SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
if you have an iPhone that you can jailbreak you could just put on the app carbridge and use wireless CarPlay to project your entire phone screen to the main screen (I mean entire phone and all apps not just CarPlay). Then you can just leave your phone anywhere (phone does need to be. unlocked for this to work so might need to plug it in if its low on battery). Not sure if android phones have anything similar but if so would need to have your phone rooted I am sure
It would have to be rooted, no doubt.
Sponsored

vCpu

First Name
vCpu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I don’t use the standard holder. I just the pen slot next to the shifter. With car pay I have little need to grab my phone. I use the charger from console as its right there. It’s easy to access. Stays in place.

landersen

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Mine has a little pocket holder thing that I use for my phone.. Are these not on all the trims?

20210403_073039.jpg

20210403_073027.jpg
I came from an '09 RAM 1500. The phone holder in the RAM was excellent and was also a wireless charger. Ford is still playing catchup in some areas for sure.

Trashman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
I have my mom's garage door opener there and with the open slot it is easy to push the button. For me I just keep the phone in my pocket or the charger and use carplay. I have my 3 garage door openers all programmed

Sponsored

jvbronco

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
That holder is a nice touch, but my phone doesn't fit without pushing on the charging cord while it's plugged in. It needs to be a bit higher to provide adequate space for the cable to hang without touching the bottom of the container. so, I cannot use it while charging my phone.

OP
OP
SonnyDigs

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
That holder is a nice touch, but my phone doesn't fit without pushing on the charging cord while it's plugged in. It needs to be a bit higher to provide adequate space for the cable to hang without touching the bottom of the container. so, I cannot use it while charging my phone.
They make a 90 degree connection cable that would work.

BamaGal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Cell phone holder, built into your
2021 F-150..
Seems the best cell phone holder I've ever used is right there in your cab..
Doesn't matter what trim package you have..
As you see by the pic I've posted, you simply pull back the lid on the forward compartment..
There are 2 lips inside, set your phone on the first lip, tip the phone back and let it rest against the dash, between the volume and tuning knob on your radio.
Let the compartments spring loaded lid go against the phone..
It will hold it very tightly.
Depending on phone which inside lip you rest your phone on, should work for most any phone..
This is a Samsung 10+ in a simple rubber case resting on the 1st lip inside compartment.
Give it a try..
I love it, works great for me..
Have a good weekend and enjoy your new truck..

20210403_072408.jpg
So interesting to see others uses for this.... it’s such a piece of junk in my opinion. It doesn’t even snap in just hangs loosely. The cabin is 30+ minutes of corrugated roads and bumps up a mountain so I’m sure it’ll make me loose my religion!
A last second attempt at something but a real fumble!I have an iPhone 12 and it just flops around. If you let the sliding cover forward the screen isn’t viewable like your large phone. As one other posted, I lay mine on its edge in the pencil like holder between the shifter and the cup holders.
Happy Tuesday!

Gblenks

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
IT Manager
I think it's a bit of misinformation that this holder is for phones. I've seen that mentioned in lot's of review videos, but I read in an feature/accessory guide somewhere (can't remember exactly where) that it's actually meant for business cards. Phones are all different sizes so to have a phone holder that isn't universal or adjustable would just be bad engineering.

Sponsored

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I think it's a bit of misinformation that this holder is for phones. I've seen that mentioned in lot's of review videos, but I read in an feature/accessory guide somewhere (can't remember exactly where) that it's actually meant for business cards. Phones are all different sizes so to have a phone holder that isn't universal or adjustable would just be bad engineering.
It sucks as a phone holder that's for sure. Tried to use it once and decided to never do it again. I use the "pen" tray between the shifter and cup holders or I stick it in the cubby behind the console shifter. I hope I don't forget and try to fold the console shifter down with my phone there though! LOL

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
My XLT does not have a cover over the area under the screen. MY 2018 did, but this one does not. Kind of made me a little pissed when I found that out.
I too was also bummed by the absence of the cover on the front well (I came from an '18 as well). Now I'm even more pissed to learn that's only been removed on certain trims! :mad:

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur
I too was also bummed by the absence of the cover on the front well (I came from an '18 as well). Now I'm even more pissed to learn that's only been removed on certain trims! :mad:
You guys dont have the sliding cover?