• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
Remember the wise words of Keanu Reeves when reading internet discussions: “I’m at that stage in my life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you’re right! Have fun.” I promise you your life will be better and more productive if you heed his words. (Not that this is a hellsite, far from it.)

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I promise you your life will be better and more productive if you heed his words. (Not that this is a hellsite, far from it.)
You do realize that you just revived a month-old controversial discussion just to recommend that people stay out of controversial discussions? ?

Was happy that the controversy about dealer prioritization, reservation flippers and waves took the wind out of the tax credit arguments for a while.

RidetheLightning

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max Energi,'22 F150L Plat 8/1 build date
You do realize that you just revived a month-old controversial discussion just to recommend that people stay out of controversial discussions? ?
oh no, my apologies. . . I don’t always find the forum layout easy to navigate so it looked recent, admittedly I was in a hurry and did not check dates. Sorry for the month old hot take!

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
oh no, my apologies. . . I don’t always find the forum layout easy to navigate so it looked recent, admittedly I was in a hurry and did not check dates. Sorry for the month old hot take!
Haha would be worth posting that advice in some of the other crazy active threads though!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

Sponsored

Nick Gerteis

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F-150, 2015 Nissan Leaf, Lightning preordered
Occupation
Letter carrier

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Yep, that's the problem. It's always talks with these bloated asshats, especially as you approach election cycles.

OP
OP
Sdctcher

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Farmer/Hillbilly
Yeah, they have been TALKED about for a while now…. no action….
Times have changed since the start of this thread with increasing component shortages creating inventory backlogs, real and possible future inflation lowering manufacturing profits at stated MSRP, and political games greatly lowering the chances of compromise as elections approach.

The Ukraine-Russia War continues to create EV parts shortages as factories shut down. Things like Neon gas for chip manufacture, wiring harnesses, nickel, lithium, and other precious battery components, are all in short supply or have been grossly priced by some market investors.

In reality, EV Tax Credits or Rebates will do little to get more vehicles into the hands of consumers. We all want some free money but passing new laws will do nothing except increase the wealth of a lucky few. Even if a law were to be passed this year it would probably not be effective before January 1, 2023.

If you are one who has or gets a Lightning Lottery Ticket during 2022 you had better hope you can align your finances the rest of this year to claim the up-to $7,500 Federal Tax Credit on next year's tax return. Of course, this does not take into account possible State or Local credits (I get none in Kentucky).

The bright sides of this whole problem are that Used Car prices will stay elevated on your "trade-in" for another year and Ford's phase-out on the EV Tax Credit may well extend well into 2023.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I for one am very happy that all of the taxpayers are going to help me buy a truck. If there wasn't an incentive, I wouldn't be buying the truck, so thank you everybody who pays taxes on here! I love every single taxpayer funded thing I can qualify for and always take advantage, and always will, everybody else should as well!

Anybody that gets angry about it, well just take a look at our defense budget and other monies we send to foreign governments or waste on things that never come to fruition. The taxpayer funded expenditures that actually help US citizens dwarf in comparison, it's actually a little bit sad to a point.
As a taxpayer, I am happy to help you buy the truck, and take the tax credit for mine. The amount of the tax credit is largely offset by the societal cost (environmental and health impacts) of the CO2 emissions saved vs. running and ICE truck (which racks out somewhere around 400/yr. minimum (for 12,000 miles/yr.) based on the best information google can find for me) - good investment in my book.

https://news.umich.edu/study-greate...ification-than-for-other-light-duty-vehicles/

https://www.edf.org/true-cost-carbon-pollution

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I for one am very happy that all of the taxpayers are going to help me buy a truck. If there wasn't an incentive, I wouldn't be buying the truck, so thank you everybody who pays taxes on here! I love every single taxpayer funded thing I can qualify for and always take advantage, and always will, everybody else should as well!

Anybody that gets angry about it, well just take a look at our defense budget and other monies we send to foreign governments or waste on things that never come to fruition. The taxpayer funded expenditures that actually help US citizens dwarf in comparison, it's actually a little bit sad to a point.
I know someone else got something from the government, so now I need something from the government!

Nothing could possibly go wrong if we all act this way! We're entitled to stuff!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update: As the end of April, Ford sold 10,500 Mach E and 1500 E Transit EVs..bringing the 2022 yearly total sold to ~12,000.
US: Ford Mustang Mach-E Sales Reached A New Record In April 2022 (insideevs.com)

If we add that to the 159,588 sold up to 12/31/2021....the magic number is now sitting around 171,588.
IRC 30D – Plug-In Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit Quarterly Sales | Internal Revenue Service (irs.gov)

As a reminder under the current EV tax credit rules, the credits will begin to phase out the 2nd quarter AFTER Ford reaches 200k EVs sold. Based on the current rate that's probably q3 or possibly q4 this year. That means the credit would possibly still be in play at the full rate for all of 2022 deliveries and possibly the beginning of the 2023 deliveries.

Notes: The 2022 total does NOT include sales of Ford escape/Lincoln Corsair PHEVs which count towards the 200k limit..altough the numbers appear to be low. Timing assumes Ford stays of the order of roughly 15k Lightnings for MY 22.

Here's to hoping an extension/expansion is approved in Congress...

teaguem32

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER LARIAT SQM
So I live in Arizona. My electric company offers a rebate for an ev charger and instillation. I have a Lariat ER So the charger pro came with the truck, or a week after actually, to file the rebate they want a purchase receipt for the charger. They will not accept the truck purchase. Any thoughts?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
So I live in Arizona. My electric company offers a rebate for an ev charger and instillation. I have a Lariat ER So the charger pro came with the truck, or a week after actually, to file the rebate they want a purchase receipt for the charger. They will not accept the truck purchase. Any thoughts?
If you don't need the charge station pro features, then sell it to fund getting a different evse installed and then you'll have the necessary paperwork.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you don't need the charge station pro features, then sell it to fund getting a different evse installed and then you'll have the necessary paperwork.

This^^

If you don't need the home integration and/or 80A charging then there are better, cheaper EVSEs out there than the Ford unit.

I just received my chargepoint home unit in the mail, ~$775 with shipping and tax. I plan to sell the Ford unit when it eventually arrives. I do not need/want the Home integration and don't need 80A. (I plan to hardwire the chargepoint to charge at 48A)
Sponsored