• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F-150 Crew Cab (Lightning): Will It Fit In Garage?

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
Great video…one of the biggest reasons I am still on the fence.

Very hard to own a 3 car garage, and still getting stuck parking it outside because my builder didn’t provide the extra foot that would have made it easy.

I’m going to need to do the same test. Even if it fits…we still need to be able to get out of the truck!
We had the garage issue on our older home with parking a 20 foot 2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD. We had to remove the luggage racks and it was wall to garage door just to get it in the 20 foot garage. When i had our new home built 2 years ago I took care of that problem with 9 foot tall doors and 3 30 foot bays. The Excursion fits nicely with room to service.
Sponsored

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
Great video. This is really causing me to rethink my reservation. I may have to park the Lightning in a tight downtown garage every day. Not looking forward to that.
Don’t forget to take the height of the truck into account. I believe it may be taller than some F150 trucks and therefore may not fit in some parking garages — especially older ones that had fire suppression sprinkler systems retrofitted.

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
A ICE vehicle can catch on fire too...but that never makes the news, only EV fires seem to make the news.
I never believe media anymore as they hype everything up and make it a lot worse than it actually is just to sell more and make more money. Don't forget that the media is a company and they want to make money, so they will report on anything they can get good sales and twist stories.
Sometimes it makes the news, and sometimes it's a popular model. Say... an F150 for example. (See attached example below.) ICE vehicle fires are far more common than EV fires. They just don't get the media exposure. Fun fact, there was a time when steam powered cars outnumbered ICE powered cars in America. The ICE was a vast improvement over steam and quickly gained market share, eventually rendering the steam powered car obsolete. In order to stain the image of ICE vehicles, manufacturers of steam powered cars seized on the fact that ICE engines utilized small explosions in the combustion chambers for propulsion and began referring to them as "explosion engines" in their own literature and advertising. This despite the fact that a motorist was at least 70 times more likely to die in an explosion while operating or riding in a steam powered vehicle. Innovation breeds resistance.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...-million-pickups-seat-belt-defect/1209785002/

Diabolical!

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'11 F250, '17 Chevy Volt, '22 Lightning (Reserved)
The hood appears to extend well above the height of the cab (specifications height I presume) for those thinking about backing in to even have access to the super dooper mega ultimate totally radical front truck.

Screenshot_20211123-181906_YouTube.jpg
Shouldn't be a problem. My mom has a Ford Edge and the rear hatch has a user-adjustable max-open setting for garage door clearance. You set it once and forget it. I'd imagine the Lightning will be similar.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Our house was built in 28, it is all I can do to get our 62 C10 long bed in to the garage. Literally have to tap the wall with the front bumper and use the parking brake so it will not roll back and keep clear of the door.

Our F150 will be living outside with the Mustang. Usually one of our vehicles parks on the street, curses of a single car width driveway.

Sponsored

adoublee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 EVs
Shouldn't be a problem. My mom has a Ford Edge and the rear hatch has a user-adjustable max-open setting for garage door clearance. You set it once and forget it. I'd imagine the Lightning will be similar.
I just now realized all Lightning have powered front trunk allowing for this, not just upper trims.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Just measured garage, with 202” Odyssey, I still have 50” left, so I can park F150 inside. Really don’t want to park outside.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I was only measuring length and that won’t work. But I recently measured for width and even with mirrors folded that isn’t working. I got me a driveway parker! 😂

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Because people are idiots and they don't store them properly. They just say no to everyone instead of checking everyone that has one. All it takes is for something metal to touch the terminals and all is over. They ship batteries by air all the time.

When we built out house in 2016 all of our garage doors are 9' wide and inside the garage is 25'. I can park in the garage and still have room to walk around it ?
The 4 car garage is 1250sqft.
Got lucky in having bought my now 20 year old home with 9 ft high garage doors and 26 ft in length. Never had any issues with parking a full size truck in it. And also for having 350 amp panels in my garage too.

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
My old 2011 f150 fit with a bit of extra space...less than a foot when touching the framing at the back of the garage. With our newest car I used a 4x4 on the floor spaced appropriately from the back of the garage with 2x4s. Instead of the hanging tennis ball you just drive forward slowly and when your wheels bump the 4x4 you are done.

Bandit216

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Lightning Lariat
I use sandbags from Home Depot on the floor rather than lumber. I thought they might slide as the wheels bump into them but once in place the sand shifts to match the tires and act like fixed wedges - no sliding.
Sponsored

Last edited: