Sponsored

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
as a prospective new f150 owner, I think this will end up a 2022 option given the delays. this option will probably be expensive. I’m guessing at least 1000 bucks. Interesting if it is added to max tow. buying trucks is like buying iPhones, there will always be new features. My view is if your going to towing a lot get a f250, half ton trucks can certainly tow, but 3/4 ton trucks will certainly be more efficient if towing heavy loads. I read a saying on a trailer site, buy the trailer first then buy the truck.
Sponsored

col

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I personally not interested in all the extras in this package. Plus, isn't Ford having trouble just building what they have already sold?

All I need is here for $300 Weigh Safe hitch with scale built in.
https://www.weigh-safe.com/

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
As another prospective new f150 owner, so glad that while I've been waiting out to see what's happens with the rust issues and was expecting to order sometime in June or July. Was also waiting to verify which travel trailer we were aiming for, so with this timeline and everything else, I will be adding this feature, it looks sweet. My goal is to have the truck sometime between September and November.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
as a prospective new f150 owner, I think this will end up a 2022 option given the delays. this option will probably be expensive. I’m guessing at least 1000 bucks. Interesting if it is added to max tow. buying trucks is like buying iPhones, there will always be new features. My view is if your going to towing a lot get a f250, half ton trucks can certainly tow, but 3/4 ton trucks will certainly be more efficient if towing heavy loads. I read a saying on a trailer site, buy the trailer first then buy the truck.
I've read the same thing on towing forums, and I disagree as every individual situation is different. For example, many cannot park their F250 in a garage at home or work. Secondly, if you buy a trailer, dealers want you to drive it off their lot, including the install of the WDH. If you don't have a truck yet, you have to make special arrangements.

Anyway, this is very cool tech! I'm bummed I couldn't add it on my '21 as the dampening sounds nice. I already have done all the weighing so the scales would have just been a toy, but a fun one for sure!

I'm guessing the scale part is very similar to the tech inside the betterweigh (https://www.curtmfg.com/betterweigh) that uses the displacement sensors, but with built-in prior knowledge of your specific vehicle payloads and capability so you don't have to program it.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I personally not interested in all the extras in this package. Plus, isn't Ford having trouble just building what they have already sold?

All I need is here for $300 Weigh Safe hitch with scale built in.
https://www.weigh-safe.com/
I thought about that too, but it does payload as well without requiring the trailer. Like if you are just loading pavers or sand bags, that hitch doesn't get you same capability as the new tech.

Plus the dampening is a feature that no scales can provide. I'm glad I have everything weighed and have my own tongue scale, but I will never have access to the dampening stuff. I'll be fine though, sounds like just a nice-to-have but I would have ordered it anyway since I loaded out my build to death.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
As another prospective new f150 owner, so glad that while I've been waiting out to see what's happens with the rust issues and was expecting to order sometime in June or July. Was also waiting to verify which travel trailer we were aiming for, so with this timeline and everything else, I will be adding this feature, it looks sweet. My goal is to have the truck sometime between September and November.
I started my order in Sept with the goal of getting it in Nov/Dec. I got it in March hahaha. Anyway, plan on looooong lead times until the silicon vendors can catch up.

Maybe you can join the Grand Design club and get an Imagine ?

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I started my order in Sept with the goal of getting it in Nov/Dec. I got it in March hahaha. Anyway, plan on looooong lead times until the silicon vendors can catch up.

Maybe you can join the Grand Design club and get an Imagine ?
yep, we're leaning towards a 2250rk, but just haven't been in one to confirm. We've been in the 2500rl, 2600rb, & 2800bh units at rv shows. With Covid, the supply and pricing has been crazy. Back in Jan 2020, we got quotes of 30% off. We're thinking we'll check one out late next month to confirm. Then order truck June'ish. Then once the truck comes in late fall, hopefully, TT prices will get back to normal end of season. Who knows these days. But that's the thinking.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
yep, we're leaning towards a 2250rk, but just haven't been in one to confirm. We've been in the 2500rl, 2600rb, & 2800bh units at rv shows. With Covid, the supply and pricing has been crazy. Back in Jan 2020, we got quotes of 30% off. We're thinking we'll check one out late next month to confirm. Then order truck June'ish. Then once the truck comes in late fall, hopefully, TT prices will get back to normal end of season. Who knows these days. But that's the thinking.
Dude it is INSANE currently.... I can get about what I paid NEW or even slightly more for my 2800BH right now. One sold at our storage lot for $30k last summer and I paid $29k (plus tax) new. (I've done about $3k of upgrades and mods though)

Good luck on the supply/demand next fall! Hope you can join the club AND take advantage of the new ford tech goodies!

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I've read the same thing on towing forums, and I disagree as every individual situation is different. For example, many cannot park their F250 in a garage at home or work. Secondly, if you buy a trailer, dealers want you to drive it off their lot, including the install of the WDH. If you don't have a truck yet, you have to make special arrangements.

Anyway, this is very cool tech! I'm bummed I couldn't add it on my '21 as the dampening sounds nice. I already have done all the weighing so the scales would have just been a toy, but a fun one for sure!

I'm guessing the scale part is very similar to the tech inside the betterweigh (https://www.curtmfg.com/betterweigh) that uses the displacement sensors, but with built-in prior knowledge of your specific vehicle payloads and capability so you don't have to program it.
That makes total sense. The size of the f250 can have challenges that a f150 does not. I think a lot of f150 buyers appreciate the towing capacity of a f150, so missing out on a cool user friendly feature does suck. I drove a 2500 extended cab and bed and they are the hardest to park. I think most garages are not built for 1/2 ton trucks let alone a 3/4 ton. I had an uncle who’s f150 didn’t fit in the garage and sold it bc of that. Timing is everything when it comes to buying cars and houses. Who would have expected the used truck market to become just as expensive as new trucks in 2021 and house markets to get very pricey.
If I did buy a truck in the future, I would definitely opt for this feature, but I think next year this feature will require a custom order, just like the Max tow was very popular this year.

Sponsored

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
I wonder if this is going to be included in any of the tow packages. I ordered a Lariat plus the standard tow package plus the tow tech package. My dealer said I am scheduled to be built around July 7th which is when they are planning to start building trucks with these features. It will be interesting to see what I end up with.

As neat as it all sounds though, I’ve towed enough that it also wouldn’t be a dealbreaker for me and I would not be willing to pay (much) more for it.
Don't think you will just get it "Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch is $650. The new Continuously Controlled Damping feature is $695."

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Dude it is INSANE currently.... I can get about what I paid NEW or even slightly more for my 2800BH right now. One sold at our storage lot for $30k last summer and I paid $29k (plus tax) new. (I've done about $3k of upgrades and mods though)

Good luck on the supply/demand next fall! Hope you can join the club AND take advantage of the new ford tech goodies!
Was hoping it would settle down after mass vaccinations, stabilized supply chains, and closer to end of season when half the county winterizes.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Don't think you will just get it "Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch is $650. The new Continuously Controlled Damping feature is $695."
If not part of any of the tow packages then yeah for sure not. No matterI wouldn’t have paid extra for those features anyway.

Chasinsparks

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Sho, 2021 F150 Limited Powerboost
Occupation
Retired United States Army
I won't cancel my order just for this but maybe would have added if it was available.

"Onboard Scales with Smart Hitch is $650. The new Continuously Controlled Damping feature is $695."

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
We are hoping that a lot of this new tech makes its way into a 2022 or 2023 F250 SuperDuty PowerStroke
Sponsored