Sponsored

Diacritical

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Hybrid
Auto start/stop is one of my favorite features on my F-150. I've sat in traffic for hours without burning fuel except as necessary to keep the system charged. Saves pollution, saves fuel, less time on the engine in idle… all good.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
My long awaiting Platinum PowerBoost ordered from February 1st, 2022 is finally shipped last week. This by no means is what I would hope to be returning on all the features currently missing features. In fact it the least and not wanted…Sad
Ummmmm
Your Powerboost is the posterchild of auto stop/start. :)

And Ironically, it does NOT have the auto stop/start that is being discussed. It never has had it, and it's never been deleted.

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Auto start/stop is one of my favorite features on my F-150. I've sat in traffic for hours without burning fuel except as necessary to keep the system charged. Saves pollution, saves fuel, less time on the engine in idle… all good.
Maybe it's regional? I haven't sat in traffic for hours here in MN in about 15 years. Now after Covid with fewer cars on the road its just so rare.

I can't stand it and am glad my 2022 doesn't have it. My last F150 had it and was easily to disable. For someone who pulls up to a light and then is moving again in a few seconds it's just unnecessary wear and tear, especially on the timing chains.

Sponsored

nickgambo

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonized Gray 2023 Lariat 501A 5.0L SAP
Occupation
Program Coordinator
Based on the banner of the post, it seems like there’s a button to disable it? Or is it programmed into the engine at that point and there’s no physical button to disable? I’m ordering a V8 and I’m not sure how I feel about start/stop. The car I’m currently driving has it and I disabled it day one lol

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
If your truck's battery is low from not driving it much or if it's in deep sleep mode I believe the auto-stop/start is one of the first things that stops working. The approach lights and interior lights are other things that might stop working with a low battery.
Ah that explains it, kind of, I get deep sleep mode notification on my FordPass app occasionally but it's only been happening a little over 3 mos but I digress battery probably needs replacing and I don't drive much, maybe at most 5 days a week rarely over 20 miles each time. I have just under 7,100 miles getting closer to 2 years old

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Ah that explains it, kind of, I get deep sleep mode notification on my FordPass app occasionally but it's only been happening a little over 3 mos but I digress battery probably needs replacing and I don't drive much, maybe at most 5 days a week rarely over 20 miles each time. I have just under 7,100 miles getting closer to 2 years old
I drive a little less than you so I put mine on a tender. However, I have the auto start/stop delete so I don't have to deal with that when it's fully charged up. That's the first thing I turn off in my wife's Honda Pilot. In fact we just received a letter from Honda earlier this week about problems with the start/stop which once it shuts off, sometimes it doesn't automatically start back up. It can't be good for the starter either. I don't mess with Forscan, but that would be the first thing I disabled. The next would be the annoying double-honk.

94GT

First Name
Mat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 302A, FX4; 2021 Mustang GT PP
It's pretty great on the PowerBoost, but I hated it on my Ranger. Totally worth the $50 for Forscan and turning it off, permanently.
Do you have a link to the Forscan instructions to disable it? I looked for a while and never found a working solution.

Sponsored

mazeppa

First Name
Y = X/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 XL F150 2.7 4x4 RCLB
Ordered this for my truck that was on order before I knew the Auto-Start-Stop was going to be deleted, now maybe I can sell or give it a away to someone that wants it.

Ford F-150 F-150 gets back Auto Start/Stop feature starting on 3/24/23 SSE_21_F150_SW_Branded_Labeled__16926

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Ummmmm
Your Powerboost is the posterchild of auto stop/start. :)

And Ironically, it does NOT have the auto stop/start that is being discussed. It never has had it, and it's never been deleted.
Odd thing is Auto S/S removal is listed on my PB window sticker and at no charge no less..

Ford F-150 F-150 gets back Auto Start/Stop feature starting on 3/24/23 Sticker.JPG

PPEng15

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
Another way around the start stop is not to push the brake all of the way down at a stop. Overtime you can learn where the switch is and keep the break pedal just above it. My 2017 F150 rarely activated unless I wanted it to.

With a Powerboost, the engine is going to cut off long before you get to a stop, for me anywhere between 25 and 45 mph.
Sponsored