F-150 Built in Phone Holder..

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Apparently that sliding cover costs like $5k so we only have it on Lariat and up for '21...

Weird, right? My 2017 XLT had it.
Unbelievable.. Several years back I was able to get a delaer that would sell Raptors at invoice, so I gladly ordered... Had 2 over several years, but ordering a Raptor was so so much easier as its all included. With these F-150's, you need to study the order guide over and over just to make sure you dont miss something silly, or some trim or package cancels out what you want. Seems like a lot of guys missed the front sensors too.
Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Apparently that sliding cover costs like $5k so we only have it on Lariat and up for '21...

Weird, right? My 2017 XLT had it.
The other $2k for the Lariat is the garage door opener I think.

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer

AnchorChain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Sport 4x4 2.7eco
Occupation
Electrician
I am so glad my XLT doesn’t have the sliding cover. I hated that thing. What was the point of it? I don’t keep anything valuable to cover up anyways in my car. It collected dirt and crap and i always left it open anyways and hated that i couldn’t turn the light off. The little cup thing holds my garage door opener. My truck is garage kept too.

NHF150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT scab
Looks like this was removed in the later builds (Nov. 2021). Anyone know the official name for this thing? Trying to find a part number and see if I can order one.

Sponsored

NHF150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT scab
Looks like this was removed in the later builds (Nov. 2021). Anyone know the official name for this thing? Trying to find a part number and see if I can order one.
Nevermind...finally found it.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Nevermind...finally found it.
My 2022 didn’t come with one of these. What was the part number that you found? I was considering 3D printing it but I can’t find a model of it.

NHF150

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT scab
My 2022 didn’t come with one of these. What was the part number that you found? I was considering 3D printing it but I can’t find a model of it.
I never did find a part number. I found the phone holder in the bottom of the center console. If you want to see if you can find the number, go to https://parts.ford.com/ enter your vin and look under "body" and then "intrument panel". From there you can find the exploded diagram. The thing is so loose in the console that when you lift the phone out, it falls out. Really more of a pain then it is worth.

Blueshound

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Does the light in there ever shut off when closed and driving?
I don't know why it would matter, but if you want to check here's how. Also works on refrigerator btw.
1. Set your phone to record video.
2. Place it in the compartment (or fridge lol) in such a way it shows the light.
3. Close the lid and go for a drive or whatever.
4. Review the video to see if the light stayed on.

Sponsored

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
I don't know why it would matter, but if you want to check here's how. Also works on refrigerator btw.
1. Set your phone to record video.
2. Place it in the compartment (or fridge lol) in such a way it shows the light.
3. Close the lid and go for a drive or whatever.
4. Review the video to see if the light stayed on.
Should I email this to ford ???

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. image

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
A neighbor of mine is actually working on 3D printing something for the Magsafe Apple charger that would slide into the slot for the Ford phone holder/business card holder/wallet holder piece that comes with the F150. He's almost got it perfect.

For me, I just took a piece of strong double faced tape and attached a MagSafe puck to the front of the opening inside where the gear shifter folds down. The MagSafe puck is thin enough for the gear shifter to still clear it and fold completely into the opening, and when I am driving I just put my phone right on there. It holds it where I can see it, not that I need to with CarPlay, it charges it, and its easy to reach. Worst part is that the truck throws a message that says the MagSafe charger isn't approved, but it still works and charges. Phone has never fallen off. Just want to find a way to run the cord so it doesn't go up and over to plug in. Soon I'll get brave and drill a hole through the compartments and finish it nicely. Pictures of both attached.

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. IMG_0595.PNG

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. IMG_7683

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
A neighbor of mine is actually working on 3D printing something for the Magsafe Apple charger that would slide into the slot for the Ford phone holder/business card holder/wallet holder piece that comes with the F150. He's almost got it perfect.

For me, I just took a piece of strong double faced tape and attached a MagSafe puck to the front of the opening inside where the gear shifter folds down. The MagSafe puck is thin enough for the gear shifter to still clear it and fold completely into the opening, and when I am driving I just put my phone right on there. It holds it where I can see it, not that I need to with CarPlay, it charges it, and its easy to reach. Worst part is that the truck throws a message that says the MagSafe charger isn't approved, but it still works and charges. Phone has never fallen off. Just want to find a way to run the cord so it doesn't go up and over to plug in. Soon I'll get brave and drill a hole through the compartments and finish it nicely. Pictures of both attached.

IMG_0595.PNG

IMG_7683.jpeg
Would your friend sell or give the 3D printed files my 2022 did not come with the phone snap in holder but would love to make something like that or recreate the original.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
Would your friend sell or give the 3D printed files my 2022 did not come with the phone snap in holder but would love to make something like that or recreate the original.
I’ve told him he should come on here and sell it, but knowing him he’d probably give the print file. When he finalizes everything I’ll see if he’ll pass along the file.
Sponsored