F-150 "Deep Sleep" Mode

Donnelly713

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I was gone for 3 weeks and my truck went into Deep Sleep mode. I couldn't start it or communicate with it using Ford Pass. It started perfectly using the key when I returned, so it looks like they fixed the issue.
this is good to hear I am gonna have mine undriven for about a month. how long does it take to go into deep sleep mode?
Sponsored

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
this is good to hear I am gonna have mine undriven for about a month. how long does it take to go into deep sleep mode?
I think about 2 weeks. It depends on battery voltage.

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
I was thinking I miraculously dodged the battery drain issue on my 3.5L EB supercrew. Bought in Feb, built in Jan 3700 mi. Sat 2 days and no signs of life, had to use the fob backup key. Dead dead dead. Got a meter and it showed 4v. Guy came out with jumper box & it fired right up, however the entire vehicle seems to be having a mental breakdown. Hill start assist, antilock brake, precollision assist, blind spot detection, even power steering not feeling as powerful?? Drove around for hour and a half and parked it showing 12.5v. Will these things reset? Do I have to disconnect power to reset everything? What about anti-theft if I disconnect battery for 15 min.? Disappointed that such a simple, common occurance (low battery needing jump start) is like crippling my truck.

Last edited:

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 502 SCREW
I was thinking I miraculously dodged the battery drain issue on my 3.5L EB supercrew. Bought in Feb, built in Jan 3700 mi. Sat 2 days and no signs of life, had to use the fob backup key. Dead dead dead. Got a meter and it showed 4v. Guy came out with jumper box & it fired right up, however the entire vehicle seems to be having a mental breakdown. Hill start assist, antilock brake, precollision assist, blind spot detection, even power steering not feeling as powerful?? Drove around for hour and a half and parked it showing 12.5v. Will these things reset? Do I have to disconnect power to reset everything? What about anti-theft if I disconnect battery for 15 min.? Disappointed that such a simple, common occurance (low battery needing jump start) is like crippling my "tuff American truck" that we're supposed to be able to use to take off into the wilds and camp or hunt for days with confidence...
Happened to me, but only at 500 mi in. After my first jump, same amount of mental breakdown + the speedo was reading 0 as I drove. I was told that after driving and charging it up, they would all reset. Problem persisted on the next start up (at least it started). The next morning, everything reset and was good to go while driving to get it serviced. Got a new battery, and no more issues since.

TL/DR it may take more than one ignition/drive cycle to reset, but they will. No need for the hard disconnect/ reset

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
Happened to me, but only at 500 mi in. After my first jump, same amount of mental breakdown + the speedo was reading 0 as I drove. I was told that after driving and charging it up, they would all reset. Problem persisted on the next start up (at least it started). The next morning, everything reset and was good to go while driving to get it serviced. Got a new battery, and no more issues since.

TL/DR it may take more than one ignition/drive cycle to reset, but they will. No need for the hard disconnect/ reset
Very cool to hear. I would have had my own breakdown if it happened at 500 mi and I hadn't read something about it before. Lol I just saw something about these batteries getting damaged when they go down to 4v, is that why you got a new battery?

Airspeed00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 502 SCREW
Very cool to hear. I would have had my own breakdown if it happened at 500 mi and I hadn't read something about it before. Lol I just saw something about these batteries getting damaged when they go down to 4v, is that why you got a new battery?
Yes, this forum is invaluable.

As to damage, I cannot speak. Mine only went down to 8V. When I went to the dealer, I told them that there must be a parasitic drain on the battery and to check the wiring harness. They found no issues and replaced my battery, said it had trouble holding a charge.

Cheers
Sponsored