• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The billionaire tax is dead. I think they should push the previously voted and approved 1.5 billion infrastructure bill and move on.
We all have our opinions, but that would mean no EV tax credit for the majority of Lightning buyers and less public charging stations for us to use.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
We all have our opinions, but that would mean no EV tax credit for the majority of Lightning buyers and less public charging stations for us to use.
I was under impression that public charging stuff was a part of the infrastructure bill.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I was under impression that public charging stuff was a part of the infrastructure bill.
There are some yes...but its a drop in the bucket compared to what is needed for wide EV adoption. The real meat was going to be in the reconciliation bill under the topic of combatting climate change vs infrastructure.

Sponsored

ShirBlackspots

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Ford F-150 XLT 5.4L
My mom believes that we don't need ANY of the big infrastructure bill, because SHE believes it'll take our freedoms away (parents watch Fox News, because Dad tends to watch it half the day)

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
My mom believes that we don't need ANY of the big infrastructure bill, because SHE believes it'll take our freedoms away (parents watch Fox News, because Dad tends to watch it half the day)
Smart parents! They are certainly not alone, Fox News has been the best and most popular news station for 25 years.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your mom is smart. How can our economy be roaring according to Psaki and yet we need to spend more on social programs? Both cannot be true.
They can when you have an economy that works for the richest 1% and screws everyone else. You can when the CEO to worker pay ratio is 351 to 1 (in 2020..up from 69 to 1 in 1989).

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well...some news this morning.. https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/infrastructure-spending-bill-biden-10-28-21/index.html

(Fox news is also reporting Biden is working hard to get something before his Europe trip)

Of particular note:
" On climate, the framework includes clean energy tax credits for Americans installing rooftop solar panels, an electric vehicle tax credit, and tax credits for clean energy production. It will also create a civilian climate corps. The moves, the third official said, “represents the largest-ever single investment in our clean energy economy” and will put the US in position to achieve Biden’s goal of 50 to 52 percent emissions reductions relative to 2005 levels by 2030."

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Early rumors are the $12,500 EV credit is in the framework--
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/ev-tax-credit-increase-12500-biden-build-back-better/

Nothing set in stone but a good sign. As an aside-- everything I saw early indicated the credit would be a Point of sale rebate that was a refundable credit(i.e. you could claim it no matter what your tax liability). Also, no details on any income limits and/or MSRP limits.

Stay tuned...

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I wonder which freedoms she thinks will be stripped away by this bill? Unless your parents are billionaires, then I totally understand her anger.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
Simple, his mom doesn't want to be victimized by robinhood. Taking your hard earned money is stripping the most important freedom of all.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm low on popcorn watching the USS Democrat sink below the waves today. Apparently, it was hit by the USS Progressive late last night.
Enjoy your popcorn while you can

Both the Infrastructure and Reconciliation will get done..if not today then soon.
Sponsored