F-150 Built in Phone Holder..

ArmySooner405

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
A neighbor of mine is actually working on 3D printing something for the Magsafe Apple charger that would slide into the slot for the Ford phone holder/business card holder/wallet holder piece that comes with the F150. He's almost got it perfect.
IMG_7683.jpeg
I’m very interested in one of these! It would be cool if he made one that lets the phone sit horizontally too!
Sponsored

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
A neighbor of mine is actually working on 3D printing something for the Magsafe Apple charger that would slide into the slot for the Ford phone holder/business card holder/wallet holder piece that comes with the F150. He's almost got it perfect.

For me, I just took a piece of strong double faced tape and attached a MagSafe puck to the front of the opening inside where the gear shifter folds down. The MagSafe puck is thin enough for the gear shifter to still clear it and fold completely into the opening, and when I am driving I just put my phone right on there. It holds it where I can see it, not that I need to with CarPlay, it charges it, and its easy to reach. Worst part is that the truck throws a message that says the MagSafe charger isn't approved, but it still works and charges. Phone has never fallen off. Just want to find a way to run the cord so it doesn't go up and over to plug in. Soon I'll get brave and drill a hole through the compartments and finish it nicely. Pictures of both attached.

IMG_0595.PNG

IMG_7683.jpeg
I went with this product from Anker: https://us.anker.com/products/b2930?ref=MagGo_lp

I'm going to mount the base in the same open compartment. I don't have access to a 3D printer to replicate what you have, could have saved me some significant cash :(

Just to note, I don't think you'll get the full 15W MagSafe charging from the port you've plugged into. I plan on using the 12V auxiliary port above the 400W outlet since the Anker one came with four wire organizers to keep things tidy.

I don't have the truck yet so can't post pictures, but in case anyone's wondering, I'm impressed with the magnet in this thing. I don't have any concerns about normal driving conditions knocking the phone loose.

LHoffmanjr22

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew Powerboost
I went with this product from Anker: https://us.anker.com/products/b2930?ref=MagGo_lp

I'm going to mount the base in the same open compartment. I don't have access to a 3D printer to replicate what you have, could have saved me some significant cash :(

Just to note, I don't think you'll get the full 15W MagSafe charging from the port you've plugged into. I plan on using the 12V PowerPoint port above the 400W outlet since the Anker one came with four wire organizers to keep things tidy.

I don't have the truck yet so can't post pictures, but in case anyone's wondering, I'm impressed with the magnet in this thing. I don't have any concerns about normal driving conditions knocking the phone loose.
I don’t think I’m getting the full charging amount either, but it’s just as much about a convenient place to keep the phone where it’s easily in reach/view and won’t move around while I drive as it is about charging. Though, even on a 15-20 minute drive there’s a notable increase in my phone battery, so it’s definitely doing something, even if it’s not up to peak performance.

After seeing everything my neighbor does with his 3D printer it’s making me think the $150 investment in a cheap one would pay for itself quickly.

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
I’ve told him he should come on here and sell it, but knowing him he’d probably give the print file. When he finalizes everything I’ll see if he’ll pass along the file.
Whatever he decides I will give him something for his time and tinkering with it!

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
My XLT does not have a cover over the area under the screen. MY 2018 did, but this one does not. Kind of made me a little pissed when I found that out.
Mine has a little pocket holder thing that I use for my phone.. Are these not on all the trims?

20210403_073039.jpg

20210403_073027.jpg
I have on my xlt. Cheap looking though for a 50K + truck but then you get this gigantic infotainment screen?

Sponsored

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
What’s the need for a phone holder when there’s CarPlay…?

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport
What’s the need for a phone holder when there’s CarPlay…?
My current car requires a wired connection for CarPlay so I’ve gotten conditioned to take it out of my pocket before getting in the car.

I also generally hate driving with my phone in my pants pocket. Even if I’m not using CarPlay, I always take it out and put it in my cup holder or somewhere else.

smyph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Stuff and thing
I’d be interested too

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
Can anyone snap a pic of the part number from the little holder that goes in the front part of the console? My truck didn't come with one, and apparently none on the dealership lot had them either, so don't know if they're getting tossed by the crews doing PDI or what.
But, would like to use one for business cards or something.
Or anyone know of any cool 3d printed gadgets that have been made to fit into the slots in that compartment?

kb2755

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT 302A Sport

Just to note, I don't think you'll get the full 15W MagSafe charging from the port you've plugged into. I plan on using the 12V auxiliary port above the 400W outlet since the Anker one came with four wire organizers to keep things tidy.

Forgot to follow up with some pictures. Installation wasn't exactly as I planned. I could not get the base of this thing to stick to the rubber mat in the bottom of the tray. Removed the mat and ended up sticking it directly to the smooth plastic. Works as I wanted it to, I put the phone horizontally on it to charge and it still gives me full access to the climate buttons and the cup holders. The light-up ring is a nice touch at night, don't have to fiddle around trying to line up the MagSafe magnets.

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. IMG_2353

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. IMG_2354

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. IMG_2356

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
If I need to charge my phone, I usually put it in the narrow channel between the shifter and the cup holders and if not, then put it in the fry box hole where the shifter folds down into so I can see it. I've tried to use the plastic holder they provided in the forward section, but it never stays put and I hated fiddling with it every time so stopped using it.

Ford F-150 F-150 Built in Phone Holder.. giphy

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
I have a wireless charger phone holder sitting on the a/c vent. With all due respect to the "amazing" SYNC 4, sometimes I do need access to the phone. It's right in front of my eyes, easy reach, and by sitting on the a/c vent it gets cooled down while charging, especially here in the south in the summer. Had multiple occasions of phone stopped charging because it got overheated.

cjduello

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat SCREW EB 502A Sport FX4
I just put a wireless charging pad in the center console and ride with wireless CarPlay.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
I also generally hate driving with my phone in my pants pocket. Even if I’m not using CarPlay, I always take it out and put it in my cup holder or somewhere else.
This is the same for me.

Also after a long trip I don't want to end up there with half the battery gone due to using GPS on a 4 hour drive.

C. Mays

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat; Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Project Management