Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
If it requires the max tow package, then that sucks since it eats into payload for no additional travel trailer towing benefit and I was not planning on adding that package.
Sponsored

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
The payload estimator is a feature that in my opinion should be standard on pickup trucks, for safety, but at a cost higher than $200 I'll pass on this.

If you know what your payload is (on the door sticker) and use the truck for typical things like buying 50 bags of mulch that weigh 20 pounds each. The total weight of the mulch is 1000 pounds - this isn't rocket science - I do not need a rocket science solution.

trackstar1319

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport FX4
Occupation
Appraiser
I can get over not having the scale, however the suspension damping feature..... It's kind of a bummer My 2021 will not have this as it's definitely an option I would have sprung for when purchasing my truck.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
I ordered my 21 in January and have been dealing with the long wait times because I refused plunk down cash on a leftover 2020 and feel like it was already outdated. Mine rolled off the assembly line yesterday and I kinda feel like I'm behind and I didn't even get the truck yet....!!!

And another thing, we got thousands of trucks stranded at ramp 59 awaiting semiconductors and we are adding technology that likely requires MORE semiconductors?

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Those of us in the Tesla world are used to being obsoleted the day of delivery. Tesla does in-process updates virtually every week on the line - there is no way to know what’s a 20XX model anything. Oh well, missed this on my incoming fully loaded KR.

Sponsored

Mountaineer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'03 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Environmental
Does anyone have experience with the dampening on other Ford models? I saw some reviews that seemed to like it in Expeditions, Navigators, and Fusions.

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
At first I was thinking what a great feature then I was thinking this could be used by ford to deny warranty claims for overloading the truck. What do you think?

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
Anyone have any insight when this (and the other Job #2 new options) will show in the Build&Config at Ford.com? All they said back in April was avail in July, and could be ordered in early June...

Blackdog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited on Order, 2003 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have any insight when this (and the other Job #2 new options) will show in the Build&Config at Ford.com? All they said back in April was avail in July, and could be ordered in early June...
Good question. I was a 4/26 build and am presumably on "Ramp59". When the Window Stickers came back , mine had zero changes. But included in the online "List of Standard Accessories" for my 2021 Limited (which I have not yet received, and neither has my dealer) it is there. See Pics of my online build report at Ford Mothership - below.

Pics show both listed and linked to a description that says it is "Standard" on my 2021 Limited - both pics shown. I have read that it is "Standard" on my Limited starting 7/1. BUT I have no way of knowing "if" it will be there - have my doubts being a 4/26 build - yet it says available starting 7/1/21 in all the articles I've read - and they will not have my truck out the door until after that I am quite sure - currently in the 10/31/21 club. I am suspecting that FORD needs to (and maybe in fact will - and it could be a reason why we are sidelined while production seems to be resumed) make things right because there are releases and expectations they are sending. In 2016 I bought a 2016 "and a half" Mazda CX-5 for my wife. It was a VERY different car from the 2016 starting with the included backup camera and side sensors. We bought it in April 2016.
Ford F-150 F-150 Adds Class-Exclusive Payload Estimation, Trailer Towing and Smart Suspension Damping Features FordOnlineBuildAccessoryist on My Truck

Ford F-150 F-150 Adds Class-Exclusive Payload Estimation, Trailer Towing and Smart Suspension Damping Features MyOnboardScalesLink

Blackdog

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited on Order, 2003 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Good question. I was a 4/26 build and am presumably on "Ramp59". When the Window Stickers came back , mine had zero changes. But included in the online "List of Standard Accessories" for my 2021 Limited (which I have not yet received, and neither has my dealer) it is there. See Pics of my online build report at Ford Mothership - below.

Pics show both listed and linked to a description that says it is "Standard" on my 2021 Limited - both pics shown. I have read that it is "Standard" on my Limited starting 7/1. BUT I have no way of knowing "if" it will be there - have my doubts being a 4/26 build - yet it says available starting 7/1/21 in all the articles I've read - and they will not have my truck out the door until after that I am quite sure - currently in the 10/31/21 club. I am suspecting that FORD needs to (and maybe in fact will - and it could be a reason why we are sidelined while production seems to be resumed) make things right because there are releases and expectations they are sending. In 2016 I bought a 2016 "and a half" Mazda CX-5 for my wife. It was a VERY different car from the 2016 starting with the included backup camera and side sensors. We bought it in April 2016.
FordOnlineBuildAccessoryist on My Truck.png

MyOnboardScalesLink.png

6/16 Dealer Text Update: My dealer just told me he thinks it will be included. Grain of salt taken, but some encouragement.

Sponsored

AutonomousHybridF150

First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Adjuster
I have a 2021 Platinum and I’ve often wondered what the ride level sensors were for on all 4 wheels.

I wonder if the scale feature can be enabled for a fee, similar to the Sync Navigation post-update.

Does anyone know if Ford has even added anything physical to the truck to make the scale function? Or is this a software feature update to make more money for Ford?

A month ago, and very knowledgeable SALES PERSON told me that Ford engineers figured out there was all needed sensors for this “onboard scale” to be added in the OTA update. And told me that I was going to be added I. The OTA update.

My tail lights have the little LEDS to indicate the capacity, and it doesn’t appear they light up for any other reason (brakes, turn, hazards, back up), so why would Ford put LEDS in a tail light housing that didn’t work until half year 2021?

I went to Ford’s site, built an identical platinum to my own, and it did NOT include the scale as a standard feature. It was 650-750 extra I think, and my truck has all the other “required options” to buy the add in.

If the hardware is already present and Ford wants to make us buy a new truck to get the scale, I wonder if FORScan is an option.

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
I have a 2021 Platinum and I’ve often wondered what the ride level sensors were for on all 4 wheels.

I wonder if the scale feature can be enabled for a fee, similar to the Sync Navigation post-update.

Does anyone know if Ford has even added anything physical to the truck to make the scale function? Or is this a software feature update to make more money for Ford?

A month ago, and very knowledgeable SALES PERSON told me that Ford engineers figured out there was all needed sensors for this “onboard scale” to be added in the OTA update. And told me that I was going to be added I. The OTA update.

My tail lights have the little LEDS to indicate the capacity, and it doesn’t appear they light up for any other reason (brakes, turn, hazards, back up), so why would Ford put LEDS in a tail light housing that didn’t work until half year 2021?

I went to Ford’s site, built an identical platinum to my own, and it did NOT include the scale as a standard feature. It was 650-750 extra I think, and my truck has all the other “required options” to buy the add in.

If the hardware is already present and Ford wants to make us buy a new truck to get the scale, I wonder if FORScan is an option.
I sorta wondered about this myself. I suspect Ford isn’t going to give this away, but maybe Forscan can enable it. My early 2021 also seems to have all the sensors (I think for self leveling headlights) so I bet it’s just a software add on.

Frankly, it’s not a feature I’m dying for. The different shocks would have been nice tho.
Sponsored