• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

TheOne

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I noticed that Ford didn't let it slip out early that the new EV F-150 would be named Lighting. I guess they learned their lesson after letting it out that the new EV suv would be named Mach1.
Sponsored

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
An Electric F150 sounds awesome!

...unless you live in CA where they already can't keep the power on year round due to our wonderful "green energy" fantasy.

Oh... and BTW, the State of CA already FINES me $75.00 every month for going over my "allotted energy usage". Imagine what that would be if I were trying to charge my F150 "Lightning" so I could get to work in the morning!

Ford should call their new truck the "Ford F150 Utopia".

150ish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Inspector Gadget
Damn, I should really wait on this o_O
I had the same thought as you. Then I figured by the time I'm ready to trade my Powerboost in, the electric version would have plenty of time to get all the bugs out.

Sponsored

kenpitt

First Name
ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150
Occupation
retired
Not me… living in a fairly remote place calls for way more than a 300 mile range. I’m not convinced that an EV will preform very well at -40
I think you are correct in your thinking.

SBrentnall

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.daxiadigital.com
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Occupation
Digital Marketing

Dave55N

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 highlander, 2007 Ranger
I'm with you on the range issue. With regard to temperature, Tesla is the best-selling car in Norway, so I think they should be OK there (but probably with some drop in range).

https://electrek.co/2020/02/11/tesla-model-3-arctic-circle-winter/
Interesting article. I don’t think the infrastructure is here (where I live) yet to justify the purchase of one. A lot of people here drive 350 miles one way into the middle of nowhere for hunting, fishing and camping. That’s a little different then driving city to city on the highway with stops in between.
I’m really interested in how the lightning will preform as a work truck and not just a commuter vehicle.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
An Electric F150 sounds awesome!

...unless you live in CA where they already can't keep the power on year round due to our wonderful "green energy" fantasy.
In my experience the power cuts are due to wildfires, not transitioning some energy to renewables (which you seem to be alluding to?).

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
In my experience the power cuts are due to wildfires, not transitioning some energy to renewables (which you seem to be alluding to?).
"Rolling Blackouts" aren't to prevent wildfires.

You're talking about "Public Safety Power Shutoff" (PSPS).

Look it up.

Sponsored
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat, Mustang, Audi S5
Ford F-150 Lightning Name Will Return for Electric Pickup
Ford's upcoming electric F-150 will bear the same name as V-8–powered street trucks from the '90s and early 2000s.
By Connor Hoffman
Apr 30, 2021
fordlightning-1619809091.jpg?crop=0.jpg

Illustration by Car and Driver/FordCar and Driver
  • Ford's upcoming electric pickup truck will be called the F-150 Lightning.
  • The name was first seen on the V-8–powered SVT F-150 Lightning from the 1990s.
  • The new electric truck will have a dual-motor setup with all-wheel drive and arrive next year.
Ford's new electric pickup truck will be named the F-150 Lightning, according to a Ford document provided to Car and Driver. It's a name that was first seen on the SVT F-150 Lightning street truck that was introduced for 1993 on the ninth-generation truck and then followed on the 10th generation. The electric Ford F-150 Lightning will go on sale in the middle of next year.

er-photo-9750-s-original-1619809809.jpg?crop=1xw:0.jpg

2001 Ford SVT F-150 Lightning

The document shows the new name alongside a reference to the Mustang Mach-E electric crossover and E-Transit electric cargo van. When we reached out to Ford to confirm, a spokesperson responded that "we're excited to introduce the all-electric F-150 very soon, but we don't comment on speculation about future products."

Ford drew a lot of attention when it applied the Mustang name to its first electric crossover, and now the electric version of its best selling pickup will revive a legendary nameplate from V-8–powered street trucks. Ford sold 787,422 F-Series trucks last year, and the new electric model will go against other upcoming electric pickups such as the GMC Hummer EV Pickup, electric Chevy Silverado, and Tesla Cybertruck—all of which claim more than 350 miles of range.

Ford hasn't released many details on the F-150 Lightning's powertrain, but it will have a dual-motor setup providing all-wheel drive. Ford says the electric F-150 will provide more horsepower and torque and the fastest acceleration of any F-150 currently on the market. That means it'll have more than 450 horsepower and do zero to 60 mph in less than 5.0 seconds. In our 2001 test, the SVT F-150 Lightning launched to 60 mph in 5.2 seconds on its way to a 13.8-second quarter mile at 104 mph.

We expect the F-150 Lightning's battery pack to provide more than 300 miles of range since the longest-range Mustang Mach-E is EPA-rated at 305 miles of driving range. Ford also patented a removal range extender that could go in the truck's bed.

The Ford F-150 Lighting and its batteries will be produced at a new electric vehicle facility at Ford's Rouge Center in Dearborn, Michigan. It will arrive in mid-2022.
Obviously.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning = Confirmed Name of the F-150 Electric Pickup! 1620703083563
Sponsored