• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Crew Cab (Lightning): Will It Fit In Garage?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My home is a ranch built in the 70s, so I'm SOL on parking this thing in the garage. The height alone is a nonstarter. I'm planning on having someone extend the outlet in the garage to an outside wall.
Same issue. Outside charging is what I'll have to do as well.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
OP
OP
BobbleHeadGuru
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Convertible 2016
Great video…one of the biggest reasons I am still on the fence.

Very hard to own a 3 car garage, and still getting stuck parking it outside because my builder didn’t provide the extra foot that would have made it easy.

I’m going to need to do the same test. Even if it fits…we still need to be able to get out of the truck!
Thanks for the kinds words!

In the video, you can see that I got stuck in the car when I went in forwards. I had to get on on the passenger's side, which worked because it had a bench seat. It fits a bit better backing in, but I really need to trust the cameras with ~3 inch clearance to spare. Quite stressful.

OP
OP
BobbleHeadGuru
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Convertible 2016
My Raptor fit with minimal 3 inches of clearance on both sides. I have zero concerns that the Lightning will be OK.
Is the Raptor shorter than a Lightning, bumper to bumper? Also in my case, I have one car garage door (next to a 2 car door). The placement of the charger will be an challenge as well in terms of getting of the vehicle and plugging in.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
Is the Raptor shorter than a Lightning, bumper to bumper? Also in my case, I have one car garage door (next to a 2 car door). The placement of the charger will be an challenge as well in terms of getting of the vehicle and plugging in.
The Raptor comes with the same 5'6" bed as the Lightning and it's overall length is 232.6". FordAuthority.com has the Lightnings length as 232.7".
https://fordauthority.com/2021/06/here-are-all-the-2022-ford-f-150-lightning-specs/

For the Raptor, WIDTH is the thing. It's MUCH wider than any of the other F150s.

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I had a similar issue in my old house. I gained a few inches by removing the drywall where the front bumper/license plate area was touching and framing it out. It fit without that mod but I was always pushing against the drywall, so I just removed it! Truck roll after parking also occurs although setting the parking brake will help stop that. My 2010 F-150 fits with about 6 inches to spare in our current house and all the research I have done indicates the Lightning won't be significantly longer.

ZombieFrog

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Great video! Fortunately, my house is recently built but even so, by measurements, if I pull it in and touch the wall, I'll only have 4 inches to spare between bumper and garage door.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Great video! Fortunately, my house is recently built but even so, by measurements, if I pull it in and touch the wall, I'll only have 4 inches to spare between bumper and garage door.
At least you have 4 inches to spare!

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
I built my house in 2016. Luckily, my truck at the time was (and is) a 2011 F250 4x4 crew cab with a 6.5' bed, so I built my garage dimensions around that (times 2). Plenty of room for a Lightning.

Sponsored

Thepaperlion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis
I might have to park in my detached garage as it has a little extra space. I measured my attached garage after watching this and it will be tight.

playjack

First Name
jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Occupation
industrial eqpt sales
I'm not comfortable parking lightning inside the garage for fear of accidental battery burning and taking down your home and possibly loveones. I know it's very rare but....

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning preorder
Occupation
Network Security Engineer
I'm not comfortable parking lightning inside the garage for fear of accidental battery burning and taking down your home and possibly loveones. I know it's very rare but....
When "very rare" = 0. What nonsense even is this?