• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Crew Cab (Lightning): Will It Fit In Garage?

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
When "very rare" = 0. What nonsense even is this?
Ever wonder why commercial passenger airplanes forbids any battery in check in luggage? I want to have a home safer than a commercial airplane.
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
All lithium ion batteries carry some risk of fire.
And gasoline does too...
Ever wonder why commercial passenger airplanes forbids any battery in check in luggage? I want to have a home safer than a commercial airplane.
Than you shouldn't ever get in a car :)

Edit: sorry I missed the smiley face, I am totally joking around

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
Because people are idiots and they don't store them properly. They just say no to everyone instead of checking everyone that has one. All it takes is for something metal to touch the terminals and all is over. They ship batteries by air all the time.

When we built out house in 2016 all of our garage doors are 9' wide and inside the garage is 25'. I can park in the garage and still have room to walk around it ?
The 4 car garage is 1250sqft.

Sponsored

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
Because people are idiots and they don't store them properly. They just say no to everyone instead of checking everyone that has one. All it takes is for something metal to touch the terminals and all is over. They ship batteries by air all the time.

When we built out house in 2016 all of our garage doors are 9' wide and inside the garage is 25'. I can park in the garage and still have room to walk around it ?
The 4 car garage is 1250sqft.
not to take away your enthusiasm to park you future lightning inside your garage, but so as to let you know...GM still says all Bolt owners should park their vehicles outside immediately after charging and should not leave their vehicles charging inside overnight. There have been a number of Tesla garage fires as well, with one case in 2020 involving two Model S sedans.
I know it is Chevy Bolt & Tesla but why would a Ford Lightning be different? I am not here to tell you how to live your life but simply & purely inform & hope it will make you arrive at your own best decision. ?

SteffanG

First Name
Steffan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Audi Q5 (written off), 2008 F150 XLT HDPP
Occupation
Electrician
not to take away your enthusiasm to park you future lightning inside your garage, but so as to let you know...GM still says all Bolt owners should park their vehicles outside immediately after charging and should not leave their vehicles charging inside overnight. There have been a number of Tesla garage fires as well, with one case in 2020 involving two Model S sedans.
I know it is Chevy Bolt & Tesla but why would a Ford Lightning be different? I am not here to tell you how to live your life but simply & purely inform & hope it will make you arrive at your own best decision. ?
A ICE vehicle can catch on fire too...but that never makes the news, only EV fires seem to make the news.
I never believe media anymore as they hype everything up and make it a lot worse than it actually is just to sell more and make more money. Don't forget that the media is a company and they want to make money, so they will report on anything they can get good sales and twist stories.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I had my Model for 3 years, charged in the garage, never had any issues. I might have gotten lucky, who knows. A water heater can explode also…

3putter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilot
Great video. This is really causing me to rethink my reservation. I may have to park the Lightning in a tight downtown garage every day. Not looking forward to that.

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Yeah, according to the link below there are more than 150 fuel vehicle fires per day in the US. EVs are far more safe... they're just novel so they make headlines.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/0...get-serious-about-electric-car-battery-fires/
I guess I need to update the quote I use for tours of my labs..."There could be 100 ICE fires a day and no one cares. One EV fire ANYWHERE in the world becomes front-page news and my bosses are starting to ask questions."

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'd strongly recommend that you also charge your cell phones, tablets, laptops and hoverboards at the end of your driveway. It's much safer that way!

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
The hood appears to extend well above the height of the cab (specifications height I presume) for those thinking about backing in to even have access to the super dooper mega ultimate totally radical front truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Crew Cab (Lightning): Will It Fit In Garage? Screenshot_20211123-181906_YouTube

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
Hope they put a way to set opening like the minivans have.
Sponsored