• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Wow!

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Snagged before its brough down.

PA Lightning

First Name
Tbone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro
Love it. A lot of good info. Most interesting thing I found so far that I have not seen before is that you cannot flat tow the Lightning. Some motor home owners may be unhappy.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Well that confirmed the typo on the build and price for Unique rear lightbar on XLT 312 package

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning eSourceBook – 146 Pages of Info! Screenshot_20220126-213906

Sponsored

rtw819

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150L Lariat ER, '23 MME Sel AWD, '19 Niro EV
Over 100 pages information and the max tow package details are still just: "Increased trailer towing capacity"
I don't remember where I saw it last, but read that the Max Tow package includes additional cooling/components for the motors/batteries which obviously generate more heat for heavy towing.

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030
Awesome information. Thanks for sharing.

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
I learned a few things
- Apparently your key fob will auto lock/unlock? Love this feature in my bolt as I can keep my keys in pocket at all times.. Here is what is says under standard pro features: "Door locks — power with flip key and integrated key transmitter keyless entry (incl. autolock)"

I also learned a few more things the XLT has standard over the Pro: (for all the XLT haters)
  • accessory delay
  • front parking sensors
  • tailgate power lock
  • push button start
  • power adjustable pedals
  • rear defroster
  • illuminated entry
For me the tailgate power lock and front sensors are pretty great news as I have XLT on order.

Sponsored

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
So the Lightning has the active air dam…thought maybe it did but I had not seen it listed anywhere before.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
So the Lightning has the active air dam…thought maybe it did but I had not seen it listed anywhere before.
I saw that too. Wondering if it on all models.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
I learned a few things
- Apparently your key fob will auto lock/unlock? Love this feature in my bolt as I can keep my keys in pocket at all times.. Here is what is says under standard pro features: "Door locks — power with flip key and integrated key transmitter keyless entry (incl. autolock)"
I understand “keyless entry” to mean you use to fob to push the unlock button. Not the key in your pocket touch the door handle and it unlocks keyless. I believe that’s “Intelligent access” that requires the 312 package.

“auto lock” means the truck will lock once you start moving, at 4mph.

I hope I’m wrong because that’s the #1 request from my wife and I don’t want to spend $8-10k more for it

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning SR, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
I saw that too. Wondering if it on all models.
I think it must…it’s got to factor into the EPA rating so I would think it would have to be on all trim levels.

cts888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Ford Escape
I understand “keyless entry” to mean you use to fob to push the unlock button. Not the key in your pocket touch the door handle and it unlocks keyless. I believe that’s “Intelligent access” that requires the 312 package.

“auto lock” means the truck will lock once you start moving, at 4mph.

I hope I’m wrong because that’s the #1 request from my wife and I don’t want to spend $8-10k more for it
Damnit you might be right. Once you have the feature its hard to imagine going back. I always forget to lock my wifes SUV when i drive it.
Sponsored