• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

EVBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Volt, 2018 GS Corvette, 22 Lightning bw 5/9
Occupation
Engineering Manager
With this indicating that 55 amps is available for 12V accessories, it appears that putting a snow plow on the truck will not be possible. Typically a hydraulic pump for lifting the blade can pull 150-200 amps directly from the 12V battery that would significantly exceed the 55 amps available. Will be interesting if any solutions can be developed once they are out in the real world.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
With this indicating that 55 amps is available for 12V accessories, it appears that putting a snow plow on the truck will not be possible. Typically a hydraulic pump for lifting the blade can pull 150-200 amps directly from the 12V battery that would significantly exceed the 55 amps available. Will be interesting if any solutions can be developed once they are out in the real world.
You could always use a manual / unpowered plow, though I know not many use those.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Could you install an auxiliary battery and AC-to-DC converter in the frunk?

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Using the supplied 12V source does seem to be dismal for almost any upfit.

Since the truck has 120VAC in frunk it might be possible to use it or maintain a charge in an additional separate deep cycle battery for almost any use.

Wonder if the AC is available when in drive?

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Using the supplied 12V source does seem to be dismal for almost any upfit.

Since the truck has 120VAC in frunk it might be possible to use it or maintain a charge in an additional separate deep cycle battery for almost any use.

Wonder if the AC is available when in drive?
So far that have states that it is.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Easy enough, just put in an auxiliary battery bank and regulate the charge it can draw from the truck. Much like my boat. It has a house bank that is deep cycle for electronics and lights but a separate crank battery for the motor. Just put a high amp battery in the frunk dedicated to service the plow.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
55 amps is more than enough to run aftermarket seat heaters and my ARB fridge.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
If one has AC power in frunk why bother with 12vdc?

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
Most vehicle accessories run on 12vdc.

I wonder how the 12v system would handle additional amplifiers. The duty cycle of an amplifier is generally very low, so the load of even a 1000w amp might only be 100-150w on average, even at decently loud listening. Blasting sine waves would raise that number a bit, but it should still be under the 660w threshold. The 12v battery will still provide a buffer for surges. Running hydraulics and/or a winch could exhaust the buffering capacity of the 12v battery almost immediately.

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
Based on the picture can someone tell the approx size of the battery? H5 or H6 ? I am wondering thks

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Electrical System Overview – w/ 12v Battery, Power and Ground Points Screenshot_20220321-130847

Lui

First Name
lui
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 lightning
The reason i am asking is because i am planning to change the 12v battery to a lithium ion 12v battery. I found that the lead-lithium ratio is 9:5. So if 55amp lead that will be around 30amp lithium. Please correct me if i am wrong. Want to increase range, even 1% or 2% is ok for me

Other ideas. Remove spare tire around 100lbs (for city drive) and put it back for long trips
Add a bestop or soft tooper cover to reduce drag
Change tires from 20" to 18" or even 17"

My calculations got me around 5% to 10% range increase. I will make a YouTube video to show my findings

336 to 352 miles increase is not bad at all

What r ur thoughts
Sponsored