Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Ordered mine in September, Got my VIN in December and was built On January 21st. Still no movement on the tracker but thats to be expected. Heres mine:

Model Information
  • Lariat
  • 4X4
  • 3.5L PowerBoost Full Hybrid V6 Engine
  • Hybrid Electronic Ten-Speed Automatic Transmission
Exterior
  • 3.73 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
  • Accent-Color Angular Step Bars
  • 275/60R20 BSW all-terrain tires (A/T)
  • Lariat
  • 20" Six-Spoke Dark Alloy Painted Wheels
  • Lead Foot
Interior
  • B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio and SiriusXM Radio
  • Leather-Trimmed 40/Console/40 Front Seats
  • Black
  • SYNC 4
Accessories
  • Interior Work Surface
  • LED Side-Mirror Spotlights
  • Tailgate Step
  • Color-coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Matching Floor Mats
  • Tailgate Power Release and Close
  • Pro Power Onboard – 2.4KW
  • Engine Block Heater
  • Remote Start System
  • Spare Tire 265/70/18 A/T
  • LED Fog Lamps
  • Privacy Glass
  • Intelligent Access with Push-Button Start (incl. Approach Detection and SecuriCode™ Keyless-Entry Keypad, Driver's Side)
  • Integrated Trailer Brake Controller
  • Power-Sliding Rear-Window
  • Partitioned lockable fold-flat storage
  • LED Box Lighting
  • Wheel Well Liner
  • Cruise Control
  • Reverse Sensing System
  • Bedliner – Tough Bed spray-in
  • BoxLink™
  • Rear-Window Defroster
Packages
  • 360-Degree Camera Package
  • Max Trailer Tow Package
  • Power Equipment Group
  • Ford Co-Pilot360™ 2.0
  • Lariat Sport Appearance Package
  • Mid 501A
Gonna be sharp!
Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
@Knickell Thats the plan! Eventually I will get a level lift and bigger tires, but for now just gonna use the factory tires unless they prove horrible on our MN winter roads. My '13 platinum I went through 2 sets of tires in about 2.5 years. I admit *some* of the blame was on my driving, however lots of gravel driving during hunting season didn't help either. :LOL:

MDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I'm making the jump from a 2000 F150 Lariat to a 2021 Lariat! The 20 yr old truck has been a good one, but it's time for a new one. Ordered in November. Thank you Granger for providing me with a price to be matched (local dealer agreed to match Granger's price). Scheduled (according to my dealer) to be built next week. I've had a VIN since late November, but no changes on tracker since then.

SuperCrew 5 1/2'
Stone Gray (saw a couple of 2020 F150s on the lot in this color and my wife and I both liked it - different, but nice!)
4x4 (mandatory during the winter here)
3.5 Ecoboost
High 502A (heated and COOLED seats! Woohoo!)
Max Trailer Tow Package (I pull a camper occasionally - looking forward to some of these features)
FX4 Off-Road Package (Colorado hunting / exploring)

My wife's Subaru has the Adaptive Cruise Control, and I HAD to have this in the new truck. We both love this feature.

In addition to pulling the popup camper, I have made a number of trips with my old Lariat with my ATV in the bed (6.5'). I'll be checking to see if I can do the same with the 5.5' bed (tailgate down).

Hoping to get it before the end of February. In' the meantime, I'm thankful to have found this forum / group. Good info and friendly conversation!

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
I'm making the jump from a 2000 F150 Lariat to a 2021 Lariat! The 20 yr old truck has been a good one, but it's time for a new one. Ordered in November. Thank you Granger for providing me with a price to be matched (local dealer agreed to match Granger's price). Scheduled (according to my dealer) to be built next week. I've had a VIN since late November, but no changes on tracker since then.

SuperCrew 5 1/2'
Stone Gray (saw a couple of 2020 F150s on the lot in this color and my wife and I both liked it - different, but nice!)
4x4 (mandatory during the winter here)
3.5 Ecoboost
High 502A (heated and COOLED seats! Woohoo!)
Max Trailer Tow Package (I pull a camper occasionally - looking forward to some of these features)
FX4 Off-Road Package (Colorado hunting / exploring)

My wife's Subaru has the Adaptive Cruise Control, and I HAD to have this in the new truck. We both love this feature.

In addition to pulling the popup camper, I have made a number of trips with my old Lariat with my ATV in the bed (6.5'). I'll be checking to see if I can do the same with the 5.5' bed (tailgate down).

Hoping to get it before the end of February. In' the meantime, I'm thankful to have found this forum / group. Good info and friendly conversation!
Welcome to the Lounge! That Stone Gray is going to be a great color for sure!

Sponsored

mrtrav

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Here's my buildout, expecting to be built next week, although I am eagerly refreshing the website seeing when the window sticker will get created:

2021 Lariat F150
  • 4x4 SuperCrew
  • 502a High Package
  • 3.5L PowerBoost
  • Agate Black
  • Max Trailer Tow Package
  • Power Tow Mirrors
  • 360 Degree Cameras
  • Lariat Sport Appearance
  • 20" Dark Alloy Painted Wheels
  • Power Tailgate
  • Power-Deployable Running Boards
  • Spray-In Liner
  • Twin-Panel Moonroof
  • Interior Work Surface

Plan on having the dealer swap out the tires for BFG KO2's and will have the windows tinted to probably something like 20%. Once I get it in I also plan on getting the Bakflip MX4. Beyond that, I eagerly await aftermarket vendors to start getting their 2021 parts available.

I would love to throw a small lift or leveling kit on it, but I tow my boat to the lake often in the summer months and don't want to compromise towing quality with a lift/level.

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
Lariat Lounge is where it’s at, for sure. Just one request:

I need you guys to tell me it’s not worth upgrading my order to the 502a from 501 just for a heated steering wheel. That’s really all I’d care about in that package (I think). But it was cold this morning, and I thought of how nice it would be to have. Am I crazy? ?
I'm in your boat with a 501. If you got a sport or chrome package it's about a $3000 upgrade for a heated steering wheel and projector dynamic headlamps. I have a Hybrid Escape Titanium with a heated steering wheel which is nice here in Buffalo but not 3000 nice. I did move up to the Lariat from my current XLT because of the 12" productivity screen with the cool graphics. So that screen cost me 5k, so I guess it is which features you want- not need - that make us part with our money.

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Here's my build. It's going to replace a 2001 Tacoma AND a 2003 BMW. It should have the ride of the BMW and the hauling ability of the Tacoma. Best of both worlds.

Ordered On 10/19/2020

Lariat
4X2
High 502A
2.7L V6 EcoBoost with Auto Start-Stop Technology Engine
3.55 Electronic Locking Axle Ratio
Chrome Angular Step Bar
265/60R18 BSW All-Season Tires
18" Chrome-Like PVD Wheels
Antimatter Blue Metallic
Medium Dark Slate
Partitioned lockable fold-flat storage
Wheel Well Liner
Tonneau Pickup Box Cover – Hard Folding
Bedliner – Tough Bed spray-in
Color-coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Matching Floor Mats
Class IV Trailer Hitch
Ford Co-Pilot360™ Assist 2.0
Lariat Chrome Appearance Package

Aaron34

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Platinum PB (on order 1/3/23)
Occupation
Aircraft Dispatcher
I'm in your boat with a 501. If you got a sport or chrome package it's about a $3000 upgrade for a heated steering wheel and projector dynamic headlamps. I have a Hybrid Escape Titanium with a heated steering wheel which is nice here in Buffalo but not 3000 nice. I did move up to the Lariat from my current XLT because of the 12" productivity screen with the cool graphics. So that screen cost me 5k, so I guess it is which features you want- not need - that make us part with our money.
Thanks for that. This is what I’ve come up with too. $3k for the heated wheel, the upgraded projector bendy headlights, and heated seats in the rear. The latter two are nice, but not required. All I’d really WANT is the heated wheel. Ugh.

I moved up to the Lariat for the leather seats, upgraded interior and dash, and power folding mirrors. I think there’s a lot more value in that difference than the added cost going from 501 to 502, personally.

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
Ordered On 10/19/2020
Beautiful sounding build! I’m also leaving behind a sportier car (2018 Audi RS3) for the spacious comfort.

What is the progress of your truck so far? I see quite a few order dates from many months ago. Should I abandon hope of the 8-12 week production estimate. I ordered on 1/19/21.

Sponsored

rikker

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Lariat Sport PB, 20 Escape Titanium Hybrid
Occupation
Distributor/Dirt Mover
Thanks for that. This is what I’ve come up with too. $3k for the heated wheel, the upgraded projector bendy headlights, and heated seats in the rear. The latter two are nice, but not required. All I’d really WANT is the heated wheel. Ugh.

I moved up to the Lariat for the leather seats, upgraded interior and dash, and power folding mirrors. I think there’s a lot more value in that difference than the added cost going from 501 to 502, personally.
The heated seats in the back also mean nothing to me. In the 5+ years I've had my 2015 XLT SuperCab not Crew I have never had anybody in the back seat. I like the behind the seat storage. But I really wanted the Powerboost and generator so I was forced to buy a SuperCrew with a short 5.5 bed to fit in my garage.

Ritchie457

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Beautiful sounding build! I’m also leaving behind a sportier car (2018 Audi RS3) for the spacious comfort.

What is the progress of your truck so far? I see quite a few order dates from many months ago. Should I abandon hope of the 8-12 week production estimate. I ordered on 1/19/21.
I heard from the dealer that the build is scheduled for the first part of Feb with delivery sometime in March.

N1TJ

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat EB 4x4 - Oxford White
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller • USAF Veteran
I heard from the dealer that the build is scheduled for the first part of Feb with delivery sometime in March.
Nearly 5 months but I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. From everything I’ve read it really seems like they got a slow start but are progressively picking up the pace, assuming the supplies are available.

I can’t wait to get my Velocity Blue 3.5L EB Lariat! Be sure to show us yours when it makes it in. ?

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Lariat Lounge is where it’s at, for sure. Just one request:

I need you guys to tell me it’s not worth upgrading my order to the 502a from 501 just for a heated steering wheel. That’s really all I’d care about in that package (I think). But it was cold this morning, and I thought of how nice it would be to have. Am I crazy? ?
This is how Ford tries to get you! I am in the same boat, only reason I would move up to 502a is because of the heated steering. That is a must have!

The other one that makes me want to move to Platinum is the wireless charging (why can't they just make this standard with 502 since you get wireless Android Auto?!) but at least that one there might be an aftermarket solution for..

Sigh...

First Name
Elvis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram Limited 1500
Occupation
Product Designer
Nearly 5 months but I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait. From everything I’ve read it really seems like they got a slow start but are progressively picking up the pace, assuming the supplies are available.

I can’t wait to get my Velocity Blue 3.5L EB Lariat! Be sure to show us yours when it makes it in. ?
Agree, I am on the fence whether I want Agate Black, Velocity Blue, or Whites.. I gotta see more leveled Blues with 34s! :)
Sponsored