Sponsored

Bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat SC 4x4
I was assigned a VIN and build week today, so hopefully I just made it under the wire to have the auto start/stop remain deleted from my order!
Sponsored

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
My 21 doesn't have it and I'm glad. To me, that's just a weird feature. I tried the 'hill hold' feature and thought it was weird as well.
I guess they both have their places..
Hill Hold? Do you mean Auto Hold? Hill Hold is something you have to disable in ForScan, not the infotainment.

fmdog44

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 XL
Occupation
Retired
My battery died after sitting idle for 6 days. Since then my stop/start has never turned back on. My compass now works as well. My Stop/Start is locked at "OFF" since my battery died-cool.

Last edited:

Pelican

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (502A) Supercrew 3.5L EcoBoost
Occupation
Financial Management

Sponsored

HeadBanger

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 5.0
Hill Hold? Do you mean Auto Hold? Hill Hold is something you have to disable in ForScan, not the infotainment.
Yeah, whatever it's called where you can take your foot off the brake on hills and at red lights. I think Subaru calls it Hill Hold.

DT444T

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 AMB Powerboost Lariat
Occupation
Meat servo
Yeah, whatever it's called where you can take your foot off the brake on hills and at red lights. I think Subaru calls it Hill Hold.
Hill hold only holds the rear brakes when you come to a stop on an incline and the only way to turn it off is in ForScan.

Auto Hold mode is what you're talking about. I've seen it in a couple brands and the switch looks like the parking brake indicator. That feature holds the brakes on for you and once you tap the throttle it releases the brakes. I have that turned off, as well, because I found difficult to press the throttle enough to get the brakes to release without turning the ICE on from a stop.

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
Ummmmm
Your Powerboost is the posterchild of auto stop/start. :)

And Ironically, it does NOT have the auto stop/start that is being discussed. It never has had it, and it's never been deleted.
Does it not auto stop/start at all? Maybe I'm not understanding, but that doesn't make sense. Isn't that what hybrids do, by design?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Does it not auto stop/start at all? Maybe I'm not understanding, but that doesn't make sense. Isn't that what hybrids do, by design?
That was the point that I was making.
Albeit with a touch of snark and facetious.

You can't delete auto stop/start from the Powerboost. So it's kinda hilarious that the Mulroney sticker would even mention it.

SomebodyInGNV

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 4WD 301A 3.5L w/ HDPP
Occupation
retired
That was the point that I was making.
Albeit with a touch of snark and facetious.

You can't delete auto stop/start from the Powerboost. So it's kinda hilarious that the Mulroney sticker would even mention it.
Sorry if I was being obtuse.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
No worries. :)
It's not that uncommon for my musings to leave some scratching their head. I go back and read and even I wonder what I was saying.
Sponsored