's a good idea.
Trying to not get too political here but universal pre-k (adding 3-4 year olds to schools) is a definite benefit to us as a country purely from an education standpoint. I also like the idea of fair taxation which i think the purposed 7% cap on childcare expenses is. The biggest issue with a big bill like this will always be the price tag, we need a proper tax reform and i personally think it needs to be super simplified. cant have loop holes if everyone just pays a percentage.

As for the EV credits id be lying if i said i wasnt hoping for them. To me its most likely the difference between an XLT ER and a Pro with the only options being a spray in bed liner and cover. That being said i wont be upset if it doesnt work out (i put my reservation in without even thinking about price). maybe in 2025 ill have more room in my budget for the lariat i wanted (wifes car cost more than planned this year).

Sponsored

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Might as well tell Uncle Sam he can pay for my new F150 EV and I'd like a bass boat and a small even if it is used a small jet and a pony.

Guess I'll have to work for all those like I've done my whole life.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Might as well tell Uncle Sam he can pay for my new F150 EV and I'd like a bass boat and a small even if it is used a small jet and a pony.

Guess I'll have to work for all those like I've done my whole life.
I asked for $20M to perform a scientific study that; “Those that go fishing will catch more fish than those that don’t.” Honestly, anyone that has taken/has the time to read over the BBB will quickly realize what a freakin scam this is to the American People. Ye there is some good in there but there is much, much more bad.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
I don't have time now to answer the queries above other than to say it isn't government's job to make people's lives better. It is government's job to provide for the national defense and to provide for public safety and for general services that cannot be obtained through individual effort - we could debate how far that goes with respect to education, transportation, health care, recreation, and user fees and cost sharing with for each (the cost of food inspection is borne by the producers, and therefore consumers, not through tax revenues, for example - same for air safety and traffic control, road construction). It is up to individuals to prepare for and ensure that they have the resources to meet their needs and wants, and for parents to raise and support their children with the expectation that they will obtain the requisite education to meet these goal. Your decision to have a child does not create a right to use the government to effectively come to my house and extract tax dollars at the point of a gun to fund that child's day care, health care, food, housing, clothing or whatever. You want a child, great. Prepare your life in such a way that you can fund the cost of having that child. Society has determined that certain subsidies will accrue to you and that child, such as public education, recreation facilities, and whatever local amenities your municipality may decide to provide - and that is where it should stay - mostly local - because that is the form of government that we have - a federation of states. A decision to have a child does not morally encumber society except in the case of unforeseen disaster where the safety net comes into play - a child requires planning and an ability to see that decision through to the end. To the extent that bad decisions or mistakes occur, we have safety nets, but that is what they are - and they need to be maintained at a level such that when a person or family falls into the net - it is painful - and remains painful.

Being in poverty should be terrible - and a highly incented place from which to recover- the great thing is that we have a society where this is possible except for those with broken circumstances - the "rabid dogs" who through no fault of their own did not get the kind of start in life that allowed them to become functioning, responsible adults, or those who had a bad event or events that caused them to fall away from opportunity. But absent that, government owes us nothing - and certainly not assistance to purchase luxury electric vehicles, geothermal wells, ipads to control HVAC systems, etc. Not that I haven't taken such credits, because if you pay me to do a thing, I may do that very thing, but it is still a moral hazard, and in my view, beyond the purview of government.

The unintended consequences of many, perhaps most government programs, are wide and deep. It is astounding to watch the denial in DC right now regarding the causes of the inflationary spiral that unquestionably came from money-supply driven demand and three huge infusions of cash into consumers' hands. When the programs were approved it was obvious to any economist that, like the laws of gravity, significant inflation would ensue. I wrote that and taught my students this basic truth, showing them the push-here-come-out-there math - it is basic economic science - not at all hard to see this HAD to occur. But politicians chose to say it would not happen, and now that it accelerating, they are in denial that their programs caused it - instead they make up boogeymen - bad, greedy suppliers and oil companies who are price gouging. Um, no House & Senate, it was a direct result of your terrible policies that we have this result. But of course, they will never own their unintended consequence. So in response to the question above about why anyone would oppose the BBB child care program - I would say there are many reasons why it is bad policy - but the main reason is that for the average middle class family, it will certainly do the opposite of its intended outcome - it will both raise the cost of child care by a lot, and it will make it more difficult to obtain.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...1icq8zk9nli&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

https://www.cato.org/blog/build-back-better-childcare-disaster

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Posting this at the risk of provoking another Ayn Rand fever dream post:

There's no chance the BBB bill will pass before Ford opens the F150L order bank on January 5th.

Pure speculation but I doubt BBB will pass at all with the inflation data that's been coming out. The odds are even lower when you account for the inertia associated with a midterm election year.

I think the most we can expect for the F150L is the non-refundable $7500 tax credit, at least until it phases out.

I encourage those who abhor government handouts to abstain from claiming the credit. The phase-out is based on sales, not the number of 8936 forms filed so it won't extend eligibility for the F150L. However, it's important to be consistent in one's beliefs.

Last edited:

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
If you do nothing and pay what your supposed to pay you can't take advantage the tax

How else do you purpose to take the full value of the tax credit if you don't owe the IRS any monies
Be grateful you dont own the IRS any money. Or go out and make more money so you owe them something

Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Posting this at the risk of provoking another Ayn Rand fever dream:

There's no chance the BBB bill will pass before Ford opens the F150L order bank on January 5th.

Pure speculation but I doubt BBB will pass with inflation data that's been coming out. The odds are even lower when you add in the inertia associated with a midterm election year.

I think the most we can expect for the F150L is the non-refundable $7500 tax credit, at least until it phases out.

I encourage those who abhor government handouts to abstain from claiming the credit. The phase-out is based on sales, not the number of 8936 forms filed so it won't extend eligibility for the F150L. However, it's important to be consistent in one's beliefs.
Where did you get January 5th for the opening of the order bank? The live stream only said January 2022 with no commitment to a particular date. January 5th is the big reveal for the Silverado EV!

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Where did you get January 5th for the opening of the order bank? The live stream only said January 2022 with no commitment to a particular date. January 5th is the big reveal for the Silverado EV!
Someone called Ford direct and that’s when the rep said. Posted in one of the many threads that appear to have the same topic here.

bboy_72

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I don't have time now to answer the queries above other than to say it isn't government's job to make people's lives better. It is government's job to provide for the national defense and to provide for public safety and for general services that cannot be obtained through individual effort - we could debate how far that goes with respect to education, transportation, health care, recreation, and user fees and cost sharing with for each (the cost of food inspection is borne by the producers, and therefore consumers, not through tax revenues, for example - same for air safety and traffic control, road construction). It is up to individuals to prepare for and ensure that they have the resources to meet their needs and wants, and for parents to raise and support their children with the expectation that they will obtain the requisite education to meet these goal. Your decision to have a child does not create a right to use the government to effectively come to my house and extract tax dollars at the point of a gun to fund that child's day care, health care, food, housing, clothing or whatever. You want a child, great. Prepare your life in such a way that you can fund the cost of having that child. Society has determined that certain subsidies will accrue to you and that child, such as public education, recreation facilities, and whatever local amenities your municipality may decide to provide - and that is where it should stay - mostly local - because that is the form of government that we have - a federation of states. A decision to have a child does not morally encumber society except in the case of unforeseen disaster where the safety net comes into play - a child requires planning and an ability to see that decision through to the end. To the extent that bad decisions or mistakes occur, we have safety nets, but that is what they are - and they need to be maintained at a level such that when a person or family falls into the net - it is painful - and remains painful.

Being in poverty should be terrible - and a highly incented place from which to recover- the great thing is that we have a society where this is possible except for those with broken circumstances - the "rabid dogs" who through no fault of their own did not get the kind of start in life that allowed them to become functioning, responsible adults, or those who had a bad event or events that caused them to fall away from opportunity. But absent that, government owes us nothing - and certainly not assistance to purchase luxury electric vehicles, geothermal wells, ipads to control HVAC systems, etc. Not that I haven't taken such credits, because if you pay me to do a thing, I may do that very thing, but it is still a moral hazard, and in my view, beyond the purview of government.

The unintended consequences of many, perhaps most government programs, are wide and deep. It is astounding to watch the denial in DC right now regarding the causes of the inflationary spiral that unquestionably came from money-supply driven demand and three huge infusions of cash into consumers' hands. When the programs were approved it was obvious to any economist that, like the laws of gravity, significant inflation would ensue. I wrote that and taught my students this basic truth, showing them the push-here-come-out-there math - it is basic economic science - not at all hard to see this HAD to occur. But politicians chose to say it would not happen, and now that it accelerating, they are in denial that their programs caused it - instead they make up boogeymen - bad, greedy suppliers and oil companies who are price gouging. Um, no House & Senate, it was a direct result of your terrible policies that we have this result. But of course, they will never own their unintended consequence. So in response to the question above about why anyone would oppose the BBB child care program - I would say there are many reasons why it is bad policy - but the main reason is that for the average middle class family, it will certainly do the opposite of its intended outcome - it will both raise the cost of child care by a lot, and it will make it more difficult to obtain.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-...1icq8zk9nli&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

https://www.cato.org/blog/build-back-better-childcare-disaster
Can we please remove this drivel? I am here for news about the Ford F-150 Lightning, not the Unibomber’s treatise.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma