• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Dominates Twitter Interest in EV Truck Market f150-lightning-twitter-ev-truck-interest-across-the-us

According to the map above which reflects the most recent 90-days Twitter engagement data, the F-150 Lightning is dominating Twitter in user's interest in the EV truck market in the United States.

The data includes over 130k tweets, hashtags and keyword searches for: Ford F-150 Lightning, Rivian R1T, Hummer EV and Cybertruck. Other lesser popular models included Bollinger B2, Atlis XT, etc.

Here are the results of the EV trucks which garnered the most interest by state:

Ford F-150 Lightning - 28 states
GMC Hummer EV - 10 states
Rivian R1T - 8 states
Tesla Cybertruck - 4 states
Sponsored

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
I think GM really did themselves in with making the hummer such a low volume expensive/unattainable vehicle. Even if it was raptor/trx price range they’d make a killing with it

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
I think GM making their first EV truck low volume was a good idea as it helps them mature the platform before mass market. Let the rich folks deal with first gen issues.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Once they find out deliveries will start at the end of 2022/beginning 2023 the research will stop. I think a lot of people searching were looking for the order date and Spring delivery.

Clean150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
Ford has successfully dominated the first to market campaign. They have no choice but be first or lose that advantage. Now Ford just has to manage whatever GM does and deliver before they do.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
Ford wasn't first to market - Rivian was. Ford has made announcements and allowed reservations, but orders haven't even been placed. Rivian is producing trucks and delivering them to buyers. That being said, production capability of Rivian is below what most were hoping for. The same thing can be said about Ford if they really only produce 15K the first year, but again they need to actually start orders and deliveries. The 2022 hybrid F-150 is looking more and more appealing for me, as my Lightning reservation number is around 40,000.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Ford wasn't first to market - Rivian was. Ford has made announcements and allowed reservations, but orders haven't even been placed. Rivian is producing trucks and delivering them to buyers. That being said, production capability of Rivian is below what most were hoping for. The same thing can be said about Ford if they really only produce 15K the first year, but again they need to actually start orders and deliveries. The 2022 hybrid F-150 is looking more and more appealing for me, as my Lightning reservation number is around 40,000.
Rivian hasn't delivered to anyone outside of Employees yet, so Ford is still in the race (though I think they will lose)

Clean150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
No one said Ford was first to market.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
No one said Ford was first to market.
Failing to see how Ford has dominated the first to market CAMPAIGN if they haven't delivered anything yet. So far, its just advertising. I'm not seeing a difference between first to market and first to market campaign.....except advertising. Agreed that ford has spent almost an infinite amount more than Rivian on advertising. Rivian spent almost nothing on advertising and were in the news repeatedly for delivering vehicles and going public.

My negativity comes realizing my high hopes of owning a lightning in 2022 is looking more like mid 2023.

Clean150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Ford Escape Hybrid
Failing to see how Ford has dominated the first to market CAMPAIGN if they haven't delivered anything yet. So far, its just advertising. I'm not seeing a difference between first to market and first to market campaign.....except advertising. Agreed that ford has spent almost an infinite amount more than Rivian on advertising. Rivian spent almost nothing on advertising and were in the news repeatedly for delivering vehicles and going public.

My negativity comes realizing my high hopes of owning a lightning in 2022 is looking more like mid 2023.
To me the thread is a marketing based topic, regional and cultural topics are there as well whatever floats your boat. It’s interesting to think about. My first thought is how effective Ford’s basic strategy of being perceived as first to market has been thus far.
Best of luck on coping with the wait.
Sponsored