Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have a 2022 F150 Hybrid King Ranch and I had exactly the same issue :(
The noise was so loud I couldn't stay in a car more than 10s, and I am still buzzed after 1 hour.

It started the same, with an error beep and then extremely loud static. Info system didn't work, can't turn off the noise, but I could start and run the car normally. The noise was on even if I turn the car off.

I had to wait 30 min to re-start and be able to drive normally.

Now I am particularly worried to take my 3 years old in the car. If that happen again, she could be injured for life!

I am going to check with my dealership tomorrow, but I know they will do nothing. For them, they need to see the problem to do anything... I had a major argument with them for my raptor bed trunk that was not opening time to time...

Good morning! This doesn't sound like the kind of experience we want you to have. For further assistance, feel free to send over a private message with your VIN and dealership information at your earliest convenience.
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
What else could the tech possibly do?
At least you seem to have a dealership service department that cares about the customer's complaint!

Ken B

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 ford F150 Limited
Occupation
Retired
This is what my Ford dealership did for the same issue. They changed out the DSP (Digital Signal Processor), think it has to do with the amp.
Probably no cure, but at least they tried something. Still nervous everytime I start my 2022 F150 Limited. I ve had it 8 months now and it's only happened once.

Ford F-150 Extremely loud electrical POP followed by loud static 16790700107953986980814653837326

Ford F-150 Extremely loud electrical POP followed by loud static 16790700665208820123204013792656

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
@SoundsGoodStereo. See @Ken B’s post. Maybe pointing to the amp?
This is what my Ford dealership did for the same issue. They changed out the DSP (Digital Signal Processor), think it has to do with the amp.
Probably no cure, but at least they tried something. Still nervous everytime I start my 2022 F150 Limited. I ve had it 8 months now and it's only happened once.

16790700107953986980814653837326.jpg

16790700665208820123204013792656.jpg
Unfortunately not to be the bearer of bad news but it's not the amp. I went as far as removed the rear stock amp, all speakers, subwoofer and went aftermarket. The issue still persists on my 2018 F150 Lariat. My guess is it's either the head unit audio control module or something in-between. 😒

Sponsored

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Unfortunately not to be the bearer of bad news but it's not the amp. I went as far as removed the rear stock amp, all speakers, subwoofer and went aftermarket. The issue still persists on my 2018 F150 Lariat. My guess is it's either the head unit audio control module or something in-between. 😒
Interesting, when you say removed, what is your new system consist of in products?

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Interesting, when you say removed, what is your new system consist of in products?
The aftermarket system I installed consists of the NAV-TV ZEN-A2B dsp interface module which is needed once you remove the stock amp/dsp. It decodes the CANbus digital audio signal that Ford uses and converts it to analog. From there it feeds an AudioControl D-4.800 4 channel Amp and Hertz HCP 1DK mono amplifier. The front door speakers were replaced with Pioneer 6x9s and rear doors with 6"pioneers (don't remember the model numbers). The Hertz amp powers two Pioneer 12" TS-SW3002S4 subwoofers that fit perfectly side by side under the rear seat. Not the most premium setup as of yet but huge upgrade from the crappy stock B&O system. This forum has lots of information on how to do the upgrade. Or you can watch this YouTube video for a similar install using the NAV-TV ZEN-A2B.

LariatSpaceWhite2.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 2.7
The aftermarket system I installed consists of the NAV-TV ZEN-A2B dsp interface module which is needed once you remove the stock amp/dsp. It decodes the CANbus digital audio signal that Ford uses and converts it to analog. From there it feeds an AudioControl D-4.800 4 channel Amp and Hertz HCP 1DK mono amplifier. The front door speakers were replaced with Pioneer 6x9s and rear doors with 6"pioneers (don't remember the model numbers). The Hertz amp powers two Pioneer 12" TS-SW3002S4 subwoofers that fit perfectly side by side under the rear seat. Not the most premium setup as of yet but huge upgrade from the crappy stock B&O system. This forum has lots of information on how to do the upgrade. Or you can watch this YouTube video for a similar install using the NAV-TV ZEN-A2B.
Thanks for the info, and it's STILL doing the loud pop and static issue?! Sheesh. We need to get more people filing those NHTSA complaints to see if we can this fixed by Ford!

Sponsored

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Thanks for the info, and it's STILL doing the loud pop and static issue?! Sheesh. We need to get more people filing those NHTSA complaints to see if we can this fixed by Ford!
Yeah the intermittent loud pop with static issue still happens as it did with stock setup. Sucks because now the static noise is even louder with the aftermarket amps when it happens. So I installed a small ice cube relay to quickly disable the amps when the issue occurs. Ford should be seriously ashamed for not resolving this 6yr old issue and yet it's still present on many of their new vehicles. My nephews 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat has the exact same issue! 🙄

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
Are you familiar with how the system is grounded including the ZEN module? Did you do the install or a local shop?

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
Are you familiar with how the system is grounded including the ZEN module? Did you do the install or a local shop?
I performed the install myself. The zen module is plug and play into the existing factory power/signal connectors that powered the previous stock amp. As for the amps the main ground goes directly to the battery terminal, not the chassis.

SoundsGoodStereo

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
soundsgoodstereo.com
Vehicles
F-150
I performed the install myself. The zen module is plug and play into the existing factory power/signal connectors that powered the previous stock amp. As for the amps the main ground goes directly to the battery terminal, not the chassis.
If it happens again, run the power/ground from the ZEN to the lines you ran to the battery. I'm very surprised your ZEN is working consistently connected to the factory power/ground. It's the number one Zen phone call / fix we receive every day.

Marman242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Lariat
If it happens again, run the power/ground from the ZEN to the lines you ran to the battery. I'm very surprised your ZEN is working consistently connected to the factory power/ground. It's the number one Zen phone call / fix we receive every day.
Hmm....I see what you're getting at. Possibly conflicting dissimilar grounds between the old factory amp power harness and new amp ground to the battery. This would indicate a poor ground connection on the factory amp harness that could be the culprit of this static noise issue we are all experiencing. I just followed what Zen indicated in the instructions and its been working fine, mind you I installed this 4yrs ago unless Zen has updated their instructions. My question though, if I connect the zen to the new amp power/ground as you mentioned, will it not cause the zen to be always powered on and never shut down after the Ford head unit goes into its sleep mode? I assumed the factory power to the zen switched off when the head units enters sleep mode. Unless the zen always has constant power but is signaled to enter sleep mode via the A2B canbus??
Sponsored

Last edited: